[ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
nzjrs

Re: [ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

That was a masterpiece!

e30ernest
e30ernest

Unf wrote:
20 Jul 2020, 17:54
Phil wrote:
20 Jul 2020, 16:09
He has the same car and the same equipment.
It's never work like that in 100%. If you need particualr example look at RBR - do you think Ric had the same equipment as Max and that's why he left?

Every teams always pick one of the guy and focus on him. Even if it is like Mercedes is focused on Ham on 100% and on Bottas on 99,8% - there is always a more important car and a bit less important car.

The same happened last year for Kubica and Russell. Do you really believe that it is possible to be beaten on every Q's by margin like 1s?

Hamilton has the same car and is able to almost overlap Bottas just cause Bottas failed on start?
Max is 60s ahead of Albon during the race in the same car?
Alonso was eating Vandoorne in the same car whole season?

etc.
I think there's a bit of Proportionality Bias there.

Yes I do believe that Hamilton could have that huge gap in the last race because of how long Bottas was behind other cars. All that dirty air meant less performance, and more tire wear while Lewis in clean air could pick his lines, conserve his tires and go at an overall better pace. IMO, the Mercs have been very fair towards their drivers until a clear favorite for the title emerges. The only time they prevented their drivers from racing was to secure a good finish for the team (which is fair IMO).

In the case of Russell and Kubica, not only was Kubica outside of single-seat racing for a period of time, he also had a disability, and age would be a factor. So yes, I think Russell was just that much better than Kubica.

Albon and Verstappen could be something else though, given how they were running different setups on the car (different parts). It could be they are prioritizing Verstappen (they've made it clear Verstappen was their favorite).

Alonso vs Vandoorne is probably a mix of different things. Alonso could have had team priority given his seniority and the team would probably have wanted to avoid a Hamilton vs Alonso repeat. Alonso's experience and race-craft and his ability to handle pressure (imagine the pressure of being compared to the great Fernando Alonso!) could have simply trumped Vandoorne's as well.

PlatinumZealot

Unf wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 23:26
This is obvious that Bottas is treated like driver no. 2. Only one year contracts one by one, "miastakes" like these above... It's clear.
Bottas manager is Mika. Blame Mika!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Unf

I have better idea guys, let's just wait for few more races and then we will see clearly how Bottas and Lewis are treated, I think it will be very very easy to see especially on Silverstone... If there will be literally no tries to put Bottas behind Hamilton by team on both Silverstone races I will say sorry to all of you. British celebrity and multi WC driver on British track vs. Bottas - I'm loving it.

GPR-A

Unf wrote:
21 Jul 2020, 19:24
I have better idea guys, let's just wait for few more races and then we will see clearly how Bottas and Lewis are treated, I think it will be very very easy to see especially on Silverstone... If there will be literally no tries to put Bottas behind Hamilton by team on both Silverstone races I will say sorry to all of you. British celebrity and multi WC driver on British track vs. Bottas - I'm loving it.
65 Races gone since Bottas joined Mercedes. You need another race to judge if he is treated as No.2 or not?

Unf

GPR-A wrote:
21 Jul 2020, 20:24
65 Races gone since Bottas joined Mercedes. You need another race to judge if he is treated as No.2?
I don't - I knew it when he was announced. You all still need it.

By the way - I found out Bottas told in Finnish media, that he had too much fuel durin Qualification in Hungary:

https://www.mtvuutiset.fi/artikkeli/val ... #gs.ang61j

Another "mistake" from Mercedes, besides his wheel went out just before the start. Of course in next 10min I will recived a lot of jokes and proofs that nothing bad happened...

GPR-A

Unf wrote:
21 Jul 2020, 20:29
GPR-A wrote:
21 Jul 2020, 20:24
65 Races gone since Bottas joined Mercedes. You need another race to judge if he is treated as No.2?
At least I don't need it. I know he is No. 2, on merit, not because Team deliberately treats him as a No.2.

I have always believed it is good for a team to have a designated No.2. It's unfortunate Mercedes doesn't do it and creates all this drama by allowing them to race until the No. 1 prevails, which obviously has always been Lewis. It's so much more simpler to have a designated No.1 and 2. There is only one WDC and the other driver is there only for helping win WCC.

dans79

Unf wrote:
21 Jul 2020, 20:29
Then what are you trying to accomplish here?

