2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

KimiRai wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 14:53
I think Aston made a mistake by pitting Alonso too late. At minimum 1 lap too late because Piastri was quickly catching up behind and made Alonso lose time when he got overtaken, he lost about 2 seconds there. Last laps with Russell would have been easier if they had stopped a little earlier in my opinion.

DLR says they are trying to get out of 5th place, degradation improved and they understand the tyres better, only some tenths remaining. Upgrades could arrive at Suzuka but its not confirmed.
Late or not ,is just was something wrong! Alonso with new heavy set of tyre came out at front of Stroll and just was 0.1-0.2s faster than Stroll on used tyres.I thought Alonso saving tyres,but when i seen Russel how fast come,then i was sure he just slow as hell with light car also.I don't know if they had a new floor or they just repaired the damaged or used an old version,but yeah...

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

Alex_Z wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 15:27
Fair penalty. It's nice to see Alonso finally being punished for his dirty moves. Lying about throttle issues as a cover up just sums him up, poor sportsmanship as usual.
Not even close but sure mate, whatever makes your happy. Alonso when wheel to wheel racing on track is by far on of the overall cleanest drivers on the grid, will always race hard and take chances but will always leave space and be clean. Verstappen and Hamilton are not even close to Alonso's cleanness and I'm saying that by just watching F1 all of those years and not just by bias. Also this brake check thing today is quite of a joke, we've seen real brake checks in past and the penalties were kinda non existent so, it is what it is.

Alex_Z
Alex_Z

KimiRai wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 08:38
Mercedes trying to punish others off the track... nothing new under the sun. They better think about what they are doing if they want to stay on good terms with Fernando.
Fernando isn't an option for Mercedes so this is wishful thinking. There's Sainz who's objectively a better driver today, then there's Ocon who kept Alonso honest during their time as teammates. Albon too. All younger and fast. Alonso should retire because he's not getting a sniff at seats from the top 3 teams.
Last edited by Alex_Z on 24 Mar 2024, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.

Alex_Z
Alex_Z

ALO_Power wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 15:32
Alex_Z wrote:
Fair penalty. It's nice to see Alonso finally being punished for his dirty moves. Lying about throttle issues as a cover up just sums him up, poor sportsmanship as usual.
Not even close but sure mate, whatever makes your happy. Alonso when wheel to wheel racing on track is by far on of the overall cleanest drivers on the grid, will always race hard and take chances but will always leave space and be clean. Verstappen and Hamilton are not even close to Alonso's cleanness and I'm saying that by just watching F1 all of those years and not just by bias. Also this brake check thing today is quite of a joke, we've seen real brake checks in past and the penalties were kinda non existent so, it is what it is.
:D :D :D :D

KimiRai
KimiRai

Alex_Z wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 15:33
KimiRai wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 08:38
Mercedes trying to punish others off the track... nothing new under the sun. They better think about what they are doing if they want to stay on good terms with Fernando.
Fernando isn't an option for Mercedes so this is wishful thinking. There's Sainz who's a objectively a better driver today, then there's Ocon who kept Alonso honest during their time as teammates. Albon too. All younger and fast. Alonso should retire because he's not getting a sniff at seats from the top 3 teams.
I could write a very long post going through each of the dubious statements you've made but since you want Alonso to retire it's clear that I'm not going to change your mind. Good luck and have a nice day.

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

Alex_Z wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 15:36
ALO_Power wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 15:32
Alex_Z wrote:
:D :D :D :D
Sadly is correct mate. Look how many incidents and zero space Hamilton and Verstappen left to their opponents when they were really fighting for stuff, absolutely zero. They would even choose to cause a contact instead of backing off a bit and race properly. Truth is a hard pill to swallow. While on the other side Alonso would always prioritize to keep both cars on track in his battles.

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

Anyway, sorry guys, let's get back on topic instead of feeding the hopeless trolls that take their time to join the Aston thread just for that :mrgreen: .

As for race pace, you sure it was that bad? On first stint on Hards Alonso seemed to carry some good speed and also closed down Perez which was on worn Mediums but still.
I think it wasn't as bad as in Bahrain for example.
The VSC definitely helped but still.
Also was the throttle issue present for Alonso for the rest of the race too?

KimiRai
KimiRai

ALO_Power wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 15:58
Anyway, sorry guys, let's get back on topic instead of feeding the hopeless trolls that take their time to join the Aston thread just for that :mrgreen: .

