Mercedes AMG F1 W04

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
mikeerfol

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W04

mix2mix wrote:where i can find speed trap result for FP1?

Here :) http://www.formula1.com/results/season/ ... _trap.html

stefan_
stefan_

Italy 2013 - Friday (06.09.2013)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

heimana
heimana

http://i.imgur.com/TLSphvX.jpg

Is this a new front wing below?

mantikos
mantikos

heimana wrote:http://i.imgur.com/TLSphvX.jpg

Yes

heimana
heimana

mantikos wrote:
heimana wrote:http://i.imgur.com/TLSphvX.jpg

Yes
They have not tested this new front wing during free practice, I have not seen it

heimana
heimana

mercedes has too downforce, all top teams have no cascades on their front wing except mercedes

mantikos
mantikos

heimana wrote:mercedes has too downforce, all top teams have no cascades on their front wing except mercedes

No one knows who has how much d/f

The cascades could be more important from a outwash flow conditioner perspective...if they made a new f/w for the GP then I am sure they considered the rear and front d/f levels in order to be balanced.

heimana
heimana

mantikos wrote:
heimana wrote:mercedes has too downforce, all top teams have no cascades on their front wing except mercedes

The cascades could be more important from a outwash flow conditioner perspective...if they made a new f/w for the GP then I am sure they considered the rear and front d/f levels in order to be balanced.
yes I'm agree but hamilton said "maybe we have too much downforce"

turbof1

heimana wrote:
mantikos wrote:

yes I'm agree but hamilton said "maybe we have too much downforce"
He also said the car "felt good". Typically F1 cars feel twitchy in the corners at Monza, further implying Mercedes might run too much downforce.
#AeroFrodo

mkay
mkay

turbof1 wrote: He also said the car "felt good". Typically F1 cars feel twitchy in the corners at Monza, further implying Mercedes might run too much downforce.
Then, Mercedes should have been running RBR very close in S2 and S3, which wasn't the case at all.

turbof1

mkay wrote:
turbof1 wrote: He also said the car "felt good". Typically F1 cars feel twitchy in the corners at Monza, further implying Mercedes might run too much downforce.
Then, Mercedes should have been running RBR very close in S2 and S3, which wasn't the case at all.
Too many straights. More downforce does not automatically mean you are ultimately faster in those sectors.
#AeroFrodo

scarbs
scarbs

Mercedes have been running these rims at Monza with a black inner coating and a cross cut pattern forged into their inner face. Might be an aero or thermal solution...

Hobbs04
Hobbs04

n smikle wrote:
The Beam wing is influenced by the same on the RB9! Newey has so many admirers in rival teams. They can't help but to try his solutions.
techF1LES wrote:http://img2.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Hec ... 626827.jpg

Photo courtesy of: RACEPICTURES.COM
■ Copyright © Miltenburg/RACEPICTURES.COM 2012. All rights reserved.
■ Hosted at Auto, Motor und Sport
From F2012 last year, who had the down sloped style beam wing first... Albeit the W04's is much prettier.

mkay
mkay

turbof1 wrote:
mkay wrote:
Too many straights. More downforce does not automatically mean you are ultimately faster in those sectors.
But RBR is the slowest team (although short gearing help them get to top speed faster).

Then, why isn't Mercedes setting its gears like RBR?

Hobbs04
Hobbs04

scarbs wrote:Mercedes have been running these rims at Monza with a black inner coating and a cross cut pattern forged into their inner face. Might be an aero or thermal solution...
http://scarbsf1.com/blog1/wp-content/up ... _rim-s.jpg
Monza isnt the track to heat the tires instantly. Maybe this is a solution to help aid in the heat up of medium and hard tires without hefty downforce penalty.