Barr should just shut up

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Steven
Owner

Barr should just shut up

sorry for the Barrichello fans here, but I really dislike the guy since a couple of years. I found him a good driver at Stewart Racing, but then, as he says himself... at Ferrari he started to use his brains. Well he should not because I don't think there is much to use honoustly.

For instance his crazy reactions when he wins a race or something.. can't he be a little normal? It's like he jumps up and down as if he drunk 5l of beer.

But what bothers me is the Villeneuve comment he did today. what the hell should he comment on that? Even then, arrogantly adding Jacques is a good driver. Of course he is, at least he races with all his heart, what cannot be said of him.
I think people underestimate what Jacques has made through at BAR since Richards changed all the things there. If you start to feel you are not wanted anymore, and people inside your team stop supporting you, dislike you because of the team's principal influence (and your car keeps breaking down while your teammate's doesn't), I think I would have trouble myself to keep think positively and go for it. Remarquably, he was able to do that I think, and he said what he thought to the press, sometimes idd with bitterness, but I can understand that.

Furthermore, the critics of his behaviour against Button... I would not mind a new teammate myself, but if I'm first driver, and then I get a teammate from whom your team screams he is a new champion... that is intimidation. Please don't forget both drivers solved the matter and had mutual respect, even with Jacques being in such a difficult position :?

Well, I can only hope he'll be back!

Beostar
Beostar

Tomba you are clearly a Villeneuve fan :)
"The track is mine you may have it when I'm done"
"First law of computer programming : The user is a complete idiot"
"Don't confuse luck with skill."

Irvingthien
Irvingthien

I don't like Barrichello either. It is not his priority to criticised other drivers on a press conference especially the purpose of the conference is about his contract extension.
But Villeneuve in his recent season has bean overpaid and under work.He even has a higher salary than Kimi.Well, BAR is also wrong of not producing a car than can let JV display his talents.

West
West

Re: Barr should just shut up

Tomba wrote: For instance his crazy reactions when he wins a race or something.. can't he be a little normal? It's like he jumps up and down as if he drunk 5l of beer.
Haha like when he won Silverstone 2003? What the hell is he crying about

Personally, I think if I saw JV in an F1 car, it would probably be a testing role w/ Williams.

Scuderia_Russ

He's an emotional bloke,so what.He's wanted to win races for Ferrari since he was a small child and when his dream becomes a reality he sheds a tear or two.Fair play to him i say,i'd like to see him on the top step more often,and believe from what i've seen/read of him he is a genuinely nice bloke.Alot of people knock JV too,most of which i believe to be unfounded,but wether he broke down or not,Button still outshone him last year.JV will not get a testing role at Williams unless he stops asking for telephone number salaries!!!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Hey Guys,

Give Barrichello a break he is afterall team mate to MS in identical equipment. He has taken the fight to MS on many occaisions, maybe not consistently, but he has certainly kept him honest. I think he has every right to be emotional, anyone who can beat MS deserves to be, particularly when running the same equipment as it is one to one.

Besides he has certainly shown a new maturity over the last couple of years and raised his game! Yes he is an emotional person but he is still an important cog in the Ferrari machine, especially as his contract has been extended.

Cheers

NickT

rodders
rodders

Well being 2 IC to M.S. has to be tough.. AND I always wonder in R.B. gets the same equipment ? certainly in the many pit stops the only one of two drivers to suffer problems has been R.B. ??

Just makes me wonder if they bring R.B. in first to test the equipment so they can fix it before M.S. arrives !!!!!

GO RUBENS in Melbourne and hell if he wins LET him jump UP & DOWN on the podium, he deserves it

Wildcard
Wildcard

Yep, good call rodders.

I reckon the emotion of winning against not only the other 19 drivers in the field, but against the fear of an 'Austrian' radio call from Ross when coming around the last corner in the lead, or getting equipment that is not quite as good as your team mate's (c'mon, when was the last time a car broke on Schumi - Hockenheim 2002?), or being dudded on pit-stops or strategy, would have any man weeping for joy.

I only hope that at some stage, M$ has the grace and decency to say to RB ' Mate, you've helped me land 4,5,6, whatever Championships, this/next year, I'm going to run second string and give you a hand to win one'. Somehow, I really don't think that's in Schumi.... nor in the Ferrari culture either.
"Attack Life" - Greg Norman

seymour
seymour

pit stops

Everyone always assumes michael gets preferential treatment at ferrari, and while that is undoubtedly true in many regards, I think conspiracy theories that michael is aided at the expense of reubens are really unfair to the team.

I have noticed on several occasions in the past, but made no note of it, that reuben's pit stop times are usually faster than michael's. Well, I'm making a note of it now. I think everyone who believes reubens is held back should also take note that every one of his pit stops was faster than Michael for a total 1.5 second advantage.

I wonder what ferrari's pit crew thinks when they hear that they give michael preferential treatment.

West
West

What was it that Irvine said when he left for Jaguar in 2000? Wasn't it something about Schumacher? JW
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

rumpelstulskin
rumpelstulskin

sorry tomba but i find your reason to dislike barrichello pretty strange. the guy has won 7 races in his life and while he gets more than 40% of the points he gets very few wins... of course he has the right to enjoy his victory. and i don't think ferrari favors michael but even if it does a bit (not in teh race surely ... common sense tells you that) it is logical that you will send your best salesman for the best pitch. finally i think barrichello's pole run and his improved passing surely suggest that he will be schumacher's strongest competitor this year, if bridgestone does not let ferrari down that is