2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

I don't think either of Sainz or Alonso want to be teammates. Alonso is too close to Sainz Snr outside of the sport. It would be very difficult.

peewon

diffuser wrote:
11 Apr 2024, 22:12
peewon wrote:
11 Apr 2024, 22:03
If the RB offer was on the table, then I dont know why he wouldnt take it. It says he would only take it if Max left but honestly it would be the best chance to win a title even with Max there. And if not a title, then at least a few GP wins. AM is currently 2 pit stop windows behind RB which isnt even pushing. Who even knows anything about 2026. A guy like Lando can wait a few more regulation cycles to compete for a title and so makes less sense to go to a team consolidated around an all time great driver like Max. I personally have doubts whether that offer was truly there but if hes declined it then I dont agree with that decision at all for Alonso coz his best bet to win races would still be at RB.
You don't know cause you don't believe what he says. He said that "Loyalty was important to him, AMR gave him a chance 2 years ago without them, he'd be out".
No I was unaware of that quote. It just feels weird because hes spent so much time in the doldrums of F1, not having a winning car. Surely, if he told AM that he would only leave for RB, they would have understood. Doesnt have many years left. Cold have come back as a mentor. Guess if its his decision, then all the power to him. Would have been nice to se him win something.

peewon

Mark Hughes says he wasnt offered the RB seat. So who knows. But if thats true, then makes more sense. Im sure AM would have been putting him under time pressure and RB situation resolution is nowhere near.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

peewon wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 05:47

Mark Hughes says he wasnt offered the RB seat. So who knows. But if thats true, then makes more sense. Im sure AM would have been putting him under time pressure and RB situation resolution is nowhere near.
Marko said that Red Bull wouldn't be making any decision until after the summer, and reiterated this after the Audi pressure so I never believed the AMUS report earlier today that Alonso had a RB offer with deadline of next week.

GhostF1
GhostF1

abhi1200 wrote:
11 Apr 2024, 20:24
This means he can be a mentor of the team as he said it's the longest contract of his career beyond driver duties.👇many many year to come

https://i.ibb.co/SfX0Xgm/20240411-235116.jpg
This makes me think he's been offered several racing prospects outside of F1 down the track that Aston can accommodate if he wishes to leave the sport. The fact Aston is entering the Valkyrie into the Hypercar category from 2025 has me thinking...

Remain affiliated with Aston while also securing options for his future beyond F1.

zoroastar

peewon wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 05:41
diffuser wrote:
peewon wrote:
11 Apr 2024, 22:03
If the RB offer was on the table, then I dont know why he wouldnt take it. It says he would only take it if Max left but honestly it would be the best chance to win a title even with Max there. And if not a title, then at least a few GP wins. AM is currently 2 pit stop windows behind RB which isnt even pushing. Who even knows anything about 2026. A guy like Lando can wait a few more regulation cycles to compete for a title and so makes less sense to go to a team consolidated around an all time great driver like Max. I personally have doubts whether that offer was truly there but if hes declined it then I dont agree with that decision at all for Alonso coz his best bet to win races would still be at RB.
You don't know cause you don't believe what he says. He said that "Loyalty was important to him, AMR gave him a chance 2 years ago without them, he'd be out".
No I was unaware of that quote. It just feels weird because hes spent so much time in the doldrums of F1, not having a winning car. Surely, if he told AM that he would only leave for RB, they would have understood. Doesnt have many years left. Cold have come back as a mentor. Guess if its his decision, then all the power to him. Would have been nice to se him win something.
i have the feeling that alonso still remembers his experience with mclaren in 07 and doesnt want a repeat of that. the whole redbull team has been built around max. nobody wants to go there with his team in place, its a losing proposition for anybody. and can you imagine the hysterics of papa verstappen in a closely contested championship battle? weve heard the stories from when he was teammates with sainz. we also have no idea what kind of liberties max has in his contract either. i dont think alonso wants that kind of drama anymore, im sure mclaren left a bad taste in his mouth. but yeah, i would have loved to see him in that redbull.

Waz
Waz

diffuser wrote:
11 Apr 2024, 22:09
Cs98 wrote:
11 Apr 2024, 20:21
diffuser wrote:
11 Apr 2024, 19:57

After all the BS Sainz put up with to leave RBR racing. I wonder if he'd go back there now ?
Don't know, maybe if he took a two year deal. But if Perez keeps performing like he is there won't be that opportunity I don't think.
diffuser wrote:
11 Apr 2024, 19:56
Exactly, he signed with a top 3 team.
Nah. Count the teams. Heck, even when Merc is struggling like this they are still ahead in the WCC.
Come on, we have 2 points fewer that Merc and we're carrying a boat anchor.
Those 2 points behind are only because of that nonsense penalty too. Otherwise Alonso Martin would be ahead.

