2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CjC
CjC

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

genarro wrote:
27 Oct 2024, 15:05
CjC wrote:
27 Oct 2024, 14:56
New floor only a tiny improvement

https://www.racefans.net/2024/10/27/mcl ... nt-norris/
In a battle so tight every small bit counts. Lets hope for a good result today
I don’t know what to think at the moment, every little helps yes but the quotes don’t add up to me, especially as this new floor has been talked about since the summer break if I remember right.
There is supposedly another upgrade to come to Brazil- good but if it’s another ‘tiny’ step then they’ll still be behind Ferrari there too.
Just a fan's point of view

Emag
Emag

With how things have been going, I am fully mentally prepared for them to lose the WCC to Ferrari. Can't be disappointed if that happens this way :lol:

CjC
CjC

Emag wrote:
27 Oct 2024, 16:18
With how things have been going, I am fully mentally prepared for them to lose the WCC to Ferrari. Can't be disappointed if that happens this way :lol:
I’m feeling the same.
Then again I remind myself about where they was 18 months ago and think that Mclaren have no right to be leading the WCC :lol:
Just a fan's point of view

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Emag wrote:
27 Oct 2024, 16:18
It will be disappointing if it happens but this was an amazing season regardless.

I just hope the team doesn't fall off next year. If that happens then mistakes of this year will hurt.

McLarenMor
McLarenMor

We are at the point where the drivers make the difference, not the cars, as they are so close.
From what it seems at the moment, when it comes to race craft, both our guys are lacking, each one in his own way.
If it's Lando's starts and defending this season, and in general the wheel to wheel racing, or Oscar with inconsistent performances.
Let's hope we are in the mix next season as we are on this one, and our guys take the needed step to fight the others at the top in terms of race craft.

Darth-Piekus

Whatever happens I believe it will still be a successful year as we are challenging for the championship one year earlier than the target which was 2025. We are still having a 48 points advantage for the WCC and all we have to do is perform better and bring more upgrades in order to secure it. Lando and Oscar sure need work but it's their first time fighting on the front. They never had cars that were 1 second clear of the competition. Perhaps they might never be of a championship material. Who knows. If they manage to get a car that is leagues better than the rest they will still have the chance to get the championship. After all let's not forget that Max built that difference at the start when he had a car that was 4 tenths faster than Ferrari and 8 tenths faster than Mclaren according to the Bahrain times and he had it till Miami. Even then Mclaren didn't become faster than Red Bull till when they reached Hungary. Even then we might have talked differently today if the stewards were as punishing to Max as they were with other drivers. Especially the antics in Austria deserved a race ban.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Piastri can still salvage this. Norris did it last year and this year in Baku. Car can be on fire at times but at a minimum, Lando needs to finish P4 to at least limit potential damage by Ferrari. Max should be an after thought. If it opens up sure but make sure to finish.

Darth-Piekus

Would it be too much if I said that I feel so pessimistic for the championship. We have to get it this year just to prove that a customer team has the ability to get it over factory teams and to reset the counter from 1998. Not sure if we are gonna have another chance next year considering we tend to start weak after every winter. If we can't get the WCC this time perhaps we might need to try and secure a works deal.

Xero

Lando's launches off the line have been good recently, so opportunities are there. If Carlos leads lap 1 I think he'll sail away. But, I'm preparing myself for a turn 1 incident, just got one of those gut feelings!

Darth-Piekus

I am hoping that for once the start will come our way and Lando manages to get first after turn 1 while Max and Sainz have an incident. Just for once this year we need all the luck with us.