2020 Portuguese Grand Prix - Portimão, October 23 - 25

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
godlameroso

Re: 2020 Portuguese Grand Prix - Portimão, October 23 - 25

So there's still a bunch of speed bumps here?
Saishū kōnā

Racer X

dtro wrote:
22 Oct 2020, 16:23
Racer X wrote:
22 Oct 2020, 15:45
PlatinumZealot wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 17:07

They say the money in his blood was messing up the Covid test readings. :idea:
Perez was asymptomatic never development any symptoms at all just the COVID test and he stayed properly isolated for 2 weeks.

Lance Stroll doesn't really worry about it. Then he traveled back home. It's possible Lance has been going around infecting people. Let's hope it's not the case. At least Hulk is there but it's strange how things are being handled by the Mexican who and then by Lance, when Perez isolated for 2 weeks.
Is it even remotely surprising? Lance Stroll doesn't come across as someone who won't skirt around problems- lost a drive? Buy a team. Got Corona? Pretend like its a stomach bug and go back home.

Part of me finds it funny because these statements come after Jacques Villeneuve essentially called him a spoiled daddy's boy with no thirst to actually succeed that everything gets handed to him.
Then suddenly had had corona on sunday but hes okey now? His Doctor said he didnt have it and as fast as tests go in F1 he hasnt had it. So officially he has not had Corona.

So he allegedly had it sunday but now hes okey?
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

zibby43
zibby43

PlatinumZealot

BrunoH wrote:
22 Oct 2020, 21:03
the repaving was crap.... 2cm instead of the normal 7 like estoril did huge difference, who anyone who went and drove on these 2 knows the difference is huge
What sort of differences, if you could explain?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

dtro
dtro

Racer X wrote:
22 Oct 2020, 21:30
dtro wrote:
22 Oct 2020, 16:23
Racer X wrote:
22 Oct 2020, 15:45

Perez was asymptomatic never development any symptoms at all just the COVID test and he stayed properly isolated for 2 weeks.

Lance Stroll doesn't really worry about it. Then he traveled back home. It's possible Lance has been going around infecting people. Let's hope it's not the case. At least Hulk is there but it's strange how things are being handled by the Mexican who and then by Lance, when Perez isolated for 2 weeks.
Is it even remotely surprising? Lance Stroll doesn't come across as someone who won't skirt around problems- lost a drive? Buy a team. Got Corona? Pretend like its a stomach bug and go back home.

Part of me finds it funny because these statements come after Jacques Villeneuve essentially called him a spoiled daddy's boy with no thirst to actually succeed that everything gets handed to him.
Then suddenly had had corona on sunday but hes okey now? His Doctor said he didnt have it and as fast as tests go in F1 he hasnt had it. So officially he has not had Corona.

So he allegedly had it sunday but now hes okey?
He's going to be feeling sick a lot more often when he's got Seb as a teammate.

So he hasn't had rona? I'm confused now.

Racer X

dtro wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 00:26
He's going to be feeling sick a lot more often when he's got Seb as a teammate.

So he hasn't had rona? I'm confused now.
No i have no idea dude im just saying like its funny the timing
of things and how his Doctor said he didnt have it and the FIA tests have all been negative.
But you're right if hes scared to drive now hes going to be more scared next year.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Juzh

godlameroso wrote:
22 Oct 2020, 21:23
So there's still a bunch of speed bumps here?
https://www.racefans.net/2020/10/23/the ... nal-track/

“When Formula 1 accepted the opportunity to go into Portimao they basically asked us to fix that for the race. And then Moto GP came over. So our task initially was just to fix it for Formula 1 and then they told us, OK, also Moto GP is coming. OK, very good but the tolerances are different – for bikes [they] are more restricted.”

I think they probably neutered the track quite a bit.

Mogster

Moto GP riders are unhappy racing anywhere that isn’t billiard table smooth it seems. The demands of high level cars and Moto GP are becoming increasingly incompatible.

Mogster

FP1 underway. Drivers reporting low grip, cars seem to be sliding a lot. Sainz calling it “Tokyo Drift” on the radio :D

T4 looking tricky. Everyone going of at T1...

MtthsMlw

The elevation changes especially between 8 and 9 must feel incredible.

BrunoH
BrunoH

PlatinumZealot wrote:
22 Oct 2020, 21:37
BrunoH wrote:
22 Oct 2020, 21:03
the repaving was crap.... 2cm instead of the normal 7 like estoril did huge difference, who anyone who went and drove on these 2 knows the difference is huge
What sort of differences, if you could explain?
Yes, so first the tarmac is more prone to still have ´´bumps´´ because you have less of a dense and more straight level.
2- since its the ´´wear´´ part of the tarmac you will have less bitumen over time. and the first days you can see the bitumen coming off like oil... you look at estoril and the track is Dark Black all over! full of the good stuff :)
Here in Portimao is more ´´grey´´ meaning less of the bitumen is available in the track.

3- when you have high powered or heavier cars, the tarmac can quickly start to ´´roll under´´ meaning, under the braking zones and with these F1 cars, the tarmac is getting pushed forward over time. with just 2cm i wold say by sunday the track should already have some effects on the braking zones, so the feel of vibrations under braking coming from the track itself and not the tires little because its only a race weekend but it will some.

there is a reason the FIA recommends above 5, the minimum of the wear thread is 2 so they did the cheapest...

there is also longevity issues but when you go on a GT car as i did i can feel the difference it so i can only imagine in an F1 car.
Ps- i think they did after the new tarmac already some ´´shaving´´ of some parts. Not ideal but better than doing nothing. maybe for this year not an issue since its fresh! but if they have f1 next year, 100% they are going to have to do it all over again....

63l8qrrfy6
63l8qrrfy6

Honda burning oil confirmed xD

etusch

fumes from Verstappen engine ? what was it ?

etusch

Mudflap wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 13:03
Honda burning oil confirmed xD
First I said pu died then I saw he keeps going. Then I thought same, are they going that route ?