2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
RacePaceDemon

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

deadhead wrote:
12 Jul 2024, 17:16
https://lastwordonsports.com/motorsport ... -upgrades/

Thoughts ?

jambuka wrote:
11 Jul 2024, 19:27
Seems like a technical failure. They chose this 24 concept because they felt it can be developed a lot. Now they are again changing their concert in the last year of regulations ?
Proving that having a fast car out of the box doesn’t mean much.
I don't trust that author at all. He runs @formularacers_ on Twitter and for the most part he just regurgitates information already put out by reputable sources. I think he makes things up and any article with original information usually has other more well known authors while he just piggy backs off their work.
"Insert pseudo-intellectual quote so people on the car threads take me seriously ;)"

jambuka
jambuka

deadhead wrote:
12 Jul 2024, 17:13
codetower wrote:
11 Jul 2024, 17:28
deadhead wrote:
11 Jul 2024, 16:05
If some of this is true it’s sounding like the SF24 doesn’t allow for much in terms of in season development so they are once again going with a different concept for 2025 instead of building on what they currently have:

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... /10633770/
For me, the curiosity of all those "Lewis' car" rumors is that if true, Ferrari again will be basically telling Charles he has to adapt to a Machine that is not all to HIS liking... basically for someone (Lewis) who will come in for a couple of years maximum.

Another piece in that article is that Ferrari will revert back to the NEW spec in Hungary, but then Back to the OLD spec at Spa. Are they still building spare parts for both specs? Seems costly.
LEC is extremely loyal to Ferrari but I think there are finally some doubts looming around that unconditional loyalty.
He must be thinking what if I was in that McLaren🤣

JPower
JPower

deadhead wrote:
codetower wrote:
deadhead wrote:
11 Jul 2024, 16:05
If some of this is true it’s sounding like the SF24 doesn’t allow for much in terms of in season development so they are once again going with a different concept for 2025 instead of building on what they currently have:

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... /10633770/
For me, the curiosity of all those "Lewis' car" rumors is that if true, Ferrari again will be basically telling Charles he has to adapt to a Machine that is not all to HIS liking... basically for someone (Lewis) who will come in for a couple of years maximum.

Another piece in that article is that Ferrari will revert back to the NEW spec in Hungary, but then Back to the OLD spec at Spa. Are they still building spare parts for both specs? Seems costly.
LEC is extremely loyal to Ferrari but I think there are finally some doubts looming around that unconditional loyalty.
I can find a post exactly like this in the 2020 thread. :lol:

Every year its "Leclerc needs to leave, Leclerc must be thinking about leaving, if x stays at Ferrari, Leclerc will leave, if the car does x, Leclerc will leave" and yet...just about the only constant at this team over the past 6 seasons is Charles.

FDD
FDD

deadhead wrote:
12 Jul 2024, 17:16
https://lastwordonsports.com/motorsport ... -upgrades/

Thoughts ?

jambuka wrote:
11 Jul 2024, 19:27
Seems like a technical failure. They chose this 24 concept because they felt it can be developed a lot. Now they are again changing their concert in the last year of regulations ?
Proving that having a fast car out of the box doesn’t mean much.
One thing is for sure, no quick fix.
I hope that they found the problem and if they are right I think that they need 1 - 2 months for solution development.
If they are wrong in the part of the problem identifying then they need plus cycle of problem identifying and solution development.
I do not expect nothing before summer brake, only damage limitation.
We'll see...

deadhead

jambuka wrote:
12 Jul 2024, 19:23
deadhead wrote:
codetower wrote:

He must be thinking what if I was in that McLaren🤣
It does seem like VER, NOR, and RUS (soon enough) have the competitive machinery to consistently race at the top. Meanwhile, he's stuck battling for positions around 5th to 7th with a fussy teammate, and with HAM joining the mix, his chances of breaking into the top tier fight among his peers appear rather slim at the moment. In my opinion his antics in Austria point to a certain amount of frustration.

In his fifth year at Ferrari, apart from the first 5-6 races of 2022, he hasn't had a car that truly allows him to showcase his talent.

ScuderiaLeo

deadhead wrote:
13 Jul 2024, 01:15
It does seem like VER, NOR, and RUS (soon enough) have the competitive machinery to consistently race at the top. Meanwhile, he's stuck battling for positions around 5th to 7th with a fussy teammate, and with HAM joining the mix, his chances of breaking into the top tier fight among his peers appear rather slim at the moment. In my opinion his antics in Austria point to a certain amount of frustration.

In his fifth year at Ferrari, apart from the first 5-6 races of 2022, he hasn't had a car that truly allows him to showcase his talent.
I think the car would have to get really bad for him to leave. Yes, right now is bad, but it's no worse than some of the other cars he's driven. And 2026 will be anybody's game.

He loves this team more than any other driver loves any other team. He has a strong personal connection to it through Bianchi. I doubt he'd consider leaving over something like the car being bad for a year.

