[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Revs84
Revs84

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

maguetox wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 20:57
Marti_EF3 wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 20:52
That's what I call a --- race. And the winner is who always is on all incidents in the first lap. What a fuc**** disaster, and hope he wont be in RB next year
I don't like Checo at all, but I think is the best bet the RBR can do if they want to really fight against Marcedes. With only Max is not possible.
The incident was caused by Leclerc. Verstappen was so unlucky to get blocked at the start. He had the speed to win this race without any doubt.

Perez surely made a case for that 2nd seat in the last races, and especially today. However, I'll stick to what I said a few weeks ago. The RB16 is just too hard a car to extract potential from, that it's almost guaranteed that almost any driver coming in will not fare much better than Albon and Gasly did.

On a similar note, without taking any credit away from Russell - as I believe he is one of the top drivers in F1 right now, the W11 seems like a charm to drive.

All in all goes to show how great of a driver Max really is.

lio007

Marti_EF3 wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:07
lio007 wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:05
Marti_EF3 wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:00

Also Gasly is, right? But well, if you want scenes like Perez-Ocon or even Webber-Vettel. Then yes, pick him
Don't get me wrong. I think we just need an improvement compared to Alex. He's a really nice guy, but his performance is not on a top-team level. Otherwise WCC is impossible.
Yeah, I understand your point. But I've big doubts about the athmosphere in the team if Checo gets in... He's a talented driver, but I'm worried if that becomes a double edge knife...
It will be a tough decision that has to be taken.
It's a bit annoying that Alex is doing everything to lose his seat. If he'd just perform better, he would be the ideal 2nd driver. A modest, calm guy that is happy to be in a top team.

Jaisonas
Jaisonas

Marti_EF3 wrote:
That's what I call a --- race. And the winner is who always is on all incidents in the first lap. What a fuc**** disaster, and hope he wont be in RB next year
I understand you have a hateboner for Checo but he literally did nothing wrong in lap 1. Driving from p18 to victory is not something many do easily and redbull will be complete idiots if they dont put him in the car.
And no Hulkenberg has had his chances for podiums and threw all of them all away. He is not the man. Perez, the occasional podium sitter is the man that should be there.

Marti_EF3

Jaisonas wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:53
Marti_EF3 wrote:
I understand you have a hateboner for Checo but he literally did nothing wrong in lap 1. Driving from p18 to victory is not something many do easily and redbull will be complete idiots if they dont put him in the car.
And no Hulkenberg has had his chances for podiums and threw all of them all away. He is not the man. Perez, the occasional podium sitter is the man that should be there.
If that's the case, I hope it won't turn into a bad situation for the team. And no, no hate. But he sometimes is involved with incidents for being anxious. It's similar to Montoya. He is the same type of personality

ispano6

On a few occasions this year Checo has gotten in Max's way with Max coming out of it with the short end of the stick.

Checo might be a driver who could be a teammate who could push Max but also be a thorn. Not an easy decision for Red Bull but I would probably take Checo and his funding. Max might prefer Hulkenberg but it doesn't seem like he has much say in who his teammate is. Alex will probably be relegated to reserve/development driver.

billamend
billamend

Checo would be a disaster for RB. Not only will be miles away from Verstappen, but will also create problems within the team. I would much much rather have Hulkenberg in that seat.

rogazilla
rogazilla

I am of the opinion that Perez and Stroll ‘s form this year has much to do with the car. That said in any metric, stroll should be the one sacked or in actuality that Vettle should not be hired in racing points seat. I would like Red Bull to retain Albon and yes I am biased. However, to all the doubter, put checo in that seat and if he is truly close and match Max then I say good for him. My opinion, he will have the same gap to Max just like Gas and Alb. I think that’s why they kept Gas in AT because they know the quality of their drivers and the nature of their cars.

