[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
toraabe
toraabe

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

Big Tea wrote:
31 Oct 2020, 21:59
6 of 12 wrote:
31 Oct 2020, 21:46
If I were Marko, I would have sacked Albon by next race. His poor pace aside, his whiny attitude is not what RB can be looking for :-({|=
But who do you replace him with? Gasly was , erm, Ghastly in that seat, so they bomb him out.
He goes to AT and surprise, he is not so bad a driver after all. Albon seems to be s good as Gasly, until he gets 'the other car' with Max.

Two good drivers have been very poor in that car. They change one, and it is the same result. maybe it is not the driver that is at fault? Red Bull seem to have come to this conclusion, or he would be gone by now.

The only driver I think could be any better than the two they tried is Kimi, but he is signed. Otherwise it will be a driver 'going through the motions' rather than racing. A test driver in fact.

I like Hulk, but he can only drive what is there and I do not think he is much better than Albon or Gasly.
it is the 'poison chalice' of F1
Do you remember Jolyon Palmer. He said that Hulk drove in circles around him.

Big Tea

toraabe wrote:
11 Nov 2020, 13:29
Big Tea wrote:
31 Oct 2020, 21:59
6 of 12 wrote:
31 Oct 2020, 21:46
If I were Marko, I would have sacked Albon by next race. His poor pace aside, his whiny attitude is not what RB can be looking for :-({|=
But who do you replace him with? Gasly was , erm, Ghastly in that seat, so they bomb him out.
He goes to AT and surprise, he is not so bad a driver after all. Albon seems to be s good as Gasly, until he gets 'the other car' with Max.

Two good drivers have been very poor in that car. They change one, and it is the same result. maybe it is not the driver that is at fault? Red Bull seem to have come to this conclusion, or he would be gone by now.

The only driver I think could be any better than the two they tried is Kimi, but he is signed. Otherwise it will be a driver 'going through the motions' rather than racing. A test driver in fact.

I like Hulk, but he can only drive what is there and I do not think he is much better than Albon or Gasly.
it is the 'poison chalice' of F1
Do you remember Jolyon Palmer. He said that Hulk drove in circles around him.
But comparing him to Gasly after his return to AT, it would not be an easy choice. I know Hulk was unlucky, and Gasly lucky, but a win is a win and lots of good finishes cannot be a fluke.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Wouter

The last run on this third day over the famous bridge started with Alex and Pierre.
Promotional film shootings have started on the Bosphorus Bridge. Pierre started first.

Max also has arrived in Istanbul. The last part of the journey by helicopter.

ImageImage
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Mattchu

It`s not contstantinople...sorry I`ll get my coat :oops:

Mattchu

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Marti_EF3

Mattchu wrote:
11 Nov 2020, 20:34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNUsOaB5V2c
Well, it was Constantinople until 1453 :lol: :lol:

Zynerji

Mattchu wrote:
11 Nov 2020, 20:34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNUsOaB5V2c

The Tiny Toons version is my fav! 🤣🤣🤣

adrianjordan

etusch wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 19:36
Everything was ready to go İstanbul to watch race but unfortunately they decided to make it without spectators. None sense for me but it is what it is. I have no intention to follow it anymore after last race vsc incident.
Nonesense?

You haven't heard that there's a global pandemic gripping the world then with most of Europe in the midst of a second wave?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Kingshark
Kingshark

A few questions:

1. How much will the floor cuts for 2021 hurt Red Bull compared to Mercedes? I know that Red Bull has a shorter wheelbase and higher rake than Mercedes, but who is it more likely to affect?

2. Why has Red Bull made the decision to develop the RB16 all the way until the end of the season, when Mercedes decided to stop development of the W11 months ago?

etusch

adrianjordan wrote:
12 Nov 2020, 20:55
etusch wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 19:36
Everything was ready to go İstanbul to watch race but unfortunately they decided to make it without spectators. None sense for me but it is what it is. I have no intention to follow it anymore after last race vsc incident.
Nonesense?

You haven't heard that there's a global pandemic gripping the world then with most of Europe in the midst of a second wave?
yes completely nonesense. Counteries looks as if they are taking countermeasures but it is obvious that it doesn't work. It got cold and infection rised, this times people normally get caught by infection. when it get hotter then infection will get lower. You can not say "I did something and sun rised"
second point there is no lockdown and people can go out, can go marketplaces. So people would not be more close to each other than they already are in daily life, if they would go to watch the race.

Espresso
Espresso

Kingshark wrote:
13 Nov 2020, 07:16
A few questions:

1. How much will the floor cuts for 2021 hurt Red Bull compared to Mercedes? I know that Red Bull has a shorter wheelbase and higher rake than Mercedes, but who is it more likely to affect?

2. Why has Red Bull made the decision to develop the RB16 all the way until the end of the season, when Mercedes decided to stop development of the W11 months ago?
1. Because all the decisions to seemingly give more equal competition...
...does hurt Merc the least.

a. Nose section; they developed the cape in anticipation, it hurt all teams with a rake most.
b. Floor section; they already got the most Down Force and Engine (still not maximized in performance), this also hurts team with a rake the most...
* But it will give teams an idea for the development of the 'new F1 car' and if there designs could work.

2. Merc moves development as soon as they can calculate the championship is within reach.
More then logical to do it. Why put in resources when you don't really need it.

a. Let it seems like its a fair competition between teams to the outside world.
Let some other teams be on the podium...folks will remember the 'final' part of the season.
b. Get a head start in comparison to other teams
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

Wouter

Marko confident
Red Bull and Honda: "A tendency towards the good"

A development stop is needed. Then, after Honda withdrew at the end of 2021, Red Bull could continue with the Japanese engines on its own. Recently, Ferrari and Renault resisted this "engine freeze". Before the Grand Prix in Istanbul, Helmut Marko said: "There is a tendency towards good."

Helmut Marko last said that he would not get on the plane to Japan with a “maybe”. But now it's fixed: Red Bull's motorsport boss jets to the Honda officials next week. A clear indication that the collaboration will continue after 2021, isn't it? "Nothing is official yet, but there are talks and it looks like a compromise can be reached," said Marko. “Because certain changes will still take place at Ferrari and Renault in the engine area.
Therefore, the 'engine freeze' would not happen at the end of 2021, but at the beginning of 2022. "
https://www.krone.at/2274946
The Power of Dreams!

Marti_EF3

Then Honda will develop the engine being a third party for 2022 season? Also, which will be the PU brand? Mugen?