[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
DChemTech
DChemTech

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

rogazilla wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 00:23
I am of the opinion that Perez and Stroll ‘s form this year has much to do with the car. That said in any metric, stroll should be the one sacked or in actuality that Vettle should not be hired in racing points seat. I would like Red Bull to retain Albon and yes I am biased. However, to all the doubter, put checo in that seat and if he is truly close and match Max then I say good for him. My opinion, he will have the same gap to Max just like Gas and Alb. I think that’s why they kept Gas in AT because they know the quality of their drivers and the nature of their cars.
That's a bit harsh on Perez. He's consistently shown to be able to snatch podiums whenever the opportunity arose, whether it was in a Sauber, Force India or Racing Point. The mishap at McLaren aside (which, arguably, can be blamed on the car), he's had a very consistent career.

I still do favor Hulk over Perez because I do reckon Perez is more likely to get in trouble with Max occasionally, while RB needs someone fast yet willing to commit to a 2nd driver role. And, while teammates at FI, Hulk and Perez were pretty evenly matched in terms of base pace. But there is no doubt that when it comes to seizing the opportunity, Perez is the clear winner. That deservedly paid of this time, and I do think we can 'blame' that on the driver - at least the part that it's him finishing first and not Stroll, despite the first lap happenings.

PER should be in that 2nd seat. Even though I don’t buy this instability narrative, I don’t know why that’s seen as a bad thing. The last thing Redbull need is to be comfortable, what they need is a wake up.

The top brass are too at ease there; who exactly is under pressure?
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Datco
Datco

Checco is a loose cannon. Remember he drove into someone at Singapore intentionally. And then all the team mate issues to the point that they were told not to race. They only looking good because they driving a merc which is easy to drive. Just look at what George did this weekend barring the mess up with the team.

Jaisonas
Jaisonas

Datco wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 11:49
Checco is a loose cannon. Remember he drove into someone at Singapore intentionally. And then all the team mate issues to the point that they were told not to race. They only looking good because they driving a merc which is easy to drive. Just look at what George did this weekend barring the mess up with the team.
Pretty sure Checco has learned from his mistakes, the same way other drivers have. Not to mention that at that period 2016-18 there hadn't been a driver which Max hadnt crashed into.

Wouter

Datco wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 11:49
This is one of the things he does and why I don't like him. Singapore 2018 (Sirotkin).
Despite that, I thought it was nice yesterday that he achieved his first victory. I had hoped for Russell, but he got a flat tire. :-(

The Power of Dreams!

Marti_EF3

If you want a great driver, go all in for Russell. Now that he have tasted a top car and battling for the win, being in Williams a year more may be frustrating for him. Here is where RB can play with it and try to bring him. A bit optimistic, but in case Max leaves, you have another talent in the team...

Sieper

RBR always went for own academy. They have Yuki coming up.

Marti_EF3

Sieper wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 13:10
RBR always went for own academy. They have Yuki coming up.
Let Yuki 2 years at AT please. We don't need another Gasly/Albon failure for going to RB too early :lol:

Sieper

You can’t use Russell is an in between. Far too good for that.

El Scorchio

Marti_EF3 wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 13:00
If you want a great driver, go all in for Russell. Now that he have tasted a top car and battling for the win, being in Williams a year more may be frustrating for him. Here is where RB can play with it and try to bring him. A bit optimistic, but in case Max leaves, you have another talent in the team...
Never gonna happen. Russell is all but sitting in a Mercedes for 2022 at this point. He'd be a total idiot to be impatient enough to spurn that opportunity. It's clear the team were gushing about him as well. He's one they're not going to let get away.

I'd love to see Perez in the other Red Bull. He really deserves it. Would be very disappointed if they stuck with Albon. Nice kid but his results are just nowhere near good enough. 8th in the championship in a Red Bull, with only two podiums. To only finish 6th yesterday with all the drama surrounding other teams and drivers, with both Mercs, Verstappen and Leclerc out of the running? Very, very poor.

But it'll be Albon or Hulkenberg. I don't think Max wants the legit threat of Perez.

DChemTech
DChemTech

El Scorchio wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 13:54
Marti_EF3 wrote:
Never gonna happen. Russell is all but sitting in a Mercedes for 2022 at this point. He'd be a total idiot to be impatient enough to spurn that opportunity. It's clear the team were gushing about him as well. He's one they're not going to let get away.

I'd love to see Perez in the other Red Bull. He really deserves it. Would be very disappointed if they stuck with Albon. Nice kid but his results are just nowhere near good enough. 8th in the championship in a Red Bull, with only two podiums. To only finish 6th yesterday with all the drama surrounding other teams and drivers, with both Mercs, Verstappen and Leclerc out of the running? Very, very poor.

But it'll be Albon or Hulkenberg. I don't think Max wants the legit threat of Perez.
If Russell does jump to RB, it has some echoes of Perez wasting a Ferrari opportunity to join a sinking McLaren.
Unless of course the 2022 car of RB will be stellar, and the one of MB will be a box. Things can change, there's always a bit of guessing and hoping for the best involved.

lio007

DChemTech wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 14:11
El Scorchio wrote:
Marti_EF3 wrote:

If Russell does jump to RB, it has some echoes of Perez wasting a Ferrari opportunity to join a sinking McLaren.
Unless of course the 2022 car of RB will be stellar, and the one of MB will be a box. Things can change, there's always a bit of guessing and hoping for the best involved.
Never, never, never ever would Wolff let Russel go to RB.
Last edited by lio007 on 07 Dec 2020, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.

El Scorchio

lio007 wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 14:37
DChemTech wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 14:11
El Scorchio wrote:

Never, never, never ever would Wolff Russel let go to RB.
Exactly. There's no point in even entertaining the idea. Not sure Max would really want Russell as a team mate anyway.

etusch

Marti_EF3 wrote:
every move other than russel is a gamble for me.

etusch

El Scorchio wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 14:58
lio007 wrote:
07 Dec 2020, 14:37

Never, never, never ever would Wolff Russel let go to RB.
Exactly. There's no point in even entertaining the idea. Not sure Max would really want Russell as a team mate anyway.
I think Russel also must play his hand. Ask merc to hire him . İf not then go redbull. In this case if they really want him, he can drive at where he deserve, mercedes seat. If they stuck Bottas then he can drive at another seat he deserve. Redbull. Of cource we cannot find good car for every talent. And there are talents. As Sains said it is a shame fia must realise.