2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AMG.Tzan

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Luscion wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 07:39
AMG.Tzan wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 07:37
Luscion wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 07:29
Result of Russell's crash, sure a bunch of people are taking pics of that floor

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJaYHNYXwAA ... ame=medium
Surely nobody wants piece of that crap floor…
Theres always things you can take from a car that is performing worse than yours, people took ideas from williams and RB took ideas from the W14, might be a little bit different with floors but for sure for the mid field and back markers this is valuable
Sure but…

If take into account that the Mercedes was the slowest of all through the fast first sector of Jeddah then this floor might be the worst on the grid really…
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

AMG.Tzan wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 07:45

Sure but…

If take into account that the Mercedes was the slowest of all through the fast first sector of Jeddah then this floor might be the worst on the grid really…
Its ostensibly the 5th fastest team, there are at least 5 teams that can glean something from their floor.

JordanMugen

j_ste wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 07:38
Venturiation wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 07:33
He is a much much better person than I am. I'd step out of the team and get a head start on my next job.
Wouldn't Hamilton be loyal to the team that delivered him 6 world titles and which "doesn't make mistakes" by Hamilton's own admission?

It seems Mercedes were unwise to fire the good operator Mike Elliot who delivered the impressive race winning W13 and Elliot will be Alpine F1 Team's gain, assuming the Enstone squad can secure Elliot's services.
Last edited by JordanMugen on 24 Mar 2024, 07:54, edited 1 time in total.

j_ste
j_ste

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 07:44
Luscion wrote:
Jdn1327 wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 07:17

I dont buy the experiment and guinea pig agenda for a minute. Lewis is human. He can be beaten. Rosberg, Button and Russell have done it. We just need to stop bashing him but also not release an entire docuseries on why his is slow here...no excuses for anyone. Russell must be judged by the same standard as well when lewis leaves.
So Lewis, Shovlin and Toto are all lying? Merc saying they planned on doing experiments a week before Australia and that they did extreme test with Lewis' car in fp2 is all just a big lie to, what, protect lewis?
Nobody is denying experiments. Lewis is leaving the team so why it's always and again Lewis that sacrifices to do experiments that costs speed of his? Lewis is doing these extreme experiments for himself, not for the team that has been said '22. Lewis should say fix you own --- car with Russell, he is not test driver here.
Why would he not experiment? He wants to win and the only way to do that is to find solutions and quickly.

He has always been this way. Its just that in the past, they were quick...now they arent and the issues are glaring.

j_ste
j_ste

JordanMugen wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 07:54
j_ste wrote:
Venturiation wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 07:33
He is a much much better person than I am. I'd step out of the team and get a head start on my next job.
Wouldn't Hamilton be loyal to the team that delivered him 6 world titles and which "doesn't make mistakes" by Hamilton's own admission?
Hence why I said he is a much better person than I am...he is a professional and he will do his duty with that team. Obviously.

proteus

j_ste wrote:
JordanMugen wrote:
j_ste wrote:

Hence why I said he is a much better person than I am...
There is a piece of paper named contract that doesnt allow the driver to just run away, atleast not without serious financial consequences.
Last edited by proteus on 24 Mar 2024, 08:02, edited 1 time in total.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Jurgen von Diaz

j_ste wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 07:44
Luscion wrote:
So Lewis, Shovlin and Toto are all lying? Merc saying they planned on doing experiments a week before Australia and that they did extreme test with Lewis' car in fp2 is all just a big lie to, what, protect lewis?
Nobody is denying experiments. Lewis is leaving the team so why it's always and again Lewis that sacrifices to do experiments that costs speed of his? Lewis is doing these extreme experiments for himself, not for the team that has been said '22. Lewis should say fix you own --- car with Russell, he is not test driver here.
Why would he not experiment? He wants to win and the only way to do that is to find solutions and quickly.

He has always been this way. Its just that in the past, they were quick...now they arent and the issues are glaring.
Of course it's free choice but don't give me that bullshit end of the season that Hamilton lost because of experiments. Half of the season '22 Lewis said he is tired of experiments and George should do it more, well who is forcing him to do it? Lewis should be like Sainz, challenging team mate and not to be a number two or test driver.

Venturiation
Venturiation

:lol: :lol: :lol:

JordanMugen

Venturiation wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 08:03
What's so funny? Russell was pushing for a strong P7 result and lost the car, it happens. Every point will count in Mercedes' battle for between 3rd to 5th in the WCC.
Last edited by JordanMugen on 24 Mar 2024, 08:05, edited 1 time in total.

dialtone
dialtone

Venturiation wrote:
They built an SF-23. Alright in the first stint and quali, a bag of bricks everywhere else and slurps its tires.

Venturiation
Venturiation

JordanMugen wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 08:05
Venturiation wrote:
What's so funny? Russell was pushing for a strong P7 result and lost the car, it happens. Every point will count in Mercedes' battle for between 3rd to 5th in the WCC.
Strong P7 :lol: :lol: :lol:

So luch confidence that he loses the car 3 times in the last lap under pressure

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

I think its fair to say that Mercedes are in a crisis at the moment. They all look bewildered when Lewis retired, they looked distraught when Russell crashed...I would like to say its his fault, but not a single car had a moment there this weekend...the Mercedes is terrible and that's it. Russell and Lewis have been flattering this team for 2yrs now...Mercedes needs to have a rethink.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 14:25
^ They are just patiently waiting for something to go wrong on Russells end. And for them it erases anything Russell has accomplished. Just like all of 2022 + the race win was easily forgotten.
As I was saying ...

Russell is a British Max Verstappen. He's going to the limit all the time. Max crashed in mid cars , so does Russell. Peter Windsor says this about Russell too.

The car is worse than I thought this year. Turns out the zero pod concept wasn't the problem. They seem to have a slight geometry fault that they can't find.
Last edited by TeamKoolGreen on 24 Mar 2024, 08:24, edited 1 time in total.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

dialtone wrote:
Venturiation wrote:
They built an SF-23. Alright in the first stint and quali, a bag of bricks everywhere else and slurps its tires.
Worse.
The launch-spec SF23 had some strengths at least (straight line speed and quali pace), this thing has none.

xaero
xaero

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 08:14
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 14:25
^ They are just patiently waiting for something to go wrong on Russells end. And for them it erases anything Russell has accomplished. Just like all of 2022 + the race win was easily forgotten.
As I was saying ...

Russell is a British Max Verstappen. He's going to the limit all the time. Max crashed in mid cars , so does Russell.

Peter Windsor says this about Russell too.
Russel has accomplished nothing as of now compared to the teammate whom you enjoy bashing even on a single hint.. so swallow the false pride and watch him imploding race after race with his mistaken confidence in car..
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.