2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Singabule
Singabule

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Results will be always unknown unless you are Mercedes factory team. However the Cash injection from sponsor is the absolute one, and as long as the shareholder can cover the deficit it is okay. Mclaren chose the unknown route for 2018 onward but i praise them for the brave move. However i dont think they can beat the top 3 before 2021 TBH

Alonso Fan

Oh my I'm quite late to the party but I'm glad because I missed all the nonsense and bashing I think

Anyway it was a great race for Vandoorne, well crafted, good strategy and awesome pace. Hope he can keep this pace up for the rest of this year and next year too.

Shame Alonso got held up and had a poor strategy but I think Vandoorne was easily a match for him this race on merit
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

I literally laugh so hard with all of these Alonso haters here. Alonso has beaten dominantly every team mate he had (I won't talk about 2007 equal points and mr. Ron again) and one time he gets beaten by another driver and WOW MAN Alonso is not good man, he beated him man omg man dude man duude. Yea guys, u think Alonso forgot to drive in 1 race ? Of course, not. Alonso obviously had a more aggressive rain setup and that cost him both in qualy and race. He took a gamble and it didn't work. We can see that since he has the QUICKEST top speed in the chassis-based intermediate 2 during qualifying. Also, his start was compromised by traffic (that's how it goes sometimes u get benefited some not) and that dropped him back making to follow slower cars and with not enough pace to make a move. Yes you need A LOT of pace to make a move. You see how Vettel was struggling to pass Alonso after so many laps ?? And he had a Ferrari ! (For your info Ferrari was BY FAR the FASTEST car on this track. 8 tenths quicker per lap than Mercedes and 4 than Red Bull !) Also struggled to pass Ricciardo. So once, you stick behind you lose a hell of a time. And apart from that it seemed that McLaren "did a Mercedes" . The new aero package probably was worse, just like was with Mercedes with Hamilton switching to old aero spec and Bottas keeping new and having a huge deficit. I guess the practice data fooled them or something. So yea, that's all. There are still many races to go. So calm your titties. Even Bottas beaten Hamilton multiple times. Why does that mean? Yea bruh Ham forgot to drive bruh ?

Also techman, why you do this "trick" with quoting ? By making your own quote without original poster name ? You trying to avoid notifying the original poster that you posted your things?

alexa
alexa

Honda PU is not that far from Renault,and still we saw that MC where lap behind RB.Next year we will see more or less same thing ,MC will not be evan close to RB,especially now with engine switch.

diffuser

BeardedAce wrote:
01 Oct 2017, 20:48
Alonso's holy quest against Honda has sapped all energy out of him this year. Things will be back to normal next year, with him scoring twice the number of points than his teammate.
He also reminded Vettel that he hasn't forgotten about Vettel's "Stupid" comment. Vettel had it coming.
Nothing Wrong with Alonso's driving this year.
Vandoorne Drove well in Malaysia.
I think if they would have setup Alonso's car up for a wet race, he would said so.

I think the problem was, like he said, He got stuck in traffic on the start (the Williams Collision) then He burned up the life of his tires trying to get past. The 20 laps or so he spent on the Supersofts after Vandoorne had pitted to Softs he lost on average .250 per lap(not sure what that was about, his laps times weren't consistent..most were .5 slower but some were faster). Then when he switched to Softs, the pit stop was slow and he came out behind Palmer instead of ahead.

Mad
Mad

ALO_Power wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 13:37
So calm your titties. Even Bottas beaten Hamilton multiple times. Why does that mean? Yea bruh Ham forgot to drive bruh ?
Why don't you calm yours first and set a example for us all? Noone's beyond criticism, Alonso is a great driver but ain't perfect. Stop blowing up every time anyone criticizes him even slightly

Alonso Fan

alexa wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 14:09
Honda PU is not that far from Renault,and still we saw that MC where lap behind RB.Next year we will see more or less same thing ,MC will not be evan close to RB,especially now with engine switch.
Yes not that far, only a reputed 60hp...
Last edited by Alonso Fan on 02 Oct 2017, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sayeman

Alonso Fan wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 15:39
alexa wrote:
Yes not that far, only a reputed 60hp
A figure that has been inflated many times by spanish media and Mclaren aficionados. Honda says they can overtake Renault this year with the final spec 4 update. The update is supposed to bring 30-40hp as i heard. I expect the current gap to be somewhere near that figure.

