Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
etusch

Re: Honda Power Unit

Angel wrote:
23 Jun 2017, 12:14
McL-H wrote:
23 Jun 2017, 11:49
etusch wrote:
23 Jun 2017, 11:46

Maybe FP2 will be better to see :wink:
Sure. They are running calibrations and slowly unlocking more potential. The full potential of the new engine may not even be unlocked until the next GP. I would expect it to be faster tomorrow though.
Of course... being a new spec they have to relearn the characteristics from it before going full steam! :)
FP2 will be better and tomorrow will be better also. (I think... and hope!) :)
Of course if they choose to keep going with this PU

GoranF1
GoranF1

According to Andrew Benson Honda engine is bassicaly the same only very few small changes that will be decided overnight if it will be keeped for rest of GP.
He says Honda is completly lost whit PU developmet direction.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

bauc

GoranF1 wrote:
23 Jun 2017, 13:01
According to Andrew Benson Honda engine is bassicaly the same only very few small changes that will be decided overnight if it will be keeped for rest of GP.
That has been clear for a while, but I guess non of us wanted to accept it :(
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

RedNEO

GoranF1 wrote:
23 Jun 2017, 13:01
Despite no restrictions on tokens remarkably there development this year is matching there worst year (2015)

aral
aral

Once again, this thread has gone wildly off topic. A number of posts about Red Bull, Mclaren aero etc etc have been removed. Please post strictly on the actual power unit.

RicME85

Alonso has just pulled over claiming 'engine'

isullivan
isullivan

RicME85 wrote:
23 Jun 2017, 16:03
Looks like combustion failure

RicME85

isullivan wrote:
RicME85 wrote:
23 Jun 2017, 16:03
Looks like combustion failure
After I posted that a replay was shown of smoke coming out the back

Lucky
Lucky

McL-H
McL-H

Angel wrote:
23 Jun 2017, 12:14
McL-H wrote:
23 Jun 2017, 11:49
etusch wrote:
23 Jun 2017, 11:46

Maybe FP2 will be better to see :wink:
Sure. They are running calibrations and slowly unlocking more potential. The full potential of the new engine may not even be unlocked until the next GP. I would expect it to be faster tomorrow though.
Of course... being a new spec they have to relearn the characteristics from it before going full steam! :)
FP2 will be better and tomorrow will be better also. (I think... and hope!) :)
Here I was, trying to stay positive. Yet again, Honda messes it up.. I am not upset so much about the lack of power.. It's mostly the lack of reliability that's what upsets me. Season 3, and still they are not competent enough to build a reliable engine. They have shown no indication whatsoever that they are able to be competitive, let alone challenge the front-runners. I am sure they work hard, but there is just so little progression. There is no speed, and there is no reliability. If they were only at Renault's level now, or close to that, in terms of power, I would be optimistic about next season. But I just can't see Honda even beating Renault in 2018.

Honda are incompetent, and the faster McLaren ditches them, the better. Alonso will leave anyway, but soon, top personnel will be leaving the team as well. I don't care if they take Mercedes engines, Ferrari or Renault. Anything is better than what they have currently. I fear a lot for Honda's engine next year. It might become Kaltenborn's legacy to have destroyed Sauber completely by joining forces with them.

McHonda
McHonda

That's the new updated ICE gone then I fear.

Brought too soon perhaps or more evidence the dyno to track correlation is kaput?.

3jawchuck
3jawchuck

Hopefully 1, that engine of Alonso's included updated parts and they learn something from this. Hopefully 2, they are not discouraged from bringing updates because of this.

GhostF1
GhostF1

McHonda wrote:
23 Jun 2017, 16:22
That's the new updated ICE gone then I fear.

Brought too soon perhaps or more evidence the dyno to track correlation is kaput?.
Technically this just had some updates applied. Complete new PU isn't ready yet.

But I fear the final nail in the coffin may possibly of been hammered down.

Interesting to hear what Eric says at the conference in half an hour.

ronanharris09
ronanharris09

3jawchuck wrote:
23 Jun 2017, 16:31
Hopefully 1, that engine of Alonso's included updated parts and they learn something from this. Hopefully 2, they are not discouraged from bringing updates because of this.
If dyno correlation still needs further improvements, then it is the only way to test the PU.
When it comes to 💻 science 💫, what I much about it 💢 is analyzing the 📉 📊 👌.

McHonda
McHonda

Apparently it wasn't even the PU but the gearbox so hopefully everything's good with the updated parts.