Scuderia Ferrari 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PhillipM
PhillipM

Re: Ferrari F14T

Unc1eM0nty wrote:
Kansas wrote:anyone has the picture of ferrari 's new suspension built for Kimi enquiries?
I don't think they've designed and built new suspension just for Kimi, they do need to spend more time tuning it to suit his style though, either was you wont be able to see anything different on the car.
If anything it'll just be steering modifications and rack upgrades, he hates and slack or lag in the steering system and he's very particular about having lots of good feedback through the wheel.

Postmoe

PhillipM wrote:
Unc1eM0nty wrote:
Kansas wrote:anyone has the picture of ferrari 's new suspension built for Kimi enquiries?
I don't think they've designed and built new suspension just for Kimi, they do need to spend more time tuning it to suit his style though, either was you wont be able to see anything different on the car.
If anything it'll just be steering modifications and rack upgrades, he hates and slack or lag in the steering system and he's very particular about having lots of good feedback through the wheel.
The absolute opposite of Fernando in that area. Interesting how it can be relevant in future ierations of the car.

trinidefender
trinidefender

Postmoe wrote:
PhillipM wrote:
Unc1eM0nty wrote:
The absolute opposite of Fernando in that area. Interesting how it can be relevant in future ierations of the car.
Nobody ever said that Fernando likes a lack of feel. He just prefers a car that under steers slightly more than most with front end grip being progressive so he can feel the limit but enough of that. Off topic.

Postmoe

trinidefender wrote:
Postmoe wrote:
Nobody ever said that Fernando likes a lack of feel. He just prefers a car that under steers slightly more than most with front end grip being progressive so he can feel the limit but enough of that. Off topic.
Well, the opposite of Rakkonen is not somebody that likes a very picky lack of feel, but somebody that doesn't care about these things.

Fernando is known for being very adaptative and sometimes in a bad way, as he will race the car anyway saying it's fine if the car is raceable. I don't remember exactly where I got that, but it has been more than a couple of times, and from his former engineers.

Former engineers of Kimmi have said just the contrary. He will go back to his hospitality without fringing if the car is low on certain specificities he wants. I think it hapenned recently at Renault.

This could influence the way next developments are dealt, because they will have a very different feedback from one of the drivers, asking for key elements that are very specific and even counter-intuuitive. Kubica had that too.

Not off topic, because I'm not focusing my atention on the drivers, but on the type of feedback they tend to give.

trinidefender
trinidefender

Postmoe wrote:
trinidefender wrote:
Postmoe wrote:
Well, the opposite of Rakkonen is not somebody that likes a very picky lack of feel, but somebody that doesn't care about these things.

Fernando is known for being very adaptative and sometimes in a bad way, as he will race the car anyway saying it's fine if the car is raceable. I don't remember exactly where I got that, but it has been more than a couple of times, and from his former engineers.

Former engineers of Kimmi have said just the contrary. He will go back to his hospitality without fringing if the car is low on certain specificities he wants. I think it hapenned recently at Renault.

This could influence the way next developments are dealt, because they will have a very different feedback from one of the drivers, asking for key elements that are very specific and even counter-intuuitive. Kubica had that too.

Not off topic, because I'm not focusing my atention on the drivers, but on the type of feedback they tend to give.
That doesn't mean he doesn't like a car a certain way. It simply means he is adaptable and just gets on with the job regardless if it suits his preferences or not. He is a very adaptable driver which is one reason I rate him as probably the best driver on the grid right now overall. Kimmi on the other hand is, as you said, very particular. The way I see it is that if they built the car around car around kimmi's style then Fernando would still "drive it like he stole it."

Question about the car though. I'm slightly confused about the Ferrari F14T. Is it slightly under steers on high speed corners or low speed corners or am I way off?

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

heidenreich27
heidenreich27

Im sure f14t is not gonna win a race this year. The traction f14t is super horrible

Pierce89

heidenreich27 wrote:Im sure f14t is not gonna win a race this year. The traction f14t is super horrible
The 2009 Ferrari won a race, besides, you're overstating the traction issues.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

siskue2005

if they dont win a gp this year, it would be 21 years before at 1993, since they didnt win atleast one GP in a season
A win less year has only occurred for 9 times since 1950 (in 64 f1 seasons) :o
and they have been on atleast one podium on every year since 1950 :o
amazing records and facts :wink:

diffuser

Yeah, i don't get thier mechanical grip issues. I'm presuming thier getting good downforce....cause their good if high speed corners.

miguelalvesreis
miguelalvesreis

diffuser wrote:Yeah, i don't get thier mechanical grip issues. I'm presuming thier getting good downforce....cause their good if high speed corners.
Good downforce at high speeds doesn`t mean good downforce até los speeds. Traction problema can also come from power delivery issues - too much torque too suddenlly!

Chuckjr

Is it still too early for Allison to have had influence on the updates for China, or will his input only start surfacing by the Europe leg and beyond?
Watching F1 since 1986.

shelly
shelly

https://twitter.com/hlawiczka/status/45 ... 04/photo/1

Playful attitude in the ferrari crew as somebody puts the words from a 70s trash italian song on Hamashima's tyre temperature notes
twitter: @armchair_aero

Ganxxta
Ganxxta

Well, this year is officially over for Ferrari.

As sad as it is, but losing 32 seconds (!) in 10 laps to the Mercedes after the SC is 3.2s a lap slower (!), there is no way they can find anything to close that gap this year with the frozen engine.

Also they were both a sitting duck on the straights for all Mercedes powered teams, the FIs and Wiliams' could just breeze past them with ease :(

And they are also slower than the RedBulls :(

jonaliew
jonaliew

Ganxxta wrote:Well, this year is officially over for Ferrari.

As sad as it is, but losing 32 seconds (!) in 10 laps to the Mercedes after the SC is 3.2s a lap slower (!), there is no way they can find anything to close that gap this year with the frozen engine.

Also they were both a sitting duck on the straights for all Mercedes powered teams, the FIs and Wiliams' could just breeze past them with ease :(

And they are also slower than the RedBulls :(
Your concluding that after 3 races? Maybe if this was the Europe part of F1 races, I give it to you. Let's see what Shanghai shows where the rumored China upgrades are coming.

I admit you can see that the F14T car lacks power. We were sitting ducks compared to mercedes party teams in defending.