2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
TakataDomeNSX
TakataDomeNSX

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

techman wrote:
30 Jun 2018, 07:26
Acc to Franz the update was 2 to 3 tenths.
source please.
i highly doubt it gave 2 to 3 tenths advantage, because of the comparision between the two drivers. secretly hoping it to true in gasly hands
Is that how Hartley whom everyone believes to be slowe than Gasly, outqualified Gasly by half a second in Canada?

TakataDomeNSX
TakataDomeNSX

techman wrote:
source please.
i highly doubt it gave 2 to 3 tenths advantage, because of the comparision between the two drivers. secretly hoping it to true in gasly hands
Is that how Hartley whom everyone believes to be slower than Gasly, outqualified Gasly by half a second in Canada? Hartley had the new spec, Gasly did not.

techman
techman

Is that how Hartley whom everyone believes to be slowe than Gasly, outqualified Gasly by half a second in Canada?
welll we know that happened. gas had to revert to older spec. regardless, if you check the race simulations. gasly has been quick over hartley all the time.

Soichiro
Soichiro

McMika98 wrote:
30 Jun 2018, 07:32
techman wrote:
source please.
Interview after press conference its on YouTube.
2-3 tenths are supposed to come from engine if I understood correctly. Here are the interviews (you can skip Toto to 1:53):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ekDroKU9dU

Update: Engineers not engine :)

techman
techman

so technically speaking. there is about 0.5 seconds with the spec 2 and aero update plus probably 0.3 tenths from ultra soft. so gasly fp2 time could be in 1. 05. 100. ultrasoft.

etusch

ispano6 wrote:
30 Jun 2018, 00:06

Thank you

restless
restless

techman wrote:
30 Jun 2018, 07:49
welll we know that happened. gas had to revert to older spec. regardless, if you check the race simulations. gasly has been quick over hartley all the time.
So, by same logic (times during practice sessions with unknown settings) you claim that Kubica is 1sec slower driver than Sirotkin and Stroll while driving Williams? :wtf: =D>
Because, he was that much slower yesterday

techman
techman

So, by same logic (times during practice sessions with unknown settings) you claim that Kubica is 1sec slower driver than Sirotkin and Stroll while driving Williams? :wtf: =D>
Because, he was that much slower yesterday
this is consistent with brendon. his race pace simulaton are terrible compared to gasly, its just not time thing , its happening everytime. FIA.COM. go check it out. both qualiy and race pace, is just not there.

Marti_EF3

You guys are too obsessed with Hartley. Seriously, they will come up...

For the FP3, a shame that when STR were doing their quali runs, double yellow flags everywhere and every time, and they only did the first lap. I think they are on Renault and Force India times to fight for Q3. Haas is best of the rest at the moment

GhostF1
GhostF1

Marti_EF3 wrote:
30 Jun 2018, 13:08
You guys are too obsessed with Hartley. Seriously, they will come up...

For the FP3, a shame that when STR were doing their quali runs, double yellow flags everywhere and every time, and they only did the first lap. I think they are on Renault and Force India times to fight for Q3. Haas is best of the rest at the moment
Agree, they were hampered on every run, looks like Gasly got pretty much one good run in the whole session. Jumped 11 places to match Renault, Force India and Leclerc in the Sauber. Looking tight right now. The times are crazy close.

techman
techman

haas looks quick, i had a look at their race pace simulation, they were the best of the rest.

HPD

I really think it's a good idea to start the race in 11th place down. The utrasoft does not work

ispano6

I think the FIA needs to clamp down on flimsy bodywork and make a requirement that elements cannot fall off. Haas has been notorious for flimsy elements and wobbling mirrors and barge boards but it seems that they've been doing their due diligence to shed weight wherever possible and add reinforcements to the flimsy elements. This is what is paying off for Haas (as is the Ferrari engine similar for Sauber). Considering the Red Bull Ring is RB and STRs home track you would think they would have some kind of insight to the track conditions and characteristics that they would beef up their car for the track. The track itself is brutal on that exit to the front straight - instead of those kerbs they should replace it with the runoff similar to Paul Ricard. Increase the amount of runoff space there is and put the most abrasive of surface and make it a fall off angle that takes it away from the main straight. Damage to the tyres is the consequence but at least the chassis doesn't have to get damaged.

Qualifying is going to be like Monaco where others are going to impede on other people's hot laps. Gasly and Hartley need to get out and set their times soon as everyone comes in for the final wait. It is key to be alone or one of only a few on track, hope they get it right.

ispano6

Perhaps the FIA should consider a rule that only allows a certain number of cars to be on track at a given time during qualifying, based on the distance of the track. Only 3 cars allowed in a given window so that you only have 1 car in each section.
Last edited by ispano6 on 30 Jun 2018, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.

McMika98
McMika98

No hope for Harltey pulling out a first lap blinder so resigned to thinking he will be out in Q1 with usual suspects. Hiccup on Gaslys engine, dont think he will get a magic mode while everyone will have some so might not be in Q3.