2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Luscion
Luscion

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Wynters
Wynters

I think the problem with the idea that those particular posters are GR fans becomes clear if you compare their posts with fans of Bottas when he was at Mercedes. Very few (if any) of those posts were along the lines of. "I'm a long time Hamilton fan but he's literally the worst driver in the sport and should be put out to pasture before he embarrasses himself any more. He's pathetic, only ever won a grand prix because the rest of the grid let him win and he's also the worst. Oh, and I guess Bottas exists or something."

As an aside, comparing the pace of both Mercedes cars on the Hards is an interesting errand. I'm just guessing, but perhaps one of them had to overtake some cars? But it's interesting that 'George fans' apparently expect their driver to be slower in clean air than the washed up pensioner is in dirty. Otherwise, it wouldn't be worthy of comment.

Wynters
Wynters

So he did have to overtake cars?

Honestly, you are just proving my point. :lol:
Last edited by Wynters on 22 Sep 2024, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.

chrisc90

Luscion wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 19:45
I could see why Russell and Lewis didnt do press today, this is George after getting out of his car. i assume same as today as it has been the case for last few gps that their seats were very hot due to the car scraping the ground

Ive seen a 50k fine for touching 1 car before. Thats a 100k there :lol:

KimiRai
KimiRai

DRS wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 20:48
Wynters wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 20:45
Two, it must take an effort of epic proportions to pass two backmarkers when you've just put on new rubber.
Account created a week ago and your entire feed is bashing Lewis and calling him a fool while praising Max and Russel, despite describing yourself as a "big Lewis fan". Troll

Luscion
Luscion

KimiRai wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 20:50
DRS wrote:
Wynters wrote:
Two, it must take an effort of epic proportions to pass two backmarkers when you've just put on new rubber.
Account created a week ago and your entire feed is bashing Lewis and calling him a fool while praising Max and Russel, despite describing yourself as a "big Lewis fan". Troll
I'm not getting into the Lewis v George stuff but its very obvious the people who jump in here to just hate on a driver, their contributions to this thread are being negative to one driver and nothing else
Last edited by Luscion on 22 Sep 2024, 20:54, edited 1 time in total.

Luscion
Luscion

chrisc90 wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 20:46
Luscion wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 19:45
I could see why Russell and Lewis didnt do press today, this is George after getting out of his car. i assume same as today as it has been the case for last few gps that their seats were very hot due to the car scraping the ground

Ive seen a 50k fine for touching 1 car before. Thats a 100k there :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Wynters
Wynters

DRS wrote:
Wynters wrote:
So you do think that Russell is so bad that Hamilton should be faster than him while overtaking cars on a streetcircuit than in clear air? That's a bold take, Cotton.

Also, I can't be bothered scrolling back through the main feed but the race highlights suggest that the gap on lap 30 was only 4.6 seconds, not the 5.5 you so authoritativly claim. Are you just making up numbers or was Hamilton a second faster than Russell, on already dying old Hards?

Wynters
Wynters

Luscion wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 20:52
KimiRai wrote:
DRS wrote:

I'm not getting into the Lewis v George stuff but its very obvious the people who jump in here to just hate on a driver, their contributions to this thread are being negative to one driver and nothing else
I'm always curious about the motivation. It's clear Russell has the chops to be a WDC and Hamilton being relatively strong competition is only good for Russel as beating him actually means something (see Verstappen for the downside of only beating paperweights). So it can't be that they are Russell fans. So, are they Verstappen fans still burning years after the FIA had to rig the WDC so their man could win? Do they hate 'upstarts' from a relatively poor background (there ismoften a ven overlap in their views about Ocon)? Or is there something they might dislike thats unique to Hamilton amongst all the other drivers? It's curious.

DRS
DRS

Wynters wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 20:57
DRS wrote:
Wynters wrote:
So you do think that Russell is so bad that Hamilton should be faster than him while overtaking cars on a streetcircuit than in clear air? That's a bold take, Cotton.

Also, I can't be bothered scrolling back through the main feed but the race highlights suggest that the gap on lap 30 was only 4.6 seconds, not the 5.5 you so authoritativly claim. Are you just making up numbers or was Hamilton a second faster than Russell, on already dying old Hards?
My numbers are just fine, Hamilton had a two second gap to Russell when he boxed, when Russell boxed he came out 3.5 secs ahead of Hamilton, so he lost 5.5 secs to the overcut.

Wynters
Wynters

DRS wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 21:09
My numbers are just fine, Hamilton had a two second gap to Russell when he boxed, when Russell boxed he came out 3.5 secs ahead of Hamilton, so he lost 5.5 secs to the overcut.
Happy to take your word for it. It's an irrelevant aside to the point at hand. I actually expect cars having to overtake (and make tyre life last longer) to be slower. An outlandish position, I realise.

Luscion
Luscion

Wynters wrote:
Luscion wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 20:52
KimiRai wrote:

I'm always curious about the motivation. It's clear Russell has the chops to be a WDC and Hamilton being relatively strong competition is only good for Russel as beating him actually means something (see Verstappen for the downside of only beating paperweights). So it can't be that they are Russell fans. So, are they Verstappen fans still burning years after the FIA had to rig the WDC so their man could win? Do they hate 'upstarts' from a relatively poor background (there ismoften a ven overlap in their views about Ocon)? Or is there something they might dislike thats unique to Hamilton amongst all the other drivers? It's curious.
I'm talking about the hate Russell gets too btw, But yea its obvious who just jump in here to hate and criticize

Wynters
Wynters

DRS wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 21:11
Ah, the old race card, well played sir. 👍
I was referring to Hamilton's statistical performance as head-and-shoulders the most successful F1 driver of all time. Why bring someone's race into this, something entirely irrelevant to their skills as a driver and their likability? It's an odd call...

Wynters
Wynters

Luscion wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 21:20
I'm talking about the hate Russell gets too btw, But yea its obvious who just jump in here to hate and criticize
Agreed, and equally illogical when it is directed at George who has more than won his spurs, frankly. It is a genuine shame as there is a great deal of interesting stuff from looking at both of them extracting competitve yet different performances from the same platform. And it gets completely lost and actively discouraged under the deluge of rubbish.

IntrinsicVoid
IntrinsicVoid

DRS wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 21:24
Luscion wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 21:20
Wynters wrote:
Rosberg gets hate because he is the strongest challenge Hamilton has faced since Alonso.
Here, I fixed it for you. Thank me later.