2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PinkFloydPulse

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
12 May 2024, 03:01
xReVo wrote:
11 May 2024, 19:49

it is the only team in the top 5 to have black holes and find yourself fighting against Alpine, Williams, RB etc. So this is absolutely not good.
Alonso renewed his contract with the team. This is a validation of the team's direction.
Let’s be realistic here for a moment… What other viable option did he have other than AM?
Team Fernando!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
12 May 2024, 03:24
AR3-GP wrote:
xReVo wrote:

it is the only team in the top 5 to have black holes and find yourself fighting against Alpine, Williams, RB etc. So this is absolutely not good.
Alonso renewed his contract with the team. This is a validation of the team's direction.
Let’s be realistic here for a moment… What other viable option did he have other than AM?
To retire.
A lion must kill its prey.

makecry
makecry

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
xReVo wrote:

He is in his 40s. He could literally just retire as a legend at the top of his game OR find a top spot at a top WEC team and win races there. He is a certified top driver in endurance racing as well, just to jog memories.

Him signing one last contract has to mean something imo.

diffuser

xReVo wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
11 May 2024, 17:29
xReVo wrote:
11 May 2024, 14:45

Aston Martin has engineers who in my opinion are even better than McLaren's and will have their own sole engine supplier, so on paper they are superior to McLaren. The ownership of the team itself is also superior, so I don't see why you still think that McLaren is as unattainable as Ferrari. The infrastructure it currently has is of the highest level like the Mercedes wind tunnel, so enough with these things too.
I don't think we have a disagreement.

Even if the people are the same or better than Mclaren, Aston Martin is handicapped. Aston Martin still does not have their own Wind Tunnel. It will not be ready until later this year. Aston will not have their own engine, gearbox, and rear suspension until 2026. The work in the background is good. The reward will take time. The current results are somewhat irrelevant. Not amazing, but not bad either. The only teams ahead of them are those without the limitations that AMR has.
Everything is ok, except that it is the only team in the top 5 to have black holes and find yourself fighting against Alpine, Williams, RB etc. So this is absolutely not good.
They're the only team in the top 5 who's offices are 66% under construction 🚧 site.
Last edited by diffuser on 12 May 2024, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.

peewon

makecry wrote:
12 May 2024, 04:23
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

He is in his 40s. He could literally just retire as a legend at the top of his game OR find a top spot at a top WEC team and win races there. He is a certified top driver in endurance racing as well, just to jog memories.

Him signing one last contract has to mean something imo.
I mean he's rolling the dice because another MAJOR rule change is around the corner and he knows at least that Stroll is making a push with investments. No RB offer. No Ferrari or Mclaren seat available. Wolff hates him and would have only wanted him as a stop gap option for one year. Mercedes are not that much ahead of AM anyway.

AM was his only realistic option. And also, it not like Alonso's track record at predicting team success is anything to write home about. So if the sole basis for optimism for AM is that Alonso re-signed, then thats shaky grounds. I would take more confidence from the fact that Stroll is putting so much money into the team. But blind spending is no guarantee of success. Are they picking the right people to utilize those resources? Time will tell but Im not convinced yet based on everything Ive seen from them.

PinkFloydPulse

AR3-GP wrote:
12 May 2024, 03:41
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

To retire.
Why should he retire if he is still hungry and has a desire to drive? Stop hating…
Team Fernando!

zoroastar

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
12 May 2024, 10:27
AR3-GP wrote:
PinkFloydPulse wrote:

To retire.
Why should he retire if he is still hungry and has a desire to drive? Stop hating…
not sure that he was hating. just pointing out a realistic option for alonso at his age haha. it has to be a strain for any driver with 24 (and growing) races on the calendar.

i dont know if i agree that he wouldnt have had any options besides aston though. but taking a chance and waiting for redbull to make up their minds would have been a problem for aston and alonso if they were forced to get another driver while he stalled. what was he going to do? tell lawrence to " hold off, ill join aston if redbull doesnt want me" thats not how it works.
f1 fans can be so void of nuance sometimes. if alonso chooses aston, he had no other options... if aston has a bad race, hes finally showing his age or he sucks at qualifying. or they are just doomed to fighting in the midfield forever.

diffuser

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
PinkFloydPulse wrote:

To retire.
AR3 is alot of things but an Alonso hater he is not.

He had a 1+1 offer at Merc; it wouldn't be a home like AMR is. Tough to beat, at his age, what AMR is offering. They're basically offering "Legend" status in the team for eternity(or atleast as long as Stroll has controlling interest).

xReVo
xReVo

diffuser wrote:
12 May 2024, 18:54
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

To retire.
AR3 is alot of things but an Alonso hater he is not.

He had a 1+1 offer at Merc; it wouldn't be a home like AMR is. Tough to beat, at his age, what AMR is offering. They're basically offering "Legend" status in the team for eternity(or atleast as long as Stroll has controlling interest).
Nobody knows what Offer he had, some say he probably had even 2 years from Redbull and from Alonso's statements in my opinion it could also be true. For me , he accepted Aston Martin for that it did for him, for how he treated him and for the roles they gave him later.

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

I highly doubt he had any meaningful offer from Redbull. I am quite confident he would drive for them for free, it is his absolute best chance at another championship. At his age, there is no chance he would pick a long term bet with Aston over this.

makecry
makecry

Eh. I dont see the point of this discussion.

danypons8

I think Aston Martin do a job for try to have a faster car.
They upgrade the rear wing and now we have a car with a better DRS, lower aerodynamic resistance, but they have worse car in race conditions than last year.
One key of a major upgrade for the car is to changue the rear suspension, teams like McLaren, Ferrari, had a different and owner suspension.

Keypoints for upgrade Aston Martin:

-Owner suspension
-Floor

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

is there any way we can make changes to rear suspension or those details are with Mercedes? is Mercedes going to change Rear suspension as they also suffering from it. Thanks.

collindsilva
collindsilva

Seems as per some rumors, there should be some upgrades on the rear suspension for the Imola...
Lets wait for the official announcement...

KimiRai
KimiRai

Correlation is good according to McCullough, so far new parts have brought what they expected. Also denies that issues come from the rear suspension.

https://formu1a.uno/it/aston-martin-e-c ... -mercedes/