2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GoranF1
GoranF1

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Something will go wrong for Alonso in SPA.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

makecry
makecry

GoranF1 wrote:
31 Jul 2017, 01:44
You shut your whore mouth. lol :P

I hope something like last year happens.

GoranF1
GoranF1

makecry wrote:
31 Jul 2017, 01:47
GoranF1 wrote:
You shut your whore mouth. lol :P

I hope something like last year happens.
Lets hope so..but SPA is like jinxed for Alonso..
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

godlameroso

It's definitely not his best track, I don't think he's ever won there. Like I said in the engine thread, if they can't figure out a way to increase power relative to their rivals they're going to suffer terribly in sectors 1 & 3. With the power gap as it is now they'd lose the better part of 2 seconds at Spa, at the very least, if they can somehow mitigate the power deficit through Kemmel and through Blanchimont they can be alright, as they'd only lose about .7 seconds tops through sector two. Most of it from turn 11 to the entry to turn 13, other than that it's all turns that are either not flat out, or just under high speed.
Saishū kōnā

Hino
Hino

GoranF1 wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 12:48
I copy this from Autosport forum:

Here is the audio from spanish journalist I cited yesterday. http://www.cope.es/a...-07-2017_403196 (min 38'30")
The journalist ask to the Hasegawa and He said "Start new championship for Honda, from here, everything will be a lot of better", and journalist add " from the next race, where they will bring new evolution pu in Spa, no more breaks, no more problems,.. from Spa new Championship for them". In the last race the journalist said the gap is 107hp for Mercedes and in this audio He cited it again. Ask to Hasegawa if they have 90hp for Alonso, and He said all will go well now,... it was a little joking
That link is dead. Do you have another link to reference that audio?

Andres125sx

godlameroso wrote:
31 Jul 2017, 03:19
It's definitely not his best track, I don't think he's ever won there.
I´ll replicate Alonso reply to some journalist when he said what you´re saying here in some past season...

"That´s not true I like Spa and I won in F3000 on a race I´ll never forget" :wink: :mrgreen:

Andres125sx

McL-H wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 19:51
Alonso did nothing magnificent today. McLaren finisht where they should.
Did you watch Hamilton who was unable to even attempt a pass on Raikonnen? That was despite they all were sooo sloooow due to Vettel problem McLaren did several laps faster than the top Mercedes and Ferrari guys, so probably around 2 seconds slower than possible. Lewis was unable to try a pass despite being around 2 seconds faster.

OTOH Alonso managed to pass Sainz who only was some tenths slower than him, if you can´t see anything magnificent today then I´m sorry for you :P

JohnDelinger
JohnDelinger

GoranF1 wrote:

roman " ... these brakes, just ... them", dani "OMG its not Vettel" and joylon "maldonado is my hero, i'm just not as fast", pile into him at le source.

one in the side, one over the top, one up the rear.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Andres125sx wrote:
31 Jul 2017, 11:49
McL-H wrote:
Did you watch Hamilton who was unable to even attempt a pass on Raikonnen? That was despite they all were sooo sloooow due to Vettel problem McLaren did several laps faster than the top Mercedes and Ferrari guys, so probably around 2 seconds slower than possible. Lewis was unable to try a pass despite being around 2 seconds faster.

OTOH Alonso managed to pass Sainz who only was some tenths slower than him, if you can´t see anything magnificent today then I´m sorry for you :P
lol let the haters hate mate, Alonso did fantastic today, magnificient drive, great performance and above all, fantastic to see Alonso all smiles and really genuinly happy. And then there's an update still on the way for SPA. Finally light on the horizon.

I must say though, i admit Honda was right when they said this was essentially their actual first year in F1 in regards to the fact they completely changed the engine. taking that into account, it gives a different perspective, especially if they're going to be able to have a solid p6 or p7 capability right now, that's quite the achievement if you compare that to Renault for example. September should bring spec4 update iirc, so i'm very curious how the path is going to unfold. maybe we'll see some surprises still.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

diffuser

Andres125sx wrote:
McL-H wrote:

To keep it real, Alonso also said he had 2 laps after the tire change to do it. After that the tires just loose too much. Let's not get blinded by the facts that we're alonso fans.
Last edited by diffuser on 31 Jul 2017, 15:16, edited 1 time in total.

GhostF1
GhostF1

Manoah2u wrote:
31 Jul 2017, 14:03
Andres125sx wrote:
McL-H wrote:

lol let the haters hate mate, Alonso did fantastic today, magnificient drive, great performance and above all, fantastic to see Alonso all smiles and really genuinly happy. And then there's an update still on the way for SPA. Finally light on the horizon.

I must say though, i admit Honda was right when they said this was essentially their actual first year in F1 in regards to the fact they completely changed the engine. taking that into account, it gives a different perspective, especially if they're going to be able to have a solid p6 or p7 capability right now, that's quite the achievement if you compare that to Renault for example. September should bring spec4 update iirc, so i'm very curious how the path is going to unfold. maybe we'll see some surprises still.
I'm glad there is someone else who keeps tabs on the details not the headlines for their input. Year 1 on this spec, it's a fresh start, 2018 will be a noticeably bigger jump than previous years because of this. The argument "well 2016 was an evolution of 2015's engine and it wasn't that great" is also null and void because Hasegawa has said endlessly they could not change what they wanted due to the token system, it prevented them making the necessary changes. It's scrapping allowed the RA617H to be born and yes, it's had a lot of MGU-H issues, but again, it's the right engine, the right architecture, the right blueprint to storm forward. They've found the right formula now. Each previous year saw a huge upturn in performance in the second half of the season, I expect the same to happen, only this time with everything they wanted in an engine, and 2018's could only be a vast improvement of this model. It's easy to say christ, it's been 3 years, what morons... But look at the details and you can see why the issues have arised and why you could be more confident in saying they'll come good and next year has a dramatically higher chance of being a very successful evolution. My belief anyway.

th1ago
th1ago

Hino wrote:
31 Jul 2017, 07:21
GoranF1 wrote:
30 Jul 2017, 12:48
I copy this from Autosport forum:

Here is the audio from spanish journalist I cited yesterday. http://www.cope.es/a...-07-2017_403196 (min 38'30")
The journalist ask to the Hasegawa and He said "Start new championship for Honda, from here, everything will be a lot of better", and journalist add " from the next race, where they will bring new evolution pu in Spa, no more breaks, no more problems,.. from Spa new Championship for them". In the last race the journalist said the gap is 107hp for Mercedes and in this audio He cited it again. Ask to Hasegawa if they have 90hp for Alonso, and He said all will go well now,... it was a little joking
That link is dead. Do you have another link to reference that audio?
http://www.cope.es/audios/partidazo-cop ... 017_403196 (Fast forward to 38:30). They basically said that it's a new championship for Honda. I wish i could transcript the whole conversation but my spanish is limited

diffuser

In the End it was a Ron mistake to think that Honda could hit the ground running in year 1 or 2. Honda too, but hey they weren't running McLaren at the time.

Alonso Fan

diffuser wrote:
31 Jul 2017, 15:15
Andres125sx wrote:
McL-H wrote:

To keep it real, Alonso also said he had 2 laps after the tire change to do it. After that the tires just loose too much. Let's not get blinded by the facts that we're alonso fans.
I agree with you. But the fact that be did get it done within a couple of laps is a testament to his talent and skill
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

HPD

Good race, I enjoyed it ..

Alonso vs Sainz: https://streamable.com/fqbqv

Eric: They think we are going to divorce
Hasegawa: jajaja