2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
the EDGE
the EDGE

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Big Tea wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 17:57
the EDGE wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 17:55
Big Tea wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 17:32

I also think there would only be one place for him to go = AM.

I really can not see him going to Merc, or rather Merc having him, so that leaves Ferrari, who seem to be committing to a new young lineup, unless there is too much friction between drivers.
Maybe if they start to build their own cars, but there’s no way Max will sign for a customer team driving kit-cars
Even if it is regularly finishing infront of him? And of course if he did not see eye to eye with Helmut on something 'important'
AM are not going to be Merc, so he’d be better of in a team that actually stood a chance

Max has an excellent relationship with Toto, it’s well documented as it drives Marko mad, so he’d go Merc

Wouter

the EDGE wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 18:18
Big Tea wrote:
the EDGE wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 17:55
Maybe if they start to build their own cars, but there’s no way Max will sign for a customer team driving kit-cars
Even if it is regularly finishing infront of him? And of course if he did not see eye to eye with Helmut on something 'important'
AM are not going to be Merc, so he’d be better of in a team that actually stood a chance

Max has an excellent relationship with Toto, it’s well documented as it drives Marko mad, so he’d go Merc
Max isn't going anywhere at all. Max is currently in good hands with RBR, which continues with the Honda engine.
We will finally see it......
For the first time right from the first race, RBR has a competitive car with a hell of an engine!
And I'm not kidding, I really think so! \:D/
The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

Wouter wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 18:30
the EDGE wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 18:18
Big Tea wrote:

Max isn't going anywhere at all. Max is currently in good hands with RBR, which continues with the Honda engine.
We will finally see it......
For the first time right from the first race, RBR has a competitive car with a hell of an engine!
And I'm not kidding, I really think so! \:D/
Having the fastest car doesn't guarantee victory, DNFs and things of that nature can upset the order very quickly. Alonso was in a very good position in 2012 until he got Lotus'd in Spa and Japan. IE taken out by Kimi and Romain both Lotus/Renault/Genii drivers at the time. Verstappen only lost to Bottas in 2020 due to reliability he had the legs on him otherwise.

In Turkey he likely had the fastest car but his own overambition got the best of him. Surely one learns from these things and I'm sure he's more mature, that performance in Abu Dhabi was downright clinical.

I'm curious to see how the season turns out. Checo is a big question mark, the RB 16 was faster in the race than the Mercedes in Abu Dhabi, even Albon was catching them at the end. So if the car is better and it's easier to be in that front pack that could certainly help. However if the midfield closes up to that top group, starting in that top group will be even more critical as it will be harder to pass the midfield cars.
Saishū kōnā

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Yeah the real trouble starts when the midfield pack is close enough to the lead that after a pitstop they come out in traffic, not in clean air. This will really spice up the racing massively

godlameroso

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 21:09
Yeah the real trouble starts when the midfield pack is close enough to the lead that after a pitstop they come out in traffic, not in clean air. This will really spice up the racing massively
It'll be a matter of who blinks first, or who can build that gap. If you have more pace and you come out on fresh tires you theoretically have a better chance of passing. Although if the tire difference isn't that great and neither is chassis performance and the track doesn't favor overtaking people will definitely think twice about pitting. A situation like 2019 Hungary where Hamilton chased down Verstappen seems unlikely because the top two cars won't have the pace to lap the field.
Saishū kōnā

Snorked
Snorked

It's official.

Red Bull to takeover the Honda PU - https://www.redbull.com/int-en/redbullr ... ouncement/?

Red Bull Motorsport Advisor, Dr Helmut Marko, said: “We have been discussing this topic with Honda for some time and following the FIA’s decision to freeze power unit development from 2022, we could at last reach an agreement regarding the continued use of Honda’s hybrid power units. We are grateful for Honda’s collaboration in this regard and for helping to ensure that both Red Bull Racing and Scuderia AlphaTauri continue to have competitive power units. The establishment of Red Bull Powertrains Limited is a bold move by Red Bull but it is one we have made after careful and detailed consideration. We are aware of the huge commitment required but we believe the creation of this new company is the most competitive option for both teams.”

Christian Horner, Red Bull Racing Team Principal, added: “This agreement represents a significant step for Red Bull in its Formula One journey. We were understandably disappointed when Honda made the decision to leave the sport as an engine manufacturer, as our relationship yielded immediate success, but we are grateful for their support in facilitating this new agreement. Honda has invested significantly in hybrid technology to ensure the supply of competitive power units to both teams. We now begin the work of bringing the power unit division in-house and integrating the new facilities and personnel into our Technology Campus. In the meantime, we are fully focused on achieving the best possible results in what will be Honda’s final season as an official power unit supplier.”

