2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Bill
Bill

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

the worst part was putting yuki on soft on a track that put a lot of energy on tires.these team never learn same with ferrari.yuki had albon covered for the race until they ruined for him.

Bill
Bill

ispano6 wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 16:53
Team blew the chance for Yuki to undercut Nico, Stroll and Alonso. Strategist should have saw that, I saw that .
they were busy prioritising there lead driver who was outside the points

Wouter

ispano6 wrote:
Team blew the chance for Yuki to undercut Nico, Stroll and Alonso. Strategist should have saw that, I saw that .
It is the same thing over and over again. The strategist is sooooo bad! Why doesn't Mekies see that?! #-o Fire him!!
Yuki drove a great race, was constantly quicker than Ricciardo. Well deserved point! Could have been more.

The Power of Dreams!

runningmanz
runningmanz

Well done Yuki to grab that last point after Russell's retirement, He was quicker than Daniel this weekend who never really looked comfortable in the car after a good 3 race run before this weekend. Whatever the team did to get his car turned around as Egginton said didn't really help him much either. The car though overall has regressed a bit and isn't really a top 10 car at the moment. Hopefully they can figure it out for the next race.

Team report

07 July 2024
Drivers and Team’s quotes after the race

Yuki Tsunoda #22
Race – Pos. 10th

“It was a good but tough race. Based on the pace we had in Free Practice we knew it would be difficult to score points in dry conditions, so I think the wet conditions helped us keep the gap to the cars in front small. Normally, in previous races I haven’t appreciated the rain, but I think it helped us today. It’s one point and we take it. Now we look ahead and move forward, and I’m excited about using what we’ve learnt over the last couple of weekends for the coming races before the break. Hungary has a mix of high and low speed, so hopefully we can use our strengths and fight in the top ten.”

Daniel Ricciardo #3
Race – Pos. 13th

“It was a mixed conditions race which was exciting; ultimately grabbing some opportunities, but unfortunately, we were not competitive. It was one of those days where we struggled more than we should have, so we’ll try to get into it and figure out why. In the last three weekends, I think we have lost out a little bit on the latest upgrades battle compared to some of our competitors in the midfield, so we’ve got some work to do looking at the next races. It’s good now to have a week off for all of us to reset and come back to Budapest which is a completely different circuit.”

Jody Egginton (Technical Director)

“The weather has certainly played its part today, but overall, I feel we made the right calls at the right time, which certainly contributed to getting a car into the points. Yuki drove a strong race today, making a couple of passes on the opening laps and having enough pace to keep himself in touch with those in front. On Daniel’s side of the garage, race day was not so straightforward. An issue was identified with his car before the race and resulted in a significant amount of work to get his car turned around for the race. In terms of overall performance, the midfield remains very tight, and the focus remains on delivering aero updates to the car to move the package forward and give ourselves the best possible chance of scoring points.”

Laurent Mekies (Team Principal)

“This weekend has been a great advert for Formula One and has demonstrated that while the sport is enjoying fantastic growth in new markets, the classic venues like Silverstone still have so much to offer. The huge crowd clearly enjoyed it and they should be congratulated on not letting the bad weather dampen their enthusiasm. From our side, it’s clear that the fast nature of this circuit has not suited our car particularly well and we are not where we want to be, namely dominating the mid-field as we did earlier in the season. However, we are coming home from this triple header with another well-deserved point for Yuki and the team, executing strongly in difficult changing conditions. Daniel was trailing the same tight mid-field group and finished outside of the point despite putting up a good fight. This race is only the midpoint of the season, the 12th of 24 rounds and we have seen how quickly the hierarchy can change from race to race, from the front of the grid to the back. It is more than ever a development race, and everyone in Faenza and in Bicester is flat out looking for a much-needed further step of performance for our car.”

https://www.visacashapprb.com/en/2024-british-gp-race/

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

With 3 out of 5 sessions affected by rain, it was never going to be a great weekend for Daniel.

djos

ispano6 wrote:
I dont understand why the team didn’t put Yuki and Dan on the Medium tires for the last stint - Yuki could have bagged 2 points and Dan may have made up at least a couple of positions.

Btw, Dan seemed to have issues through the entire race as his times were quite inconsistent, one lap he'd be closing on those in-front, the next he'd start falling back. Apparently the team found a PU issue after qually and swapped in a different unit overnight (I dont know how old it was).
Last edited by djos on 08 Jul 2024, 07:32, edited 2 times in total.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

Wouter wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 18:08
ispano6 wrote:
It is the same thing over and over again. The strategist is sooooo bad! Why doesn't Mekies see that?! #-o Fire him!!
Yuki drove a great race, was constantly quicker than Ricciardo. Well deserved point! Could have been more.

https://imgur.com/XXWokvQ.jpg
That was frustrating!

Im impressed Yuki held off Alex for as long as he did, but I was shouting at the screen when I saw them put Soft tires on! They should have put medium tires on - Yuki would have bagged at least 2 points, and Daniel may have been able to get an extra position or two.
"In downforce we trust"

Bill
Bill

djos wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 15:10
Bill wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 14:26
As a driver you are expected to adapt unless you plan to write your own set of tech regulation.a very strong frontend won't work with ground effect car.it worked in the past because redbull had a high rake car.
Except, all the reports agree that the GE RBR cars have all had a strong front end, and Daniel was fast in the RB19 at last year's Silverstone test.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/red-b ... /10437300/
Instead, he says the team has long had a history of producing cars with a strong front end, and it’s something he has simply learned to deal with.