Sieper

Also. People forget easily, but hulk and Perez were evenly matched and hulk did great earlier this year in the pink Mercedes.

zeph
zeph

rogazilla wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 00:23
I am of the opinion that Perez and Stroll ‘s form this year has much to do with the car. That said in any metric, stroll should be the one sacked or in actuality that Vettle should not be hired in racing points seat. I would like Red Bull to retain Albon and yes I am biased. However, to all the doubter, put checo in that seat and if he is truly close and match Max then I say good for him. My opinion, he will have the same gap to Max just like Gas and Alb. I think that’s why they kept Gas in AT because they know the quality of their drivers and the nature of their cars.
I believe Checo would be closer to Verstappen than the guys you mention; I'd say maybe even as close as Ricciardo was at the time. I guess we'll never know. Somehow it doesn't seem like a good fit, Perez and RBR.

godlameroso

Revs84 wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:13
maguetox wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 20:57
Marti_EF3 wrote:
I don't like Checo at all, but I think is the best bet the RBR can do if they want to really fight against Marcedes. With only Max is not possible.
The incident was caused by Leclerc. Verstappen was so unlucky to get blocked at the start. He had the speed to win this race without any doubt.

Perez surely made a case for that 2nd seat in the last races, and especially today. However, I'll stick to what I said a few weeks ago. The RB16 is just too hard a car to extract potential from, that it's almost guaranteed that almost any driver coming in will not fare much better than Albon and Gasly did.

On a similar note, without taking any credit away from Russell - as I believe he is one of the top drivers in F1 right now, the W11 seems like a charm to drive.

All in all goes to show how great of a driver Max really is.
The RB16 is a difficult car to drive, but maybe the RB16B is a little better?

In any case one more race. One more chance for Verstappen to have a good result and not the ol' punterino.

Last year the Red Bull was .36 seconds off pole. Most of it lost on the straights and the final sector. We saw the upgrades allow the car to perform much better at slow corner tracks with 90 degree turns, the car aced sector 3 in Sochi despite being trimmed of wing levels to be fast in the straights.

This bodes well for 90 degree chicane land that is Yas Marina. You can afford to be slow on the cartoon straights because you gain so much more time everywhere else. It's so monotonous, brake, turn, put the power down, put the power down, brake, brake, put the power down, turn turn, put the power down, turn turn.
Saishū kōnā

Racer X

zeph wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 00:46
rogazilla wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 00:23
I believe Checo would be closer to Verstappen than the guys you mention; I'd say maybe even as close as Ricciardo was at the time. I guess we'll never know. Somehow it doesn't seem like a good fit, Perez and RBR.
I'm very doubtful RedBull will take him because I just don't know. But definitely would be a good fit.

If they do take him we will get to see.

But....
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

etusch

I would prefer Russell. They have to push for him.

Bill
Bill

Rbr needs to look at the way they go about their race process to many race incidents to be merely blamed as bad luck they should won both Silverstone race ,Austria with Albon ,one italy race Tuckey and yesterdays race .Rbr should be setting on 5 race wins instead it has been a disaster year. Max think lewis is only winning cause of better car but Lewis has better situational awareness and patient and rarely gets involved in race incidents

Revs84
Revs84

Bill wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 10:07
Rbr needs to look at the way they go about their race process to many race incidents to be merely blamed as bad luck they should won both Silverstone race ,Austria with Albon ,one italy race Tuckey and yesterdays race .Rbr should be setting on 5 race wins instead it has been a disaster year. Max think lewis is only winning cause of better car but Lewis has better situational awareness and patient and rarely gets involved in race incidents
That's why it's so important to start from pole.
Last edited by Revs84 on 07 Dec 2020, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.

etusch

Bill wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 10:07
LH is generally away from incidents. First he starts from pole generally. Second there is no one to pull away from pack generally, even if there is someone he has pace to catch up so no need to hurry. Third, if someone pull away he can get bach what he lost current one at next race. This is almost same for 7 years by now.
Redbull is better to manage the race than mercedes. But maybe it can be said that LH is better than Verstappen about this. Maybe. Because I think verstappen also would be more relaxed, more patient if he would have that much performance gap over rivals, if he would knew he can win next one if not this one.
Last race Max was cautious enough and very clever act to slow down to allow perez and leclerc but only his unluckiness is run off area was not tarmac..
As you said this was very bad season for Redbull as this year is very bad year for the whole world. I don't know if it is same for whole universe :lol:
Hope next year will be redbull honda's year with verstappen.
Last edited by etusch on 07 Dec 2020, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.