Jambier

Snorked wrote:
15 Feb 2021, 11:23
It's official. Red Bull to takeover the Honda PU - https://www.redbull.com/int-en/redbullr ... ouncement/?

Red Bull Motorsport Advisor, Dr Helmut Marko, said: “We have been discussing this topic with Honda for some time and following the FIA’s decision to freeze power unit development from 2022, we could at last reach an agreement regarding the continued use of Honda’s hybrid power units. We are grateful for Honda’s collaboration in this regard and for helping to ensure that both Red Bull Racing and Scuderia AlphaTauri continue to have competitive power units. The establishment of Red Bull Powertrains Limited is a bold move by Red Bull but it is one we have made after careful and detailed consideration. We are aware of the huge commitment required but we believe the creation of this new company is the most competitive option for both teams.”
Christian Horner, Red Bull Racing Team Principal, added: “This agreement represents a significant step for Red Bull in its Formula One journey. We were understandably disappointed when Honda made the decision to leave the sport as an engine manufacturer, as our relationship yielded immediate success, but we are grateful for their support in facilitating this new agreement. Honda has invested significantly in hybrid technology to ensure the supply of competitive power units to both teams. We now begin the work of bringing the power unit division in-house and integrating the new facilities and personnel into our Technology Campus. In the meantime, we are fully focused on achieving the best possible results in what will be Honda’s final season as an official power unit supplier.”
Now, they need to inject millions to be one of the motorist of the grid and develop this engine + working on 2025 one

They could try to hire basically all of the Honda guys ?

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

I predict a run of RedBull championships and lots of people moaning about how it's predictable and it's all down to the car. Based on the last time Honda left F1 and where that led, in 5 year's time, RedBull should start to dominate and have a long run of titles. :lol:

(little joke referencing Honda's leaving leading to Mercedes domination, that's all, don't take it seriously)
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Slo Poke
Slo Poke

Just_a_fan wrote:
15 Feb 2021, 11:49
I predict a run of RedBull championships and lots of people moaning about how it's predictable and it's all down to the car. Based on the last time Honda left F1 and where that led, in 5 year's time, RedBull should start to dominate and have a long run of titles. :lol:

(little joke referencing Honda's leaving leading to Mercedes domination, that's all, don't take it seriously)
In five years time..?

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Slo Poke wrote:
15 Feb 2021, 12:06
Just_a_fan wrote:

In five years time..?
Well, Brawn lucked in on a title owing to the double diffuser and outwash front wing debacle. Then it was 4 years until Mercedes started to take titles from 2014. As I said, it was just a bit of fun. Monday morning needs a bit of fun. 8)
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Slo Poke
Slo Poke

Just_a_fan wrote:
15 Feb 2021, 12:13
Slo Poke wrote:
15 Feb 2021, 12:06
Just_a_fan wrote:

In five years time..?
Well, Brawn lucked in on a title owing to the double diffuser and outwash front wing debacle. Then it was 4 years until Mercedes started to take titles from 2014. As I said, it was just a bit of fun. Monday morning needs a bit of fun. 8)
Monday morning needs a bit of fun..? You wouldn’t mind tweeting that sentiment to my Gaffer. Would you!
Oh! An one more thing! The Dutch Fans are drunk mainly, not maybe.
Ya gotta love ‘em.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Huge respect to Honda for making it happen, and I admire Red Bull’s determination and bravery with this move, this is what racing is all about, no guts, no glory!
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Wouter

Ground Effect wrote:
15 Feb 2021, 13:04
Huge respect to Honda for making it happen, and I admire Red Bull’s determination and bravery with this move,
this is what racing is all about, no guts, no glory!
Exactly!
The Power of Dreams!

Jambier

So Red Bull will become an engine supplier in F1 ?
Or are they keeping this year Honda and pray for a 2025 solution ?

Meaning, do they hire the manpower needed to develop this engine and the next generation ?

Holm86

Jambier wrote:
15 Feb 2021, 14:21
So Red Bull will become an engine supplier in F1 ?
Or are they keeping this year Honda and pray for a 2025 solution ?

Meaning, do they hire the manpower needed to develop this engine and the next generation ?
As far as I understand the engines will be frozen from 2022, meaning they will only have to produce the engines, not develop them ...