“I don't think it has necessarily suited my driving style,” he said. “As a driver, you need to adapt to what you get, and that's also what I did when I joined Red Bull.

“The car was always like that, to be honest. It had a good front end, and I've never experienced a fast car with understeer in my life, in any category.
the real question is can daniel handle a car with loose rear end that what that article says.while the current redbull has a strong frontend it has a loose rear and thats why perez is struggling.the past v carb cars have been difficult to drive thats why results have been inconsistent.the way i read it is that riccardo needs a quick car in other to cover up some of his shortcoming.

toraabe
toraabe

Bill wrote:
toraabe wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 19:19
Bill wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 19:08

Daniel for the redbull seat ? not so fast he need to overcome that 0.6 tenth elephant in the pitlane.yuki jop real is to screw his teammate since redbull won't promote him or can't let him go to sauber.
Daniel has proved that he can cope with the rb quirks. He and Max wants that biting front end and a loose rear. You will be surprised when he gets in the car. He will be fast right away.
As a driver you are expected to adapt unless you plan to write your own set of tech regulation.a very strong frontend won't work with ground effect car.it worked in the past because redbull had a high rake car.
He tested last year car at silverstone and was almost as fast as verstappen.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Horner downplays Liam's test and dismisses him jumping straight into the RBR.

"Lawson has been tipped as a contender for the seat should Perez be replaced, but Horner has dismissed the possibility of the Kiwi immediately taking the seat - although he wants to see more from Perez.

"I'm actually doing a lap at Silverstone in the RB8 on Thursday as well, so you never know," Horner told media including RacingNews365.

"In all seriousness, the Liam test is aero run has been planned for a couple of months now, but of course, Checo is under pressure, that's normal in Formula 1."

https://racingnews365.com/horner-dismis ... s-on-perez

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

runningmanz wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 01:35

"Lawson has been tipped as a contender for the seat should Perez be replaced, but Horner has dismissed the possibility of the Kiwi immediately taking the seat - although he wants to see more from Perez.

"I'm actually doing a lap at Silverstone in the RB8 on Thursday as well, so you never know," Horner told media including RacingNews365.

"In all seriousness, the Liam test is aero run has been planned for a couple of months now, but of course, Checo is under pressure, that's normal in Formula 1."

The article is misleading. Horner is never quoted saying that Liam will not be able to jump straight into the Red Bull.

What Horner is quoted saying is that Liam's filming day drive is not a reaction to Perez's form, but rather something that was planned long ago.

There is actually no question or answer at all from Horner which suggest that Lawson cannot replace Perez later in the season. There is just one very misleading line from the article author with no attributable quotes from Horner to back it up. RN365 news website really declined when Dieter Rencken stopped writing for it. It just became a clickbait site like the others.

djos

AR3-GP wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 01:42
runningmanz wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 01:35

The article is misleading. Horner is never quoted saying that Liam will not be able to jump straight into the Red Bull.

What Horner is quoted saying is that Liam's filming day drive is not a reaction to Perez's form, but rather something that was planned long ago.

There is actually no question or answer at all from Horner which suggest that Lawson cannot replace Perez later in the season. There is just one very misleading line from the article author with no attributable quotes from Horner to back it up. RN365 news website really declined when Dieter Rencken stopped writing for it. It just became a clickbait site like the others.
I think the article doesn’t include the full context of the interview. I would say the following section does strongly suggest he was asked if Liam was a contender and bats it away by asking if he was also a contender just because he’s driving an RB8.

"In all seriousness, the Liam test is aero run has been planned for a couple of months now, but of course, Checo is under pressure, that's that's normal in Formula 1.
Tbh, I think the journos are just digging for anything to write a story on - there’s no way in hell RBR are going to repeat the mistake they made with Alex, and throw a junior driver in alongside Max before he’s ready.
"In downforce we trust"

Bill
Bill

toraabe wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 15:27
Bill wrote:
toraabe wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 19:19

Daniel has proved that he can cope with the rb quirks. He and Max wants that biting front end and a loose rear. You will be surprised when he gets in the car. He will be fast right away.
yes we should believe anything redbull tell us.no one ever saw the results of those test.

djos

Bill wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 02:54
toraabe wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 15:27
Bill wrote:

yes we should believe anything redbull tell us.no one ever saw the results of those test.
Do you ever have anything positive to say? Every post of yours contains nothing but sour grapes, half baked conspiracy theories, and negativity towards Daniel!

How about acknowledging the positive influence that Daniel has had on both Yuki and the team? They have certainly made it clear that Daniel’s contributions have been significant and positive.

F1T is a forum that values facts, if you want to post wild claims, why not join the autosport forums?
"In downforce we trust"

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

djos wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 02:11
I think the article doesn’t include the full context of the interview. I would say the following section does strongly suggest he was asked if Liam was a contender and bats it away by asking if he was also a contender just because he’s driving an RB8.

"In all seriousness, the Liam test is aero run has been planned for a couple of months now, but of course, Checo is under pressure, that's that's normal in Formula 1.
Tbh, I think the journos are just digging for anything to write a story on - there’s no way in hell RBR are going to repeat the mistake they made with Alex, and throw a junior driver in alongside Max before he’s ready.
I agree but it's Horner's version of a "non-answer", not a "No, never".

At this point I believe Red Bull is considering all of it's drivers (Lawson, Tsunoda, Ricciardo) for the 2nd RBR seat. A decision hasn't been made. Perez has not technically triggered the performance clause yet.