2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
DFX
DFX

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

HPD wrote:
01 Oct 2017, 19:23
GoranF1 wrote:
01 Oct 2017, 18:39
proteus wrote:
01 Oct 2017, 18:03

Vandoorne has started his assault. Second consecutive 7th position, and 3 points clear from Alonso. If he continues like this to the end of the season Alonso will have another frustration on his list.
I think Alonso realize this now and will beat him in Suzuka....this is finnaly a challenge for him this year.
In my opinion I think that Alonso had a more aggressive configuration for rain.
I'm not saying it's an excuse for Alonso. But it was very slow compared to Vandoorne.
The problem is that Suzuka Vandoorne has a new engine and will penalize. (I'm not sure)
I like Vandoorne, congratulations! =D>
I think that was the case. In sector 2 Alonso was the fastest car in the corners, in sectors 1 and 2 (mainly straights) he was second to last. I believe he gambled for a rainy race, as they didnt have much to loose, but in the end the rain didnt came.

BeardedAce
BeardedAce

Alonso's holy quest against Honda has sapped all energy out of him this year. Things will be back to normal next year, with him scoring twice the number of points than his teammate.
He also reminded Vettel that he hasn't forgotten about Vettel's "Stupid" comment. Vettel had it coming.

DiogoBrand

BeardedAce wrote:
01 Oct 2017, 20:48
Alonso's holy quest against Honda has sapped all energy out of him this year. Things will be back to normal next year, with him scoring twice the number of points than his teammate.
He also reminded Vettel that he hasn't forgotten about Vettel's "Stupid" comment. Vettel had it coming.
I thought it had more to do with Vettel ruining a great chance for points for him last race out of pure stupidity.

NathanOlder

Deleted
Last edited by NathanOlder on 01 Oct 2017, 22:27, edited 1 time in total.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

BeardedAce wrote:
And with Vettels comment today, im sure Alonso will make a note and remember that for the seasons remaining races
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

GoranF1
GoranF1

BeardedAce wrote:
Really well said.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

NathanOlder

So Alonso not currently worth those 6 tenths extra ?

He's amazing yes, but not head and shoulders above the rest.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

RS200E

NathanOlder wrote:
01 Oct 2017, 23:10

He's backed off to "holiday form".

;)
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

NathanOlder

RS200E wrote:
01 Oct 2017, 23:21
NathanOlder wrote:

He's backed off to "holiday form".

;)
:lol: =D>
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

HondaRaceReplica
HondaRaceReplica

Alonso must have signed His new contract already :mrgreen:

damager21
damager21

NathanOlder wrote:

Maybe saving all his energies for Suzuka... :twisted:

"Not Spec 4.0 this is GP2 engine GP2 engine"

f1316
f1316

I think we all know Alonso's not super human - go back and watch the occasional races where Fisichella was faster than him in the same car (e.g. USA 2006) and the reasonably frequently occurrences of Trulli out qualifying him - but let's just say his performance vs teammate is usually pretty darn good across a season.

Let's not forget that Vandorne was one of the most highly rated guys coming in to F1 and that this is pretty much the first time he's outperformed his teammate; we've got used to that fact but it's actually pretty incredible it's taken this long.

techman
techman

Thanks that's a good example.

techman isn't very technical LOL.
i wonder why every season f1 cars run the lowest downforce in monza. :D just take a look at andrian neweys cars, you probably can learn a few from him.
With Honda engine they would not shrink only the chasis but also the number of horses and time of electric horses being available to them :lol: :lol: :lol:

U really shot yourself in the knee with that statement =D>
honda are going to overtake renault with spec4 and their pretty close according to hasegawa. but remember mclaren aint no redbull. its not efficient as a redbull, and next season will open your eyes with the same engine :lol: i hoping redbull honda 2019.

Anyway i have question for both of you. if you believe your mclaren chassis is super, do you believe mclaren renault will lead the constructors title at the end of 2019 compared to redbull renault? YES OR NO. in my opinion mclaren renault will struggle to match the pace of redbull and will not be suprised if they over 0.5 seconds slower to redbull renault.

zoroastar

no one knows who will be leading anything. especially you. one thing is more certain than anything else though. mclaren will be doing better with a renault motor next year than with a honda. i cant count how many times honda has made bold claims since 2014. and you no what? its very easy to count the amount of times those bold claims actually materialize. because it equals ZERO. bashing mclaren in every comment is a waste of breath. formula 1 is a sport of results, not unicorns farting rainbows.

techman wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 09:28
Thanks that's a good example.

techman isn't very technical LOL.
i wonder why every season f1 cars run the lowest downforce in monza. :D just take a look at andrian neweys cars, you probably can learn a few from him.
With Honda engine they would not shrink only the chasis but also the number of horses and time of electric horses being available to them :lol: :lol: :lol:

U really shot yourself in the knee with that statement =D>
honda are going to overtake renault with spec4 and their pretty close according to hasegawa. but remember mclaren aint no redbull. its not efficient as a redbull, and next season will open your eyes with the same engine :lol: i hoping redbull honda 2019.

Anyway i have question for both of you. if you believe your mclaren chassis is super, do you believe mclaren renault will lead the constructors title at the end of 2019 compared to redbull renault? YES OR NO. in my opinion mclaren renault will struggle to match the pace of redbull and will not be suprised if they over 0.5 seconds slower to redbull renault.

Webber2011
Webber2011

Well as far as I can tell the biggest problems the McHonda relationship experienced were, (in no particular order).
Honda committing to a 10 year plan, and McLaren shitting themselves after 3 of those said years.

It's obvious to all and sundry that Honda took the wrong route, and that's been painful for both sides, but.....................

Unfortunately McLaren now have to regroup, and most importantly redesign which is no easy task.
Anyone here who thinks just because the PU mounting points are standard, a Team can bolt any old thing in the back is seriously deluded.

I fully expect another tough year for McLaren in 2018