2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FNTC
FNTC

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

https://dubz.co/c/1872cc :lol: And then he went outside and answered all the journalists in full there.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

My opinion. Ver doesn't need this spectacle/distraction.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 21 Sep 2024, 17:47, edited 2 times in total.
A lion must kill its prey.

chrisc90

AR3-GP wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 17:45
IMHO - he knows exactly what he's doing. It wont bother him in the slightest.

Max has been trolling the media for years - and I cant see it stopping.

venkyhere
venkyhere

FittingMechanics wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 16:21
Great job by Max. This could end up being crucial.
Indeed. Didn't expect it. I guess they did something to give him more front end bite. If the rear slides, he is one of the few people who can 'contain' a swinging rear (just ask sainz)

pantherxxx wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 16:25
Red Bull improved a lot compared to last year in this track. It's very promising in terms of development, maybe in tracks like Austin or Mexico they can even get pole and win.
Mate, you are looking too far ahead. Nothing is conclusive just from a stupefying lap from Max. One of the best I've seen from him. The car is nowhere compared to the McLaren.

chrisc90 wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 16:34
P2 is as good as pole for this car on this track.

Going to be a interesting run down to Turn 1 tomorrow.
The cameras panned to ZakBrown's face for a few seconds and was focussed on Norris' face after the post quali track interviews : both of them didn't look really happy even after a spectacular pole like this. Norris was forcing a smile throughout the post pole rituals. I guess they are stunned that Max is front row for tomorrow, that's the last thing they wanted.

I still expect Norris to win, no matter whether he holds on to P1 in the first lap. It doesn't matter, the McLaren has so much pace and tyre life advantage over Redbull that he will win easily. But the long faces in McLaren (I wont believe anyone if they say it's because Piastri is P5. No, it's because their 'main villain' is starting front row).

Sergej
Sergej

AR3-GP wrote:
We do. Good to see him thrashing all this FIA bs, someone has to call them out and I like it's him. I am sure this won't distract him from the track, he knows perfectly how to focus on what matters.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 17:31
Verstappen to Erik van Haren:

"
I don't want to say the car was perfect, but it was certainly better to drive. It's been a long time since I felt so good in the car. And on this circuit too. That gives us hope for the upcoming races."
Hope. I dare not think it. :lol:

Juzh

I still believe tomorrow Norris will run and hide, and even if Max jumps him off the line mclaren has so much pace it'll be difficult to protect against an undercut or even on track.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Juzh wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 18:52
I still believe tomorrow Norris will run and hide, and even if Max jumps him off the line mclaren has so much pace it'll be difficult to protect against an undercut or even on track.
You can't undercut on this track if you can't pit into clear air. See last year's race. Ferraris entire strat was to prevent field spread so no one could undercut them.

This is where Perez would have been useful but now his only job is to pit for fastest lap at the end.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 21 Sep 2024, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.

Sergej
Sergej

Juzh wrote:
it would a massive hit to the title if Max could win tomorrow, but actually he doesn't need it, a P2 would be perfect and a very very big damage limitation considering the context and what we expected coming into Singapore

Lando needs to outscore Max by 8.4 points every race, if Max comes P2 he will fail again to achieve that.

chrisc90

AR3-GP wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 18:56
Juzh wrote:
You can't undercut on this track if you can't pit into clear air. See last year's race. Ferraris entire strat was to prevent field spread so no one could undercut them.

This is where Perez would have been useful but now his only job is to pit for fastest lap at the end.
Theres always Russell to give us that hope.

Agree though, once there is a nice spot to pit, then it needs to be done where can come out in plenty of free air to assist the undercut. That'll be key to winning the race tomorrow if Lando is leading, a successful undercut

Macklaren
Macklaren

chrisc90 wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 17:46

Max has been trolling the media for years - and I cant see it stopping.
He's trolling the FIA, not the media this time. But I'm glad he's doing it... the rule is dumb

Wouter

AR3-GP wrote:

Best press conference in such a long time! =D> =D> =D> I really understand his point, the punishment is such a joke!
Lando was laughing the whole time. Lewis and lando agreed the punishment was a joke.

The Power of Dreams!

venkyhere
venkyhere

That last question is very relevant :
"what happens if the behaviour in this press conf triggers another penalty/community-service"

IMHO Verstappen needs to grow up. Why is 'trolling' so important to him, is he still a teenager ? There are other ways to show displeasure at the FIA.

chrisc90

venkyhere wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 20:23
"what happens if the behaviour in this press conf triggers another penalty/community-service"

IMHO Verstappen needs to grow up. Why is 'trolling' so important to him, is he still a teenager ? There are other ways to show displeasure at the FIA.
Are/were your thoughts about Max the same as Lewis in 2021?

Lewis' nose piercing that attracted a lot of attention, then goes and gets a second one in his nose.

Wouter

chrisc90 wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 20:25
venkyhere wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 20:23

Are/were your thoughts about Max the same as Lewis in 2021?

Lewis' nose piercing that attracted a lot of attention, then goes and gets a second one in his nose.
Exactly @chris! And Lewis and Lando agreed with what Max was doing. Lando laughed the whole PC.

It is absurd when Max was talking how bad the RB20 was in Baku and said the car was f*cked up they gave him a community service !! #-o #-o #-o They treated him like a child who did a terrible thing!!
Realy NO ONE in the paddock agreed to this punishment, no one!!
The Power of Dreams!