Also, there's nowhere else for him to go, unless we get some weird shuffle of Verstappen to Mercedes and him to Red Bull.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

So newey was driving niki Lauda's Ferrari f1, so there is still hope :mrgreen:

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

codetower wrote:
11 Jul 2024, 18:30
I"m not a car developer so I wont pretend to know how these things are done, but all I hear is how car development can follow a certain drivers "style". Didn't Carlos's camp say that this car will be more suited towards his driving style? And didn't Mercedes move the cockpit forward a little to suit Lewis style? I would imagine if Verstappen prefers a stiffer rear suspension that RB would develop with a goal more towards a stiffer rear. Again, not trying to argue, just trying to understand what all the talk about "building a car to suit Lewis" means.

Regarding the updates, I agree that they need/should keep the new upgrades, I was wondering why they would go back to the old spec at a track where the data for the new spec would absolutely help them fixing the issues. Is it just lack of time to try anything out on that track? If they aren't developing for the old spec anymore, then I say keep pushing with the new one. I doubt they'll end up higher than P6 with the old spec at Spa, so I would keep testing/developing the new spec.
Teams will of course accommodate drivers when they think it's possible to(ie when it doesn't compromise the overall design ambitions), but that's about it. Teams do not design a car around a driver, because the differences between driver preferences are so small on the grand scheme of things, and no team is good enough to truly nail down a car's entire performance characteristics down to such small details with any kind of great reliability 6, 8, 10 months or whatever before the car is even a real physical thing, let alone something they can test on a track.

If designers and tools were that good, then we'd never have bad F1 cars. lol

If Sainz says something like the new car being more suited to his driving style, that's probably after giving it a go in the simulator, and just discovering the car is better for him rather than anything the team went out of their way to build-in for him specifically. And that's just the simulator. Obviously that's not at all infallible, given Ferrari's current issues which do not seem to be showing up in any simulator.

Something like Verstappen preferring a stiffer rear suspension would generally be something you address within the scope of the setup change window. But that's not really a great example anyways, cuz drivers have performance characteristics preferences, but there's often many ways to skin a cat. Drivers dont really care what the hardware is doing, they just know they want the car as a whole to perform a certain way. And an engineer isn't gonna design an ultra stiff rear suspension if they feel it's ultimately going to harm the car's overall performance level. They will find some other way to give the performance characteristics he's after.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

seeing in social media that Rory Byrne contract with Ferrari as consultant has been extended

IntrinsicVoid
IntrinsicVoid

Fakepivot wrote:
13 Jul 2024, 18:23
seeing in social media that Rory Byrne contract with Ferrari as consultant has been extended
This could mean that AN thing won’t happen but we could only speculate until September.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
13 Jul 2024, 02:40
deadhead wrote:

I think the car would have to get really bad for him to leave. Yes, right now is bad, but it's no worse than some of the other cars he's driven. And 2026 will be anybody's game.

He loves this team more than any other driver loves any other team. He has a strong personal connection to it through Bianchi. I doubt he'd consider leaving over something like the car being bad for a year.

Also, there's nowhere else for him to go, unless we get some weird shuffle of Verstappen to Mercedes and him to Red Bull.
The car isn't even the main reason for his constant frustration. It's the rudderless strategy. Its actually even worse when the car is fast because they start throwing away wins , poles and podiums that should have been their own.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

ScuderiaLeo wrote:

Potentially Red Bull and definitely Mercedes have seats available....

MattLightBlue
MattLightBlue

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
14 Jul 2024, 00:55
ScuderiaLeo wrote:
deadhead wrote:

The car isn't even the main reason for his constant frustration. It's the rudderless strategy. Its actually even worse when the car is fast because they start throwing away wins , poles and podiums that should have been their own.
He is a great driver, maybe the only one on Verstappen level looking at pure pace, but he is victim of his own hunger to win. When the car is not performing he always searches for the limit and that, see the last races, often brings him to bad results.

yooogurt

I'm surprised no one has posted this interesting news:
"a new technical director will be officially appointed after the summer break. He is in "gardening", not announced by a rival team. This is a man that Vasser relies on a lot."
It turns out Elliott is not suitable, for he is announced by Mercedes. Its Fallows? I dont like this swap of Cardile for him.
Any thoughts on who it could be?
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/video ... /10634243/
FORZA FERRARI!

Xyz22
Xyz22

yooogurt wrote:
14 Jul 2024, 15:15
I'm surprised no one has posted this interesting news:
"a new technical director will be officially appointed after the summer break. He is in "gardening", not announced by a rival team. This is a man that Vasser relies on a lot."
It turns out Elliott is not suitable, for he is announced by Mercedes. Its Fallows? I dont like this swap of Cardile for him.
Any thoughts on who it could be?
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/video ... /10634243/
Cardile didn't replace Fallows at Aston Martin, according to official statements by AM.