Jambier

Wow two years more what a dream!!! :)

Now I’m still hoping until the last day for a final career victory!

peewon

zoroastar wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 06:56
peewon wrote:
diffuser wrote:

i have the feeling that alonso still remembers his experience with mclaren in 07 and doesnt want a repeat of that. the whole redbull team has been built around max. nobody wants to go there with his team in place, its a losing proposition for anybody. and can you imagine the hysterics of papa verstappen in a closely contested championship battle? weve heard the stories from when he was teammates with sainz. we also have no idea what kind of liberties max has in his contract either. i dont think alonso wants that kind of drama anymore, im sure mclaren left a bad taste in his mouth. but yeah, i would have loved to see him in that redbull.
What you're saying about the situation at RB with Max is true. But if he actually did receive an offer and turned it down, then I don't agree with the decision. Unless he did it out of loyalty to AM, which is a personal decision based on emotion or value system so understandable and cant be argued with.

Someone like Norris turning it down coz of Max's (and his camp's) entrenchment at RB makes sense. Hes at a good team and many years to land a winning opportunity better than being a no.2 at RB. For Alonso, youre only realistically looking at 2-3 years.

For 2025, you go from 0% chance of winning a title to about 20-25% at RB with all the disadvantages there. You're also almost guaranteed to win at least one race if not multiple races. Id put at least one race win at above 80% probability at RB for Alonso. Who knows about 2026.

But alas, its done now.

BassVirolla

peewon wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 09:46
zoroastar wrote:
peewon wrote:

What you're saying about the situation at RB with Max is true. But if he actually did receive an offer and turned it down, then I don't agree with the decision. Unless he did it out of loyalty to AM, which is a personal decision based on emotion or value system so understandable and cant be argued with.

Someone like Norris turning it down coz of Max's (and his camp's) entrenchment at RB makes sense. Hes at a good team and many years to land a winning opportunity better than being a no.2 at RB. For Alonso, youre only realistically looking at 2-3 years.

For 2025, you go from 0% chance of winning a title to about 20-25% at RB with all the disadvantages there. You're also almost guaranteed to win at least one race if not multiple races. Id put at least one race win at above 80% probability at RB for Alonso. Who knows about 2026.

But alas, its done now.
Some time ago I read an article which said that Alonso didn't want to be sponsored by an energy drink, because it's an unhealthy product marketed towards young people.

I'd love to find it another time, but I've tried some times without success.

Nevertheless, it could be true or not. And also could make some sense, even if totally false.
Last edited by BassVirolla on 12 Apr 2024, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.

BassVirolla

BassVirolla wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 13:06
peewon wrote:
zoroastar wrote:

But alas, its done now.
Some time ago I read an article which said that Alonso didn't want to be sponsored by an energy drink, because it's an unhealthy product marketed towards young people.

Nevertheless, it could be true or not. And also could make some sense, even if totally false.
https://www.minutod.com/mas-deportes/20 ... 48227.html

And some serious spanish press backs the idea of Rubén González having worked with both Monster Energy and, some time later, with Alonso, with a bio isotonic drink.

This could amount to something with respect to Alonso & Red Bull.

https://elpais.com/economia/negocios/20 ... rgaro.html

max_speed
max_speed

zoroastar wrote:
peewon wrote:
diffuser wrote:

I just want aston to give him a car at max .3 second slower then you dnt need to see alonson in redbull. That guy if smells blood can go for kill. Battle between 2 teams is also more interesting than between team mates.

max_speed
max_speed

Jambier wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 09:15
Wow two years more what a dream!!! :)

Now I’m still hoping until the last day for a final career victory!
If he wins championship next year i guess he will walk away :)

alonsofan
alonsofan

I doubt Alo would give up an oppurtunity to get his hands on a championship winning car regardless whoever is the team mate. All this talk of him having an offer frm Red Bull and not accepting it bec of Max is pure garbage. Fact is Red Bull drivers are lions in Red Bull cars and sheepish everywhere else. Look at Vettel, Ricciardo et al. Alo would match Ver in equal machinery is my best guess. And Ver is protected by Red Bull everywhere, he has not faced the heat which Alo would hav brought had he joined Red Bull. Also, many of Ver driving antics have been ignored by the stewards. Looking at the recent Alo penalty, Ver has got a free pass for much more severe offences. With Alo in the team, it wouldn't be the same, since he will reply to Ver in the same currency. I still remember Alo driving straight into a corner to overtake Magnussen, since Magnussen was being Magnussen.
And with all the controversies they have outside of the F1 right now, the last thing they would want is Alo teaming up with Max. That would literally mean FIRE everywhere and the team will certainly collapse.

Redragon

BassVirolla wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 13:06
peewon wrote:
zoroastar wrote:

But alas, its done now.

Also is embassador of a natural energy drink