2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mwillems

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

Emag wrote:
26 Oct 2024, 01:04
mwillems wrote:
26 Oct 2024, 01:00
Emag wrote:
26 Oct 2024, 00:58
https://i.imgur.com/ybZe5yw.png

Probably useless to share, because I don't even know if tire compounds are comparable.
Still, they are super slow on the straights at the moment. This is with Leclerc, deficit is even bigger to Carlos. Are they running completely different downforce levels or is this all engine mode?
The % on throttle shows that we were clearly not pushing earlier today.

That said, your chart looks like the normal top.speed gap to Ferrari.
Main straight was almost 10kmh difference to Carlos and about half of that to Leclerc. Still, they're losing under acceleration everywhere. Ferrari should be faster, but not 10kmh faster.
Yeah, last week they were about 8kph faster if I recall. Actually it was 5kph, but if they are on throttle more it makes sense.

No doubt settings, fuel, engine, deployment will affect it all, bit it's not far from what we normally see

Still, it isn't that representative. Ferrari look handy, still.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Darth-Piekus

So too early to say who's better here. Mclaren tends to find a lot overnight not to mention hiding pace in Friday all the time.

Regarding the appeal has there been an official result?

BMMR61

Pirelli should not get these disruptive tyre tests within a GP weekend. Is it really necessary? A separate test day on the Monday would be far more useful in these days of limited testing. What a ridiculous day 1 this was, 5 rookies in FP1 (5 regular drivers lost the most meaningful Friday session) then an FP2 which was more than just compromised, it was ruined. Whatever Max's problems were, his compromised running was negated by the compromises of the session. That guy never cops anything but good luck and favourable decisions - this in spite of my belief that you make your own luck!

BMMR61

Darth-Piekus wrote:
26 Oct 2024, 01:33
So too early to say who's better here. Mclaren tends to find a lot overnight not to mention hiding pace in Friday all the time.

Regarding the appeal has there been an official result?
Calm down chap. Nobody thinks for a moment that the appeal will even be allowed ("no NEW evidence presented") and no clear report from the FIA. Ignore the whole saga, it will change nothing. Max continuing to charge his competitors completely off the track is irrelevant to these officials. Inconsistency? They will never allow the hint of incompetence in their officialdom.

Darth-Piekus

Yeah ok no worries. I never expected them to admit their mistakes and correct them. The FIA that usually favors a team or a driver never does that. In any case I can't wait to see what more can they find tomorrow in terms of pace. All I am hoping from now on is Norris and Oscar to race Max just as hard and especially Oscar. Let him feel scared of a possible points loss. On the other hand though better not overfocus on Max. We need to keep outscoring Ferrari as they are also on the game.

Considering Mexico has a huge straight wouldn't it be better if we start 2nd and use the slipstream?

continuum16

BMMR61 wrote:
26 Oct 2024, 01:41
Pirelli should not get these disruptive tyre tests within a GP weekend. Is it really necessary? A separate test day on the Monday would be far more useful in these days of limited testing. What a ridiculous day 1 this was, 5 rookies in FP1 (5 regular drivers lost the most meaningful Friday session) then an FP2 which was more than just compromised, it was ruined. Whatever Max's problems were, his compromised running was negated by the compromises of the session. That guy never cops anything but good luck and favourable decisions - this in spite of my belief that you make your own luck!
Perhaps if the geniuses at FOM didn’t schedule a triple header the teams could afford to stay extra days.

Also, I’m not sure that Max/RB missing out on 2025 Pirelli data is a plus for them in the long run.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

Dunlay
Dunlay

continuum16 wrote:
26 Oct 2024, 03:14
BMMR61 wrote:
26 Oct 2024, 01:41
Perhaps if the geniuses at FOM didn’t schedule a triple header the teams could afford to stay extra days.

Also, I’m not sure that Max/RB missing out on 2025 Pirelli data is a plus for them in the long run.
Why do Pirelli need testing? I don't understand. They would come up with a substandard product anyway. :lol:

Watto
Watto

Rejected

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Watto wrote:
26 Oct 2024, 04:13
Rejected
Not surprised.

BMMR61

I'm OK about them making a decision which doesn't favour my team but...... where's the detail? When is there going to be an acknowledgement that at least an adjustment in the rules/guidelines. Something is clearly needed to "clean up" confusion, and to stipulate that barging an opponent off track is a more punishable crime than gaining an advantage while being barged off the track???