2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Revs84
Revs84

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

More upgrades to come at Silverstone 8)

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/head ... stria.html

loner

Zynerji wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 22:18
Raikkonen to STR in 2019. [-o< [-o< [-o<
ALO to jump ship before SPA and join STR-GP2 ENGINE :lol: :lol:
para bellum.

Marti_EF3

Revs84 wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 22:46
More upgrades to come at Silverstone 8)

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/head ... stria.html
That's encouraging! :o Need FP3 and Quali right now with both cars with the updates!! 8) 8) 8)

etusch

Do anyone know that will they install back the new spec engine to Gasly's car ?

techman
techman

In Canada Hatley out qualified gasly by 6tenth the pu upgrade was only worth 3 tenth therefore he was faster, in Monaco has was faster in all practice sessions but traffic prevented him from putting a proper lap in quali
excuses , excuses , excuses,

the reality is gas has been quicker than hartley in all race simulations and race pace. 0.5 to 1 second faster on average. if you dont have race pace , how do you expect to score points.? brendon only points was because all others retired. not good enough. and marko knows it. but he made a blunder throwing kyatt out.

ispano6

etusch wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 23:41
Do anyone know that will they install back the new spec engine to Gasly's car ?
Yes, from FP3 Gasly gets new aero, Spec2 engine, and a chance to show what it can all do on Ultrasoft compound.

Honda F1 Racing:
"The only interruption came when Pierre suffered a suspension issue halfway through the second session, causing a red flag and keeping him in the pits for a spell. The power units ran smoothly throughout, and Pierre will now switch to the updated specification he used in the Canadian Grand Prix for the rest of the weekend."

http://en.hondaracingf1.com/races/2018/ ... b=practice

techman
techman

Tomorrow the 2 cars will have the upgrades :mrgreen:
i dont know , i bit worried about the update. looking a hartley laptime . i prefer if they stick the spec 2 and leave gasly aero alone. dont change it as, he is pretty quick here. maybe try again in silverstone.

Revs84
Revs84

techman wrote:
30 Jun 2018, 00:10
Tomorrow the 2 cars will have the upgrades :mrgreen:
i dont know , i bit worried about the update. looking a hartley laptime . i prefer if they stick the spec 2 and leave gasly aero alone. dont change it as, he is pretty quick here. maybe try again in silverstone.
I'm concerned as well to tell you the truth. It's true that today was a new-parts-testing day, but Hartley was still way off the pace with the spec 2 engine. I know you're always bickering about Hartley, but he's rarely this much off the pace. He's usually thereabouts or even better.

Toro Rosso have had a series of regressions this year from Fridays to Saturdays and looking at how strong Gasly was, I really hope this will not be the case this week!

Zynerji

I thought new parts testing was more about consistent, steady laps for data comparison, not lap time.

!Technical
!Technical

Hartley was probably keeping off the kerbs where you can gain a massive amount of lap time. Why? To lower the risks. To gather the much-needed data for the team. I agree Gasly is the faster driver of the two in all situations. Hartley is the consistent, albeit slower of the two but is serving a different function for the team right now. STR needs data to determine the aero direction moving forward and Honda needs great feedback to support their 2019 program with two Red Bull teams.

Singabule
Singabule

Very encouraging indeed. We would not see budget limitation this year onward which is always impact STR in the long run and limit in season development. But they will never introduce aero update at the same time as engine, it would lead to france GP setting mess. They will learn for that, so does honda

techman
techman

very scary thought to have, gasly must not have an bad fortune in race to expects points for toro rosso.
gas retires in race = No points

McMika98
McMika98

!Technical wrote:
30 Jun 2018, 04:02
Hartley was probably keeping off the kerbs where you can gain a massive amount of lap time. Why? To lower the risks. To gather the much-needed data for the team. I agree Gasly is the faster driver of the two in all situations. Hartley is the consistent, albeit slower of the two but is serving a different function for the team right now. STR needs data to determine the aero direction moving forward and Honda needs great feedback to support their 2019 program with two Red Bull teams.
nope. He also ran over the kerbs and damaged his brand new spec wings. So he was pushing hard just not delivering. Acc to Franz the update was 2 to 3 tenths.

techman
techman

Acc to Franz the update was 2 to 3 tenths.
source please.
i highly doubt it gave 2 to 3 tenths advantage, because of the comparision between the two drivers. secretly hoping it to true in gasly hands

McMika98
McMika98

techman wrote:
30 Jun 2018, 07:26
Acc to Franz the update was 2 to 3 tenths.
source please.
i highly doubt it gave 2 to 3 tenths advantage, because of the comparision between the two drivers. secretly hoping it to true in gasly hands
Interview after press conference its on YouTube.