As for race pace, you sure it was that bad? On first stint on Hards Alonso seemed to carry some good speed and also closed down Perez which was on worn Mediums but still.
I think it wasn't as bad as in Bahrain for example.
The VSC definitely helped but still.
Also was the throttle issue present for Alonso for the rest of the race too?
Some stats on the race pace

SICK AL SPEEDSHOP

Alex_Z wrote:
I agree with you 100%. First he is lying like a little kid then he comes up with another version because he would like to try a different angle in last lap and finally says "everyone would do the same"..? That is totally crazy and insane and he should be disqualified and banned for next race! I read on another page that somebody would ban him for 3 to 5 races for this dangerous kind of driving. George had only two options. He could crash into Alonso so both were out but at 280 kph he lost a lot of downforce into the highspeed corner and lost control and came back to the middle of the track where he could be hit with 250 kph! What if there were some other drivers behind George and would crash too? Would they disqualify Alonso then? You can see in the data that Alonso goes 100% off of throttle and hits the brakes with 100% of pressure at the same time for a few hundreds of a second to cause this situation and confuse the driver behind him. Over 20 years of experience but sometimes he acts worse than an amateur or playstation gamer. With this causing of a very dangerous situation he lost all my respect. So far I did not hear or read that he is sorry just that he had some worries because he know he is responsible for this reckless move. He blew his chance away to get a seat at MGP next year too finally. Am glad George is ok and noboby got hurt or killed which could easily happen with an 250 kph impact.

NAPI10
NAPI10

KimiRai wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 14:53
I think Aston made a mistake by pitting Alonso too late. At minimum 1 lap too late because Piastri was quickly catching up behind and made Alonso lose time when he got overtaken, he lost about 2 seconds there. Last laps with Russell would have been easier if they had stopped a little earlier in my opinion.

DLR says they are trying to get out of 5th place, degradation improved and they understand the tyres better, only some tenths remaining. Upgrades could arrive at Suzuka but its not confirmed.
AM is out of 5th,they are 4th fastest.Whatever said n done ;team finish ahead of Merc in 2nd race in a row.
Nothing to cheer abt for sure;lot of work needs to be done to catch Top 3 in race pace.

NAPI10
NAPI10

SICK AL SPEEDSHOP wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 16:59
Alex_Z wrote:
I agree with you 100%. First he is lying like a little kid then he comes up with another version because he would like to try a different angle in last lap and finally says "everyone would do the same"..? That is totally crazy and insane and he should be disqualified and banned for next race! I read on another page that somebody would ban him for 3 to 5 races for this dangerous kind of driving. George had only two options. He could crash into Alonso so both were out but at 280 kph he lost a lot of downforce into the highspeed corner and lost control and came back to the middle of the track where he could be hit with 250 kph! What if there were some other drivers behind George and would crash too? Would they disqualify Alonso then? You can see in the data that Alonso goes 100% off of throttle and hits the brakes with 100% of pressure at the same time for a few hundreds of a second to cause this situation and confuse the driver behind him. Over 20 years of experience but sometimes he acts worse than an amateur or playstation gamer. With this causing of a very dangerous situation he lost all my respect. So far I did not hear or read that he is sorry just that he had some worries because he know he is responsible for this reckless move. He blew his chance away to get a seat at MGP next year too finally. Am glad George is ok and noboby got hurt or killed which could easily happen with an 250 kph impact.
U must be waiting for last 15 months to write this post ; isn’t it 😂😂😂😂

SSJ4
SSJ4

what upgrades do we think are coming next. already had front break duct at Saudi and now front wing at Australia.

im assuming sidepods, sidepod inlet will be for imola?

xReVo
xReVo

SICK AL SPEEDSHOP wrote:
Alex_Z wrote:
Nelson Piquet, Nigel Mansell, Gilles Villeneuve, Michael Schumacher, Max Verstappen, Ayrton Senna, Fernando Alonso and I add Leclerc if he is fighting for victory. These are the drivers who don't give a damn if they have an inferior car, they always want to win and they invent anything on the track to keep their opponent behind. Alonso was a driver despite having that wickedness of the champion that he is, a driver who was nevertheless clean and respectful towards his opponent. He didn't crash today, he braked more than before to gain more traction in the straight as he did with Perez in the last corner of Brazil 2023 and as Leclerc did against Hamilton in the sprint also in Brazil to avoid letting him cross and take drs... As all those pilots did it (even harder than today) that I mentioned before. This is real F1. Would you have lost the respect you have for Alonso? Do you know how much he and us, his F1 fans, care? NOTHING😂😂😂

NAPI10
NAPI10

SSJ4 wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 17:15
what upgrades do we think are coming next. already had front break duct at Saudi and now front wing at Australia.

im assuming sidepods, sidepod inlet will be for imola?
Japan will be the worst race in terms of ‘Race Pace Difference’ for the team.If AM can try testing few solutions there ;it will help them to understand next steps.

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

NAPI10 wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 17:12
SICK AL SPEEDSHOP wrote:
Alex_Z wrote:
U must be waiting for last 15 months to write this post ; isn’t it 😂😂😂😂
No point to keep feeding such people, they're completely burned and look for the 1st opportunity to unfold such bs :mrgreen: . Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same person as above :lol: .
Also, if Russell didn't make a mistake himself, he wouldn't had crashed but he would be alongside Alonso and probably ahead of him. Alonso indeed compromised his entry speed, maybe in a bit to get a better exit in a place he may thought he would be more vulnerable or it could even just be a misjudgment since there were indeed issues with throttle etc.
Plus, in all onboards we can see that Russell was never close enough to touch Alonso's rear end, so I don't get my so much drama.
Also, you trolls should also learn to read the telemetry dials. Braking with 100% pressure :lol: ? The onboard telemetry dials don't show the brake pressure percentage like the throttle. They only show the on and off positions.