2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

With the rumours around Oscar and Red Bull, I hope Zak is talking to Carlos!! Reunite the dream team!!!
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

PapayaFan481 wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 00:13
Venturiation wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 00:09
Brazil turn 1 is dangerous
That's why we need Oscar up there to play rear gunner. Max will think twice about a collision with Oscar since it would potentially allow Lando to more than half the points gap.
Not sure if Max thinks that way, all he'll see is a car between him and his nearest championship rival.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

Surprise, surprise, Horner defending Max and claiming his golden boy did nothing wrong 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

taperoo2k wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 00:17
PapayaFan481 wrote:
Venturiation wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 00:09
Brazil turn 1 is dangerous
That's why we need Oscar up there to play rear gunner. Max will think twice about a collision with Oscar since it would potentially allow Lando to more than half the points gap.
Not sure if Max thinks that way, all he'll see is a car between him and his nearest championship rival.
In which case Max fans can stop calling him the GOAT and stop saying his race craft has improved.

Macklaren
Macklaren

I'm not concerned about Ferrari for constructors.... Almost all their wins this season have been lucky. We are faster than them.
Def need Oscar up there though. I'm not going to say anything about Max because he doesn't deserve my attention

Darth-Piekus

I am really hoping that the new upgrade will be a good combo with the new floor and the combination will give us a good chunk of time. We need to gain 3 tenths at least to gain the upper hand. As I said by the way last week Max is a great talent but with racecraft like that he can't be anywhere near the greats. We heard excuses last week and now what? How can someone even excuse Max's driving today? Even Martin Brundle who defended him a lot in the past is frustrated.

On another note can someone tell me how are each team with power units? Aren't Ferrari and Red Bull out of power units?

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

CjC wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 00:10
Another upgrade scheduled for next week as well guys.
Hopefully Oscar will get the full package- don’t forget he’s still on the full pre-Austin package.
Oscar's lack of speed was not due to a lack of upgrades in the car, but his own mistakes. Don't put your own mistakes on your own head. He still has a lot to learn. He has potential, but he still lacks stability.

Lando had a great race. What a drive and race pace! And karma for Max. This time the stewards had balls and managed to give Max an adequate penalty.

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

PapayaFan481 wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 00:20
taperoo2k wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 00:17
PapayaFan481 wrote:

In which case Max fans can stop calling him the GOAT and stop saying his race craft has improved.
Lando is facing the same kind of problem as Lewis had in 2021. Put Max under any sort of pressure and he gets overly aggressive. I mean it's paid off before, as he rarely gets penalised. I hope today is the stewards drawing a line in the sand with Max. I can appreciate Max's talents, but I fear he will cause an accident before too long.

McLaren have done fairly well; I think Oscar has had a dip in form. Hopefully he'll get back on it next week.
The team needs all the points it can get with Ferrari chasing them down.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

PapayaFan481 wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 00:15
With the rumours around Oscar and Red Bull, I hope Zak is talking to Carlos!! Reunite the dream team!!!
Earlier this year, I talked about this. Bringing back Carlando. If that's what Oscar suddenly decides to do under Webber's entreaties, Zak might as well poach a proven fighter. :)

Emag
Emag

Oscar is super inconsistent and it baffles me how most of the pundits rate him so highly calling him a future world champion. What Lando was doing in his second year in F1 was far more impressive considering the car he had under him. And on his third season, Lando humiliated one of the most highly rated drivers of the grid back then.

Even beyond that, you look at Lewis, Max, Vettel and Alonso, the most recent world champions, they were far more impressive earlier on their career.

Oscar needs to step it up, otherwise if I was McLaren I would start looking for replacements if he stays like this next year too.
Last edited by Emag on 28 Oct 2024, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.

SilviuAgo

Darth-Piekus wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 00:23
I am really hoping that the new upgrade will be a good combo with the new floor and the combination will give us a good chunk of time. We need to gain 3 tenths at least to gain the upper hand. As I said by the way last week Max is a great talent but with racecraft like that he can't be anywhere near the greats. We heard excuses last week and now what? How can someone even excuse Max's driving today? Even Martin Brundle who defended him a lot in the past is frustrated.

On another note can someone tell me how are each team with power units? Aren't Ferrari and Red Bull out of power units?
Here you go:

https://www.f1-fansite.com/2024-f1-seas ... gearboxes/

Seerix
Seerix

Proud of Norris, racing VER for WDC is likely the most difficult thing which can happen to you in F1. Well done.
Osc on the other hand should not be finishing behind HAAS, that's for sure.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Darth-Piekus wrote:

Max is fast and stable, but can't defend cleanly. He's dirty. Can this kind of driving be called phenomenal in his performance? No. It's pathetic.

In terms of powertrain life, Mercedes customers should have no problems. Even before the start of the weekend, Mercedes customers had only used four exhaust systems, whereas the others had seven or eight, if I'm not mistaken. Honda's customers are definitely the ones with the most powertrain overruns right now. And maybe some of the Ferrari cars. I can't remember exactly. Last year, if I'm not mistaken, Lando managed to run the whole season on one less power unit because one fresh motor failed.

Xero

Darth-Piekus wrote:
Everyone has used up their pool allocation for all major components. Both Red Bulls and Lewis were forced to take a fifth ICE, with lewis also taking a fifth MGU-H, MGU-K & Turbo Charger. To say who has the fresher components heading into the final 4 races is impossible to tell.

Emag
Emag

Lando the fastest on the second stint, but not by a ton.
First stint was horrible again, but him getting on the grass and on the dirty off-track too might have hurt his tires beyond repair.