And Honda may not be bringing any Hardware updates but software optimizations can make a difference. Renault found 1.5sec worth of laptime without even making any hardware changes.
Last edited by Sayeman on 02 Oct 2017, 15:44, edited 2 times in total.
Never Give up.

Alonso Fan

Sayeman wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 15:41
Alonso Fan wrote:
alexa wrote:
A figure that has been inflated many times by spanish media and Mclaren aficionados.
You mean, mentioned by the BBC
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sayeman

Alonso Fan wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 15:42
Sayeman wrote:
Alonso Fan wrote:

A figure that has been inflated many times by spanish media and Mclaren aficionados.
You mean, mentioned by the BBC
Hmm, BBC probably knows more about Honda PU than Honda itself i suppose.
Never Give up.

Vasconia

HPD wrote:
01 Oct 2017, 19:23
GoranF1 wrote:
01 Oct 2017, 18:39
proteus wrote:
01 Oct 2017, 18:03

Vandoorne has started his assault. Second consecutive 7th position, and 3 points clear from Alonso. If he continues like this to the end of the season Alonso will have another frustration on his list.
I think Alonso realize this now and will beat him in Suzuka....this is finnaly a challenge for him this year.
In my opinion I think that Alonso had a more aggressive configuration for rain.
I'm not saying it's an excuse for Alonso. But it was very slow compared to Vandoorne.
The problem is that Suzuka Vandoorne has a new engine and will penalize. (I'm not sure)
I like Vandoorne, congratulations! =D>
If I am not wrong Alonso was running the updates, so I guess they haven´t worked well.

DFX
DFX

Sayeman wrote:
Alonso Fan wrote:
alexa wrote:
A figure that has been inflated many times by spanish media and Mclaren aficionados. Honda says they can overtake Renault this year with the final spec 4 update. The update is supposed to bring 30-40hp as i heard. I expect the current gap to be somewhere near that figure.

And Honda may not be bringing any Hardware updates but software optimizations can make a difference. Renault found 1.5sec worth of laptime without even making any hardware changes.
I dont know where you guys concluded that Honda said that. As far as I remember, Hasegawa said that matching Renault was the goal for the end of this season. Which would be actually great, but I don't think they will have time though. But more important than that, it's is a goal, something that they aim for, they didnt promise that.

etusch

DFX wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 16:59
Sayeman wrote:
Alonso Fan wrote:

I dont know where you guys concluded that Honda said that. As far as I remember, Hasegawa said that matching Renault was the goal for the end of this season. Which would be actually great, but I don't think they will have time though. But more important than that, it's is a goal, something that they aim for, they didnt promise that.
If I am not wrong Hasegawa said that he is talking according some numbers

HPD

Mclaren fans think that when Mclaren arrives at Red Bull, the Honda PU arrives at the Renault PU.

Sorry, this is not going to be like this. Honda can reach Renault and we will still be behind Red Bull. (not by much).

DFX
DFX

HPD wrote:
02 Oct 2017, 17:59
Mclaren fans think that when Mclaren arrives at Red Bull, the Honda PU arrives at the Renault PU.

Sorry, this is not going to be like this. Honda can reach Renault and we will still be behind Red Bull. (not by much).
This is as much of a guess as "Mclaren fans" believing that their chassis is equally good as Red Bull's. We simply don't know, we don't have the the benchmark for comparison. The only thing known is that the Honda Pu, as for now, is trailing far behind the rest.

That being said, one can be hopeful that Mclaren chassis is really great, but I dont think anyone here would dare to say that is the best or really close to.
Next year will be an improvement in power, considering the Honda performance as it is right now, and in chassis evolution, there will be some bugs with the Renault PU integration but Mclaren will get there eventually.

We have to trust in Mclaren's ability to construct a good car, people bashing Mclaren for dumping Honda seems to have no confidence at all that Mclaren can do that. So I guess they were expecting Honda to produce a PU with 40hp more than the rest to overcome Mclaren's inability to do their jobs.