2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Xyz22
Xyz22

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

The key to winning this WDC is Piastri. He needs to wake up and sabotage Verstappen race. It's the only way

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

It is still open. If Max ends up slower then McLaren, Mercedes and Ferrari than all bets are off. P7 only gets you 6 points. And we have sprints.

Bad thing is that he is still able to qualify well.

Right now I would just focus on WCC and think of WDC if it opens up.

CjC
CjC

Emag wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 00:42
https://i.imgur.com/voOdcIq.png
https://i.imgur.com/aHG3keU.png

Lando the fastest on the second stint, but not by a ton.
First stint was horrible again, but him getting on the grass and on the dirty off-track too might have hurt his tires beyond repair.
Being behind Max wouldnt have helped either. End of stint pace on both stints caught my eye in particular
Just a fan's point of view

bananapeel23

Macklaren wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 00:20
I'm not concerned about Ferrari for constructors.... Almost all their wins this season have been lucky. We are faster than them.
Def need Oscar up there though. I'm not going to say anything about Max because he doesn't deserve my attention
????

Ferrari dominated COTA and Monaco. Sainz was comfortably fastest in Mexico. Monza was arguably about 50/50 because Leclerc was amazing on his tyres and might've won even if McLaren went for a 1-stopper.

Ferrari has usually been the fastest when they have won. The only real exception is Australia.

CjC
CjC

Ferrari being ‘lucky’ isn’t quite right.
It’s Verstappen screwing Lando these last 2 races which has given Ferrari an easier win.
Just a fan's point of view

Darth-Piekus

Well Ferrari wasnt lucky but I dont see how Lando would have lost these two races from clean air if Max wasnt there to destroy his races. Things would definately have goten differently.

bananapeel23

Darth-Piekus wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 01:13
Well Ferrari wasnt lucky but I dont see how Lando would have lost these two races from clean air if Max wasnt there to destroy his races. Things would definately have goten differently.
These comments add nothing of value to any discussion. All you do is complain about Max. Maybe go to reddit or scream into a pillow if all you want to do is rant.

Also Norris almost certainly wouldn't have won either race. Ferrari were just plain faster in COTA, and significantly faster in stint 1 in Mexico. We also have no clue how much pace Sainz had left in the tank, he was cruising to the win.

Balalu
Balalu

Please just ignore the troll. Too much of them here lately.
"I showed him [with my hands] and said: I have bigger balls!” - Mika Hakkinen

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Emag wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 00:42
https://i.imgur.com/voOdcIq.png
https://i.imgur.com/aHG3keU.png

Lando the fastest on the second stint, but not by a ton.
First stint was horrible again, but him getting on the grass and on the dirty off-track too might have hurt his tires beyond repair.
Actually, Lando's first stint was riding behind Max in dirty air.

Darth-Piekus

bananapeel23 wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 01:30
Darth-Piekus wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 01:13
These comments add nothing of value to any discussion. All you do is complain about Max. Maybe go to reddit or scream into a pillow if all you want to do is rant.

Also Norris almost certainly wouldn't have won either race. Ferrari were just plain faster in COTA, and significantly faster in stint 1 in Mexico. We also have no clue how much pace Sainz had left in the tank, he was cruising to the win.
I think he would have had a better chance in clean air instead of having to battle Mad Max on dirty air. Ferrari should definately give a gift card to Max.

McL-H
McL-H

Darth-Piekus wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 00:23
As I said by the way last week Max is a great talent but with racecraft like that he can't be anywhere near the greats.
Michael Schumacher
Ayrton Senna
Alain Prost

They drove with this same mentality against their championship rivals. I’d argue it’s the mentality that makes champions. I love Max for it and at the same time I hate him for it when it’s costing my dear team. I wished he drove for us.

Macklaren
Macklaren

bananapeel23 wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 00:53
Macklaren wrote:
I'm not concerned about Ferrari for constructors.... Almost all their wins this season have been lucky. We are faster than them.
Def need Oscar up there though. I'm not going to say anything about Max because he doesn't deserve my attention
????

Ferrari dominated COTA and Monaco. Sainz was comfortably fastest in Mexico. Monza was arguably about 50/50 because Leclerc was amazing on his tyres and might've won even if McLaren went for a 1-stopper.

Ferrari has usually been the fastest when they have won. The only real exception is Australia.
Ummm. At monza LEC won with an insane strategy gamble after he was gifted the lead by the battling McLarens, COTA they were gifted the lead by Max, in Mexico, if Lando didn't have Max the Seagull dive-bombing him, he would have been on Carlos's rear wing within a couple laps. Monaco was somewhat dominant but you can't pass there anyway

Macklaren
Macklaren

McL-H wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 02:25
Darth-Piekus wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 00:23
As I said by the way last week Max is a great talent but with racecraft like that he can't be anywhere near the greats.
Michael Schumacher
Ayrton Senna
Alain Prost

They drove with this same mentality against their championship rivals. I’d argue it’s the mentality that makes champions. I love Max for it and at the same time I hate him for it when it’s costing my dear team. I wished he drove for us.
I don't think either Senna or Prost have a legacy as being dirty racers apart from the one infamous mutual incident between them

bananapeel23

Macklaren wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 02:26
bananapeel23 wrote:
28 Oct 2024, 00:53
Macklaren wrote:
????

Ummm. At monza LEC won with an insane strategy gamble after he was gifted the lead by the battling McLarens, COTA they were gifted the lead by Max, in Mexico, if Lando didn't have Max the Seagull dive-bombing him, he would have been on Carlos's rear wing within a couple laps. Monaco was somewhat dominant but you can't pass there anyway
In Monza the poor tyre deg of the McLarens was masked by them pitting. Piastri was already falling off a cliff and was being lined up for an overtake by Leclerc when he came into the pits. They were degging off hard and would have really struggled to win on a one-stop.

I don't necessarily think Leclerc would have won it by a large margin, or even necessarily won. He did however have the pure pace to win if both one-stopped and I'm very confident he would have at least gotten into DRS range of Norris by the end of the race.

Ferrari was lucky in the sense that McLaren made the race very easy for them. Leclerc would likely have been in with a chance of P1 either way.

Darth-Piekus

I have seen Senna racing and he was never doing divebombs sending others off track. How could he considering you could get killed back then on a simple accident. The man stopped mid race to save another mans life.