2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bluechris

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Honestly i loved him doing this, there is a moment that everyone must understand that the drivers are the No1 in this and not the politics or the money.

venkyhere
venkyhere

@chrisc90 @Wouter

I agree in principle with what Max is saying, swear words do not entail a disproportionate punishment. He rightly said "some people swear more than others, it's not abusing anyone, it's just a way to describe a situation". All fine.

My point was specifically about the non-cooperative behaviour in the post-Quali press conference. He has made his point, everyone is with him and all agree the FIA acted like jokers. Job done.
Why "continue trolling" ? what if another of his days is consumed by FIA ? because driver press-conference is part of FoM's contract with FIA is it not ? Why attract needless legal eagles ?

This is pointless waste of mind-space.

Sergej
Sergej

just my opinion: sometimes you have to get your hands dirty to call out an injustice

TNTHead

I am not into using these words since I think it doesn't help civilisation further but there is hypocisy in punishing Max for saying this.

https://x.com/SamuraiTX90/status/183749 ... 8JEAQ&s=19

Wouter

Lewis Hamilton tells Max Verstappen to ignore FIA penalty after silent treatment

Lewis Hamilton has slammed the FIA’s decision to punish Max Verstappen for swearing as a “joke” after the Red Bull
driver kept his answers short and sweet following Singapore Grand Prix qualifying.

And he has advised his F1 2021 title rival to refuse to serve his punishment, claiming “I certainly wouldn’t be doing it.”
https://www.planetf1.com/news/lewis-ham ... -treatment

The Power of Dreams!

the66
the66

venkyhere wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 20:38
@chrisc90 @Wouter

I agree in principle with what Max is saying, swear words do not entail a disproportionate punishment. He rightly said "some people swear more than others, it's not abusing anyone, it's just a way to describe a situation". All fine.

My point was specifically about the non-cooperative behaviour in the post-Quali press conference. He has made his point, everyone is with him and all agree the FIA acted like jokers. Job done.
Why "continue trolling" ? what if another of his days is consumed by FIA ? because driver press-conference is part of FoM's contract with FIA is it not ? Why attract needless legal eagles ?

This is pointless waste of mind-space.
Because he's exposing the absolute absurdity of the situation - in what other sport has this been a problem? (rhetoric!). In his way, he's exposing a ridiculous sanction on sportsmen, fair play to him, the PC bullsh1t needs to stop. They have the tech to delay and filter, do it.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Wouter wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 19:19
AR3-GP wrote:
21 Sep 2024, 17:45
My opinion. Ver doesn't need this spectacle/distraction.

Best press conference in such a long time! =D> =D> =D> I really understand his point, the punishment is such a joke!
Lando was laughing the whole time. Lewis and lando agreed the punishment was a joke.
I don't agree with the punishment, but I think the focus in the press conference should have been on the battle ahead. On Max's brilliance dragging this car up to P2 on the grid and piling the mental pressure onto Lando Norris ahead of tomorrow's battle.

Break the opponent before the match. Sun Tzu's art of war: https://classics.mit.edu/Tzu/artwar.html (lol).

A lion must kill its prey.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Christian Horner hints at George for 2026

https://x.com/F1/status/183759918085831 ... g6NxA&s=19