You aren't going to convince anyone here the Bottas has been a designated #2 since 2017.
201 105 104 9 9 7

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

Hamilton beefing with past champions Andretti and Stewart:
This is disappointing but unfortunately a reality that some of the older generation who still have a voice today cannot get out of their own way and acknowledge there is a problem.
Again, this is plain ignorance but that will not stop me from continuing to push for change. It is never too late to learn and I hope that this man who I've always had respect for can take the time to educate himself.
https://www.skysports.com/amp/f1/news/1 ... appointing

Unf

dans79 wrote: Then what are you trying to accomplish here?
Hmm... for what reason forum has been made? Maybe...for... discussing?!

dans79 wrote: You aren't going to convince anyone here the Bottas has been a designated #2 since 2017.

You never know. Two post above I put another "mistake" from Mercedes. So far nobody answered :)

dans79

Unf wrote:
21 Jul 2020, 21:05
dans79 wrote: Then what are you trying to accomplish here?
Hmm... for what reason forum has been made? Maybe...for... discussing?!

Well, your points of discussion don't make any sense imo. In this thread You claimed you have known since he was announced that he is a designated #2.

But just last year, you claimed this.
Unf wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 20:16
One thing is clear for Bottas now - he can forget about driver championship now. He's a decent driver but... ha has no "x-factor" if you know what I mean.
Only fresh bloods like leclerc, russel or norris could bite Ham in the same car. But Mercedes will never allow to have that combination. THam vs. Ros drama was enough for them, simply.

It's kind of hard to have a discussion when someone's points of discussion are wildly inconsistent.
201 105 104 9 9 7

Unf

dans79 wrote:
21 Jul 2020, 21:20
Well, your points of discussion don't make any sense imo. In this thread You claimed you have known since he was announced that he is a designated #2.
For you they don't make any sense, for some else maybe they do.
dans79 wrote: But just last year, you claimed this.
Unf wrote:
One thing is clear for Bottas now - he can forget about driver championship now. He's a decent driver but... ha has no "x-factor" if you know what I mean.
Only fresh bloods like leclerc, russel or norris could bite Ham in the same car. But Mercedes will never allow to have that combination. THam vs. Ros drama was enough for them, simply.
It's kind of hard to have a discussion when someone's points of discussion are wildly inconsistent.
Where do you see inconsistent? I have never said that Bottas is faster or at least equal to Hamilton's pace. Bottas is slower with no doubt. But like I siad a year ago and I still pointing - even if somehow Bottas would be ahead - Mercedes will do everything to stop him and let Lewis to beat him, just beacuse Hamilton is totally preffered by the team.

dans79

Last year you claimed he didn't have the needed "x-factor" to beat him, not you are claiming that he can't because the team won't let him. This seems like a shifting goal posts/moving target argument.

At Least that's how your responses reads to me, and based on what others have responded with I don't think I'm alone on this point.
201 105 104 9 9 7

zibby43
zibby43

Unf wrote:
21 Jul 2020, 21:39
dans79 wrote:
21 Jul 2020, 21:20
For you they don't make any sense, for some else maybe they do.
dans79 wrote: But just last year, you claimed this.
Unf wrote:
Where do you see inconsistent? I have never said that Bottas is faster or at least equal to Hamilton's pace. Bottas is slower with no doubt. But like I siad a year ago and I still pointing - even if somehow Bottas would be ahead - Mercedes will do everything to stop him and let Lewis to beat him, just beacuse Hamilton is totally preffered by the team.
If there was a shred of truth to this claim, then Bottas should schedule a psych evaluation as soon as possible for wanting to re-sign another contract with a team that is looking to sabotage his career.

Hopefully, framing it that way will make you realize how off-the-wall such a conspiracy theory is.

Jolle
Jolle

Is this about fuel in the car for the Styrian GP? Wasn't the message instead of "we put more fuel in the car then we thought we did" one that translates to: "at the end, we had to much fuel in the car" (seeing it was a bit of. a gamble how much laps you could do in the wet).