Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

This thread has devolved past talking about the Horner situation - I don't see its purpose anymore. Just feels like a place to sling insults at one another.

More relevant to the topic at hand, I find it interesting how the German sources get some piece of news and almost immediately, the British media comes out to deny it. Not accusing any particular media of anything, just that it seems to really emphasize the split in the Austrian and Thai/Horner department

chrstphrln

It won't be possible to maintain the state of limbo for much longer.
I think he will still need the time until the next GP, after which a decision will have been made and it will also have been finally discussed.

Otherwise, the same applies as always: if you find the thread unnecessary, burdensome, profane or otherwise annoying, you don't have to read it.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Wouter wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 17:45
Cs98 wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 17:35
Wouter wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 17:15

Could you please show my the post from weeks ago where I revealed the name of the woman who accused Horner?
As you know that was deleted, as it should've been. It was totally inappropriate.
NO, I don't know that!! And I can't also remember I posted her name weeks ago because I only found out who she was 10 or 12 days ago. And I also hadn't a message from a mod that I wasn't allowed to post her name and so it was deleted!
Believe what you want to believe if it makes you feel better. Have a nice day.
Please look at your messages here on Feb. 17th. A message of yours contained the identity of the assistant and a mod edited it themselves to remove the identity.

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Can we stop poking Wouter on this please? no need to bitch at one another!

No-one will be wanting to share or find this ID on the site - we do not want that to be the case.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

SoulPancake13 wrote:
This thread has devolved past talking about the Horner situation - I don't see its purpose anymore. Just feels like a place to sling insults at one another.

More relevant to the topic at hand, I find it interesting how the German sources get some piece of news and almost immediately, the British media comes out to deny it. Not accusing any particular media of anything, just that it seems to really emphasize the split in the Austrian and Thai/Horner department
It is a massive story. And obviously ppl want to talk about it.

Cs98
Cs98

Wouter wrote:
Cs98 wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Could you please show my the post from weeks ago where I revealed the name of the woman who accused Horner?
As you know that was deleted, as it should've been. It was totally inappropriate.
NO, I don't know that!! And I can't also remember I posted her name weeks ago because I only found out who she was 10 or 12 days ago. And I also hadn't a message from a mod that I wasn't allowed to post her name and so it was deleted!
viewtopic.php?p=1186503#p1186503
I think we can draw a line under this discussion.

dans79

SoulPancake13 wrote:
I personally think the thread is fine, but imo the people who can't behave themselves should loose the privilege to post to the thread. If memory serves phpbb (the forum software), has functionality to facilitate such a restriction.
201 105 104 9 9 7

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

DChemTech wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 13:09
Is this the forum of the daily mail?
No. The people on there wouldn't take this long to understand what workplace sexual harassment is.
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

DDopey
DDopey

I do see a purpose for this thread as it keeps this stuff out of the other ones.

Wouter

Cs98 wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 19:41
Wouter wrote:
Cs98 wrote:
No I won't draw a line under this discussion.
I saw it just today because @SoulPancake13 told me 17:03 " Please look at your messages here on Feb. 17th."

I said I never got a message from a mod about it that it was deleted which they normally always send by PM.

If you take a good look at my post from 17 Feb 2024, 16:59 you can see that Steven a day later a name had removed.

"Last edited by Steven on 18 Feb 2024, 21:05, edited 1 time in total."

@Dans79 quoted my sentence 10 minutes later that was removed the next day by Steven:

" Wouter wrote: ↑ 17 Feb 2024, 16:59
It seems that this is about ***. The Financial Times mentioned "His assistent"."

Do you think I read every day my messages from the day before to see if maybe something is removed?! #-o

I NEVER saw that Steven removed a name until today 17:15
because he did not send a PM that he edited my message.

And btw you are always full of mentioning the mods. I assume you didn't read this message from a mod
because an hour and a half later you are still going to attack me.
CMSMJ1
11 Mar 2024, 17:21
The Power of Dreams!

Cs98
Cs98

Wouter wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 20:57
Cs98 wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 19:41
Wouter wrote:
No I won't draw a line under this discussion.
I saw it just today because @SoulPancake13 told me 17:03 " Please look at your messages here on Feb. 17th."
I said I never got a message from a mod about it that it was deleted which they normally always send by PM.
If you take a good look at my post from 17 Feb 2024, 16:59 you can see that Steven a day later a name had removed.
"Last edited by Steven on 18 Feb 2024, 21:05, edited 1 time in total."
@Dans79 quoted my sentence 10 minutes later that was removed the next day by Steven:
" Wouter wrote: ↑ 17 Feb 2024, 16:59
It seems that this is about ***. The Financial Times mentioned "His assistent"."
Do you think I read every day my messages from the day before to see if maybe something is removed?! #-o
I NEVER saw that Steven removed a name until today 17:15
because he did not send a PM that he edited my message.
And btw you are always full of mentioning the mods. I assume you didn't read this message from a mod
because an hour and a half later you are still going to attack me.
CMSMJ1
11 Mar 2024, 17:21
Wouter wrote:
I provide you the answer to your own question and you claim you are being attacked. Btw, that post is 3 weeks old, not "10 or 12 days".

maxxer
maxxer

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 19:15
SoulPancake13 wrote:

It is a massive story. And obviously ppl want to talk about it.
Indeed and the moderator showed you a place where you can gossip and rant all you want.
This topic can be deleted and restarted again when there are actual facts.

DChemTech
DChemTech

chrstphrln wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 17:04
Oh, come on.
The name has been known for a really long time now and I can't imagine that the poster of the picture wouldn't have been able to figure it out very easily himself.
Why he would post the picture here and ask for the name instead of complying with his desire for knowledge with minimal effort and Google, I don't know, but Wouter confirming the name really isn't a big deal.
Still, resharing it is problematic. An importent part of why gossip and drivel stick with people for the rest of their lives is not because a few outlets report on it, but because many in unscrupulously share it. If you want to see honest, fact based discussion of issues, don't participate in naming and shaming. It sets a bad example, and all these contributions, however small, do matter.

Mosin123
Mosin123

DChemTech wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 21:53
chrstphrln wrote:
11 Mar 2024, 17:04
Oh, come on.
The name has been known for a really long time now and I can't imagine that the poster of the picture wouldn't have been able to figure it out very easily himself.
Why he would post the picture here and ask for the name instead of complying with his desire for knowledge with minimal effort and Google, I don't know, but Wouter confirming the name really isn't a big deal.
Still, resharing it is problematic. An importent part of why gossip and drivel stick with people for the rest of their lives is not because a few outlets report on it, but because many in unscrupulously share it. If you want to see honest, fact based discussion of issues, don't participate in naming and shaming. It sets a bad example, and all these contributions, however small, do matter.
So, its ok to name and shame CH, but not the accuser? because naming the accuser would be setting a bad example, but it is ok to name and shame the accused because, thats a good example? are both not the exact same thing?

I dont want to cause a row..... But isnt that double standards? hypocritical even?

You can name CH, but not the one whos name we shall dare not speak? LOL

myurr
myurr

Mosin123 wrote:
12 Mar 2024, 00:11
So, its ok to name and shame CH, but not the accuser? because naming the accuser would be setting a bad example, but it is ok to name and shame the accused because, thats a good example? are both not the exact same thing?

I dont want to cause a row..... But isnt that double standards? hypocritical even?

You can name CH, but not the one whos name we shall dare not speak? LOL
The media and Red Bull team put Horner's name in the public domain and said he was being investigated. If the woman comes forward in the next few days with a press statement of her own then I'm sure it would be considered okay to name her.