2020 Portuguese Grand Prix - Portimão, October 23 - 25

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
V12-POWER
V12-POWER

Re: 2020 Portuguese Grand Prix - Portimão, October 23 - 25

dans79 wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 21:41
etusch wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 21:25
Don't force yourself so hard ? If Stroll is not aware verstappen out there he must be immidiatly banned from racing. It is not matter Verstappen was in the mirror or not.
All F1 cars have blind spots, and it's not the other drivers job to make sure Max is never inconvenienced in any way.... Max himself has complained about the blindspot in the past.

As I have said several times now, Max wasn't on the optimal racing line for a hot lap. Thus, he should have backed out of it long before the breaking zone, because it was obvious he wasn't going to get passed stroll, and stroll was under no obligation to let him by!
you’re saying stroll never saw max because of a blind spot? LOL

the things one has to read here are incredible. If stroll in fact “couldn’t” see max then he has no place in F1. There is simply no way he didn’t see him, utter bs

and by the way, max was completely wrong too, no driver is justified here. But a big, big and serious offense if lance stroll cannot see a car that clearly had no intentions to let go during the whole straight

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Your name has to be "Hamilton" to get a penalty in F1, lol.

piast9
piast9

As was said before here - I think Verstappen tried to do a Senna to Stroll. He had the inside line which should make him brake earlier to make the corner which Stroll had the racing line into.

But anyway - everyone says its a racing incident. But it was not a race, it was a bloody free pracice session when it should be wise not to race and yield if you are not in the racing line.

TAG

NathanOlder wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 23:48
To me its very clear Max was just trying to ruin Strolls lap, as Stroll was in his way and wrecked his chance through bad judgement by max's engineer.
There's a thread round here about Verstappen never winning a championship. Incidents such at this is the reason that thread exists. The guy's learned so little in the five years he's been an F1 driver. He's such a talent though.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Dazed1
Dazed1

Phil wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 22:07
dans79 wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 17:12
El Scorchio wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 17:06
What a crazy, stupid collision between Stroll and Verstappen. Pair of idiots.
No idea what Max was thinking.... He wasn't on the optimum racing line, but he still thought it was still a good idea to go for a push lap!
This.

I am in disbelief what Verstappen was thinking here.

1.)
He was not on the racing line

2.)
He wasnt getting past on the straight, Stroll was indeed faster, indication of being on a “hot lap” with DRS open

3.)
Stroll was ahead. At all times.

4.)
Verstappen was right in Strolls blindspot.

5.)
Even assuming Stroll would have backed out last second and yielded, what good would of come off that lap being that compromized into T1? There was no point to stay on it.

I’m quite frankly surprised no penalty was issued. For me, 100% Max’s fault. Cant help but think if another driver was involved we’d have gotten something. Either way, glad at the same time, as i’m not a fan of incidents during practice carying over to the race.
This incident reminds me of Ocon/Max in Brazil.

NathanOlder

TAG wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 01:14
NathanOlder wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 23:48
To me its very clear Max was just trying to ruin Strolls lap, as Stroll was in his way and wrecked his chance through bad judgement by max's engineer.
There's a thread round here about Verstappen never winning a championship. Incidents such at this is the reason that thread exists. The guy's learned so little in the five years he's been an F1 driver. He's such a talent though.
Totally agree. I feel its the redbull wrap him in cotton wool treatment. They never blame him ever and always tell him he's right. Even when he's not. Although today Horner said it was 50/50. If Horner said 50/50 , it was probably more 75/25 Max's fault. I'm sure Horner and Marko have explained to Max by now how Stroll should have pitted or maybe just stopped the car on the straight :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Sieper

Stroll was unwilling to do just that. I guess he rather parked it in the gravel. I bid you goodnight.

dans79

Sieper wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 01:56
Stroll was unwilling to do just that. I guess he rather parked it in the gravel. I bid you goodnight.
Stroll was on the racing line and on a fastlap, there is no reason whatsoever that he should yield to Max. He ended up in the gravel because of another red mist / brain fade moment from Max.
201 105 104 9 9 7

Espresso
Espresso

Sieper wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 01:56
Well team instructed Stroll to go full out with empty batteries and overheated tires.

If one is to blame it's the team and not Stroll.
Only blame is Stroll should have realized it was wrong and he should have known Max was somewhere...

Same as they didn't test Stroll jr. and sr. so they could travel home. Same as not informing FIA Stroll was tested positive.....after he got over it.
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

falonso81

Racer X

So I hope the driver's have turn 14 down it seemed to spin lots of driver's out.
I wonder if thats an accident waiting to happen.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

El Scorchio

Masi/race control have redifined track limits overnight. Now it’s not the white line at certain corners.

Why change it? No need to whatsoever. Absolute clowns. TV commentary rightly calling them out on the continuing nonsense of track limits.

RZS10

It was after the drivers' meeting, i believe they claimed that it was hard to see where they are on the curb, given that they exceeded track limits 125 times, 43x corner1 and 82x corner4 and that with a massively shortened FP3 thanks to the incapable track marshalls ... the FIA probably realized that they would end up penalizing pretty much every driver in the race

Big Tea

RZS10 wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 12:19
It was after the drivers' meeting, i believe they claimed that it was hard to see where they are on the curb, given that they exceeded track limits 125 times, 43x corner1 and 82x corner4 and that with a massively shortened FP3 thanks to the incapable track marshalls ... the FIA probably realized that they would end up penalizing pretty much every driver in the race
should maybe put walls there, they would know then.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

RZS10

Big Tea wrote:
24 Oct 2020, 12:20
should maybe put walls there, they would know then.
Yes, actually - such a structure would make it easier to see track limits ... i don't understand the whining because of ~40cm more track available to the drivers ... :roll: