2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dans79

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Wouter wrote:
01 Feb 2021, 20:18
dans79 wrote:
01 Feb 2021, 19:25
godlameroso wrote:
01 Feb 2021, 18:19
That's some good paint work.
I took a quick look, and I see some obvious photoshop work. To me, the decals look like old school water slide decals you would get with models as a kid.
Photoshop work? I do not think so.

above the left side of the rear wing and below the right. some of the others photos have this as well.

201 105 104 9 9 7

Macklaren
Macklaren

I think many of those artifacts are from a phone struggling with Portrait Mode

nzjrs

Macklaren wrote:
01 Feb 2021, 20:47
Agree. The phone AI blur background effect is rarely perfect.

In other comments on Instagram she says she painted some of the text so it's not all decals I guess.

Snorked
Snorked

Engine freeze vote on the 21st https://f1-insider.com/en/formula1/red- ... ssion=true
According to Marko, the reason why the four competing teams mentioned hesitated with their yes vote at the last engine summit was due to legal formulations that have now been adjusted.

Important: This means that wobbly candidate Mercedes with its three customer teams Aston Martin, McLaren and Williams would no longer have the opportunity to block the rule change, which is so important for Red Bull. The FIA itself, promoter Liberty and the race track promoters have already sent positive signals in advance.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

nzjrs wrote:
01 Feb 2021, 21:23
Macklaren wrote:
01 Feb 2021, 20:47
Agree. The phone AI blur background effect is rarely perfect.

In other comments on Instagram she says she painted some of the text so it's not all decals I guess.
100% disagree. they're obvious photoshops by somebody with very limited talent in that area.
i don't think the cart itself is fake, i do see a rather botched job of blurring the background,
probably with an outdated, free, photoshop/paintshoppro on an outdated computer.
nothing of importance though, just something notable.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

godlameroso

You guys are haters.
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

dans79 wrote:
01 Feb 2021, 20:43
Wouter wrote:
01 Feb 2021, 20:18
dans79 wrote:
01 Feb 2021, 19:25
I took a quick look, and I see some obvious photoshop work. To me, the decals look like old school water slide decals you would get with models as a kid.
Photoshop work? I do not think so.

above the left side of the rear wing and below the right. some of the others photos have this as well.
@ Dans79,

On closer inspection, I think the rear wing has been photoshopped. She probably did this because it is too difficult for her to make that part, because her hobby is painting. I just really love that she came up with the idea to transform a ride-on car that has been sold all over the world for more than 40 years into an RB16. Even if it had been a car from another team.
The Power of Dreams!

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Snorked wrote:
01 Feb 2021, 21:50
Engine freeze vote on the 21st https://f1-insider.com/en/formula1/red- ... ssion=true
According to Marko, the reason why the four competing teams mentioned hesitated with their yes vote at the last engine summit was due to legal formulations that have now been adjusted.

Important: This means that wobbly candidate Mercedes with its three customer teams Aston Martin, McLaren and Williams would no longer have the opportunity to block the rule change, which is so important for Red Bull. The FIA itself, promoter Liberty and the race track promoters have already sent positive signals in advance.
Interesting development.

It would be ironic if the engine freeze is brought in only to find that Mercedes/Ferrari/Renault had added a good chunk of performance just before the freeze is implemented leaving RedBull on the back foot in PU terms. However, that's the nature of F1 politics these days.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

restless
restless

Wouter wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 09:43
On closer inspection, I think the rear wing has been photoshopped. She probably did this because it is too difficult for her to make that part, because her hobby is painting. I just really love that she came up with the idea to transform a ride-on car that has been sold all over the world for more than 40 years into an RB16. Even if it had been a car from another team.
I see why you think so. But then it can't be "simple" photoshop, cause shadows of rear wing look correct (angle and sizes), both on the back of chassis and on the ground.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

godlameroso wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 04:03
You guys are haters.
why, because you can't distinguish that people simply discuss an obvious photoshop blur, leading to the theory that perhaps more could be 'fake', in a world were more and more is fake, on a forum where anything can and should be discussed?

being aware of a photoshop does not mean anybody is a hater or don't appreciate or like that somebody has done all that hard work and effort for their child. it would rather make you the hater or negative nancy.

matter of fact, i wouldn't be surprised if some of the board members here, including those that might question why there is this blurring, are motivated in these boring covid times to also do something fun for their child.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Jaisonas
Jaisonas

I think the only thing photoshoped here is the blur which was done poorly, the rest is just so jpg'd that it looks fake

Sieper

That blur is an option that gives mobile phone pictures the look and feel of DSLR, or mirrorless cameras depth of field. Good glass can be opened to have a very limited depth of field (and thus a blurred back (and sometimes fore) ground). Phone Camera lenses (allthough very Sharp these days) are tiny and usually can’t be opened that far.

What you are seeing is an error in in the in camera processing to reach that effect. A part of the background is misidentified as part of the car by the alghoritm and left sharp.

I do agree with the motives on desperately trying to talk down what is so blatantly obvious real.

Starscreamer

Hope this will be the new livery [-o<
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

Sieper

looks great!

Also, please remove if inappropriate, see here the 2021 clothing collection (first items), it sports a similar new light blue.

https://f1store.formula1.com/en/t-9885+ ... ource=MKTG

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Sieper wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 17:26
looks great!

Also, please remove if inappropriate, see here the 2021 clothing collection (first items), it sports a similar new light blue.

https://f1store.formula1.com/en/t-9885+ ... ource=MKTG
surprised that the F1 store still mentions RedBull as 'Aston Martin RedBull racing'