2018 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 27-29 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
santos
santos

Re: 2018 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, 27-29 July

Hamilton is a better driver in wet, but the Mercs also performs better in the rain then the Ferrari. Bottas is a very good number two driver, and Toto is a great team manage. He keeps telling Bottas that there isn't a number one and a number two driver and he eats that. I find strange that the incident with Vettel wasn't take in considerations by the stewards...

basti313
basti313

WaikeCU wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 12:14
I don't think anyone can match Lewis in wet or changing circumstances at the moment. So whenever it's wet conditions, be on the lookout for that #44 Merc in front.
Yes, one can certainly agree with that, especially in the Merc. Vettel also had his awesome moments in the wet in the past, but this was in a different car.
WaikeCU wrote:
Mistake of Vettel in Hockenheim was a vital moment during the season imo. It triggered a change in momentum somehow. I mean talk about a 4 time World Champion bottling it in front of his home crowd all because of his own mistake.
No, the change in momentum is an assumption, that does not make sense at all. Based on nothing.
But of course, it was a vital moment for the WDC as it cost 32 points not to win and to gift at least one position to Ham. Without putting the car in the wall, Vettel would go to Spa and Monza, both tracks that should favor the Ferrari, with a good lead and not a big deficit.
WaikeCU wrote:
In Hungary he clearly had the quickest car on track, but he was nowhere in Quali. During the race he couldn't benefit of the quicker tire due to the mistakes of his own team and it almost cost him the race when Bottas collided with him.
Nowhere in Qualli is a bit strange...the track was developing by nearly one second per lap at this point and Vettel was more than a minute too early on the track. Judging the circumstances, the four top cars were on par in Q3 and it could have been much closer without Rai ending in traffic and Vet running too early. Big errors in the strategy there as well...
WaikeCU wrote:
The Ferrari is however, the quickest car imo.
Depends on the track. In Silverstone the Merc was clearly quicker. We will have two tracks that should suit the Ferrari and then two that should suit the Merc. With the comfortable lead and two Nr2 drivers that are not on par, it should be save for Ham. I do not see much chance for Vet to compensate the deficit he got in Hockenheim.
Don`t russel the hamster!

GrayGreat
GrayGreat

The fact that Hamilton fans HAVE to convince everyone that Hamilton is the best right now, after EVERY race, is quite telling, and confuses me. If he is as good as people claim, then don't bother telling everyone the same thing after every race. Everyone will see the truth eventually.

And not just Hamilton, every other driver for that matter.

marvin78
marvin78

That's true. I normally don't care if someone is a fan of a person he does not even know and who's strength he cannot remotely estimate and because I don't understand the concept of being a fan. I can be a fan of my daughter or wife because I know them. But this "my toy is better than yours" is annoying and even my 2 year old daughter does not do things like that. I always call it kindergarden and that what this forum is at least 3 days after every race.

Jolle
Jolle

This race was the championship in a nutshell. Steady HAM, sloppy VET, frustrated BOT, DNF VER and smiling RIC

dfegan358
dfegan358

I think the next 4 tracks will suit Ferrari better than Mercedes. I have no doubt those races will be vital for Vettel to close the gap otherwise Lewis could run away again like last year.

Don’t know how you could say Singapore would suit Mercedes over Ferrari?

Sieper

Jolle wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 13:29
This race was the championship in a nutshell. Steady HAM, sloppy VET, frustrated BOT, DNF VER and smiling RIC
actually Ric was very far from smiling before this race (and even after the qualy) he was very ready for the holidays as after Monaco it all went to --- for him (his own words) but yes, things can go different quickly and the smile is back. Survived getting hit very hard at the start, survived getting hit by Bottas (which took out his entire right side) and 12 points in the bag.

GPR-A duplicate2

marvin78 wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 13:21
That's true. I normally don't care if someone is a fan of a person he does not even know and who's strength he cannot remotely estimate and because I don't understand the concept of being a fan. I can be a fan of my daughter or wife because I know them. But this "my toy is better than yours" is annoying and even my 2 year old daughter does not do things like that. I always call it kindergarden and that what this forum is at least 3 days after every race.
You should put that as your signature. Honestly, it's boring to hear you repeat the same thing over and over again. I am not a fan, i not a fan. People have right to believe and do what they want, get over it. Let them follow and be a fan and if you don't like, stop trying to teach. It takes a bit of common sense to understand that, there multiple philosophies in life and the one you follow, is not the only one and the right one.

NathanOlder

marvin78 wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 13:21
people are fans because its a sport. The sport needs fans to operate. Less that 1% of sports fans around the world personally know their idols. You dont need to know someone to support them. Anyone can be a fan of anyone or anything and fans argue about who/what is the best, its been like that for hundreds of years, and will be like that for as long as humans live.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

marvin78
marvin78

As I said: "I normally don't care". But that does not mean that there could be a more appropriate behavior of some oft this "fans". Most people have that, some not. And you are not the only person here. Some things need to be explained here because you people tend to misinterpret things very fast. What's boring for you is not my problem. If you want a personal talk you can do that in one ore more pm.

Just one thing: In fact you (GPR-A) are one of the annoying users that make this forums look like a kindergarden. You telling me that my philosophy is not the only and right one sounds like a very bad joke, reading your comments after races. That's that from me. Nothing more. It's not worth it.

@NathanOlder: I let them be. That does not make it a good thing. It's scary for me...but no problem as long as the people do not get childish about that, like they do in this forums. Edit: And I can be fan of a football team without being fan of a person. I can be fan of a sport without being fan of a person. I do that. But it's ok if others don't. It's the behavior that counts.

Bill_Kar
Bill_Kar

Kinda irrelevant but I saw Hamilton changing gears upwards when he had his right hand raised (right at the finish) and I wonder; can they change gears both directions by both hands?
I thought traditionally that left hand is downwards and right hand is upwards. Can someone enlighten me?

Yurasyk
Yurasyk

I think Ferrari robbed us with a fight for the first place between Ham and Vet. They shouldn't wait for passing of lapped cars and drop the gap below safe value between Vet and Bot.
P.S. Lewis is freaking lucky boy except Australia and Austria.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Bill_Kar wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 14:28
Kinda irrelevant but I saw Hamilton changing gears upwards when he had his right hand raised (right at the finish) and I wonder; can they change gears both directions by both hands?
I thought traditionally that left hand is downwards and right hand is upwards. Can someone enlighten me?
It's a rocker type paddle, so you can use either hand to change up/down gears.

Bill_Kar
Bill_Kar

Diesel wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 14:44
Bill_Kar wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 14:28
It's a rocker type paddle, so you can use either hand to change up/down gears.
Thank you very much. Was it always like this?

f1316
f1316

Jolle wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 13:29
Ha ha, you’re right actually - that is pretty much it!