2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CjC
CjC

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

Better than I thought people.
Landos race pace was very good- way better than I thought.
Piastri needs to quit with the quali mistakes.

Verstappen is something else. He’s probably cost McLaren the chance to fight for the win 2 times in 7 days now. I feel the stewards took action today but maybe more needs to be done. Why should Norris need to ‘stay in the race’ when in wheel to wheel combat with Max?
Just a fan's point of view

McL-H
McL-H

Lando drove outstanding today. Very unlucky with Max driving him off and ruining his race. Luckily, Max finally got some proper punishment this time around and Norris managed to keep fighting and take P2 off Ferrari and reduce the damage a bit.

Oscar has been off these last GP’s. Today was again not good enough from him. He should had been there to finish in front of Max. 20 seconds is a lot! I am a fan and I really see a lot of potential in him, but he needs to live up to that these final races because we really need it now or this championship will slip through our fingers.

Would be nice if both drivers can maximise qualifying these next weekends so we don’t have to deal with this kamikaze driver anymore.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Piastri should have finished ahead of Max today.

Darth-Piekus

Max has to be black flagged at one point cause that is the only way he will learn not to be dirty. When he sees Lando reducing the gap by 25 points from a black flag then he might rethink his driving.

Some years back you would get a grid penalty with these kind of drivings.

mclaren111

Well Done Lando !!!!!!!!!!

Darth-Piekus

We are still first by 29 points. Lando reduced the difference to 47 points. There are 4 races still to go. We need all the upgrades to the next race to gain the upper hand, we need Oscar and to be as far in front and away from Max. We are still in that championship and we might still have a shot at the double.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

I am feeling a lot better about WCC after this race. This would probably be a McLaren victory (by undercut or overcut) if Verstappen didn't throw a tantrum. This means that the car still has pace (like it did in Austin second stint). It is just important that Piastri is there to pick up P5 or so.

For Norris and WDC, this will be hard but with Max being so stubborn who knows, he may knock himself out. But Red Bull having 4th fastest car in second stint means Verstappen could lose his lead very quickly.

Watto
Watto

Fantastic race by Lando.

Venturiation
Venturiation

Brazil turn 1 is dangerous

CjC
CjC

Another upgrade scheduled for next week as well guys.
Hopefully Oscar will get the full package- don’t forget he’s still on the full pre-Austin package.

Watto
Watto

FittingMechanics wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 00:05
I am feeling a lot better about WCC after this race. This would probably be a McLaren victory (by undercut or overcut) if Verstappen didn't throw a tantrum. This means that the car still has pace (like it did in Austin second stint). It is just important that Piastri is there to pick up P5 or so.

For Norris and WDC, this will be hard but with Max being so stubborn who knows, he may knock himself out. But Red Bull having 4th fastest car in second stint means Verstappen could lose his lead very quickly.
Its going to take a lot. I don't think Max will take himself out. But Lando first followed by 2 Ferraris and Oscar.

The downside is i guess Ferrari taking some wins is very viable which hurts him.But its not impossible

CjC
CjC

Venturiation wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 00:09
Sorry to sound like a wimp but every corner is dangerous when Verstappen is within 10 metres of you

Emag
Emag

Venturiation wrote:
If they lock out the front row and tell Oscar to sit in P2, it isn't.

Ferrari still struggles a bit with quali pace, so it's not super unreasonable. Oscar needs to finally have a good race though. Ever since his win in Baku he has been super underwhelming.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

Venturiation wrote:
That's why we need Oscar up there to play rear gunner. Max will think twice about a collision with Oscar since it would potentially allow Lando to more than half the points gap.
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

Darth-Piekus

Some things to take off the race. As Lando shown we had the car to beat Ferraris today without that dirty obstacle on our way. Costed us a victory. Still both drivers recovered quickly. There are more upgrades coming to the next race in Brazil which should help our car even more (I'm hoping on that). Both drivers will have the upgrades this time. Oscar should perform better in the next race as he won't be that bad forever. Let's not forget the Oscar that got more points in Europe than the rest. Surely he hasn't forgotten how to drive from one race to the next.

And now something that bothers me. 47 points but how much more closer wouldn't Norris be in Max got a race ban for is antics in Austria and a black flag here also for the same? Cause to me 10 seconds from Austria and 20 seconds here are too lenient and Max won't learn or evolve into a better driver if he doesn't feel serious consequences. Even the great Michael Schumacher has been nullified in 1997 for dirty tricks and he had grid positions everytime he played like this and from that he evolved into a better person.