2021 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

Andres125sx wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 08:34
Lucky wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 19:20
As for Fernando Alonso and Alpine, Lobato was clear. "Alonso is like a bull despite the accident, the years and whatever they want to say ... The Alpine has absolute reliability. I inquired a bit with Fernando and he told me that well, that the job was complete, but that" we are a little lenses ". Entering Q3 is going to be very expensive"
https://www.marca.com/radio/2021/03/17/ ... b4580.html

Lobato doesn´t deserve wasting one minute reading his comments, he´s a radical fanboy, to the point even spanish supporters of Alonso like myself are sick of his fanboyism, and complete lack of objectivity and profesionalism #-o
It's expensive for Lobato to get a Bull from Andres...he thinks Lobato is lenses! :mrgreen: :lol:
Last edited by diffuser on 18 Mar 2021, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.

GoranF1
GoranF1

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 09:45
IIIRAIVA10III wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 22:18
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... uiIQQ.html

Formula 1 test Power Rankings puts Alpine in 4th place. Well, I will take that....
In testing teams can do anything they want with fuel loads, drs, and engine modes. But by Q2-3 teams will be fixed on engine mode- so no extra power modes, consistent fuel and drs detection points. I don’t think RB are that much quicker, I think Perez’s pace is a true representation.. we know that the Renault race mode is solid. Fingers crossed
Here is the thing tho.... Every time, every time the team is not so good on time sheets in testing, it also does not look good to track observers.
This time situation is very strange to me, not so good on time but every single track observer, says Alpine looks nice and planted.
I think Alpine sandbagged a little.
FOM may have more and better Data than usual armchair experts who analize testing.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

IIIRAIVA10III
IIIRAIVA10III

Blackout wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 10:46
Andres125sx wrote:
Lucky wrote:
As for Fernando Alonso and Alpine, Lobato was clear. "Alonso is like a bull despite the accident, the years and whatever they want to say ... The Alpine has absolute reliability. I inquired a bit with Fernando and he told me that well, that the job was complete, but that" we are a little lenses ". Entering Q3 is going to be very expensive"

Lobato doesn´t deserve wasting one minute reading his comments, he´s a radical fanboy, to the point even spanish supporters of Alonso like myself are sick of his fanboyism, and complete lack of objectivity and profesionalism #-o
But is his information reliable or not :?: :P
He is the most iconic spanish f1 journalist and has a ''close'' relationship with Fernando and his circle. Also fernando himself has said today in another interview that the team still has to understand some things about the car to unlock its potencial. So maybe its true that Alonso said to Lobato that they are still a little bit slow but maybe they figure what is wrong before the first gp.

poloHRT

Blackout wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 10:46
Andres125sx wrote:
Lucky wrote:

But is his information reliable or not :?: :P
He has a direct link to FA so the answer should be yes, but his opinion is absolutely biased.

Jambier

With an almost 2019 chassis we can’t expect Alpine to be quick

But only 2022 matters for them.

This year there will be RB and Mercedes pushing and the others working on 2022

stan_french
stan_french

GoranF1 wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 15:35
PowerandtheGlory wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 09:45
IIIRAIVA10III wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 22:18
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... uiIQQ.html

Formula 1 test Power Rankings puts Alpine in 4th place. Well, I will take that....
In testing teams can do anything they want with fuel loads, drs, and engine modes. But by Q2-3 teams will be fixed on engine mode- so no extra power modes, consistent fuel and drs detection points. I don’t think RB are that much quicker, I think Perez’s pace is a true representation.. we know that the Renault race mode is solid. Fingers crossed
Here is the thing tho.... Every time, every time the team is not so good on time sheets in testing, it also does not look good to track observers.
This time situation is very strange to me, not so good on time but every single track observer, says Alpine looks nice and planted.
I think Alpine sandbagged a little.
FOM may have more and better Data than usual armchair experts who analize testing.
You are right, Marcin Budkowski did say that they didnt really focus on performance runs in Bahrain, but rather on the aero and understanding the car. They want to do that more during the race weekend. They also haven't done any short run pace apparently. They're waiting for quali to show that.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

I think Alpine will do fine, but it's not going to be podium on merit from the get-go, and that's where Alonso probably conciders the car 'a bit slow' because that's the aim, that's the goal, and anything BUT that will be 'slow' or 'behind'. It is however the natural position of Alpine right now.

Alpine's not going to suddenly be competing against Mercedes anyway, and it would be remarkable if they'd be able to compete with RedBull, as that would mean essentially they could take the fight a bit to Mercedes. Again, just no way. In due time perhaps.

Alpine's 'window' of competition thus starts at P5 at the very best, as you'd need to realize Mercedes and RedBull will be genuinly occupying P1,P2,P3 and P4.
That means P3 in the WCC standings with a little LUCK.

However, competition is fierce, strong, and bold. They are up against Mclaren, with Mercedes power. Ricciardo definately is an asset, but Alonso is too. I'd concider Ocon and Norris actually a bit similar in their regards so driver-wise, the teams are probably pretty equal. Alonso is wise, fast, and experienced but Daniel isn't to be messed with either. Mclaren did do better in 2020 and it's not unlikely they wouldn't repeat that for 2021, the Merc engine probably would help them with that too.
So they're in the fight for P5 to P8 in all fairness. P3, P4 in the WCC.

Then there is Aston Martin, which have been going at it pretty baller style too and they're definately going to be up there too. They MIGHT even come out on top. They've got Vettel as the 'star' driver, and Stroll aswell. I think Vettel could be concidered in more or less the same range as Alonso and Ricciardo. Stroll is a bit of a blur, i think he's generally equal to Norris and Ocon, but perhaps a bit more sensitive. Either way, Aston Martin thus is also in that same league.

This means that Alpine is in a window starting at P5, and now up all the way to P10. This fits with making Q3.

However, then there's also Ferrari. Ferrari surely will have improved. I do concider Leclerc-Sainz a bit 'lesser'than the other teams, as i still hold LeClerc below Alonso,Vettel,Ricciardo. I'd set him just between Ricciardo and Norris for example. Sainz i'd concider more or less on that level too, leaning a bit to Stroll but when on fire he's really amazing though.
Still, i'd concider Ferrari's drivers just a tad below, but Ferrari as a team has the investment, resources and 'demand' to 'fix' their defecit regarding last season.
I don't think Ferrari is P3 from the get-go in the WCC (P5,P6 racing) but i'd concider them P8 to P10 from the start.
Concidering that these cars 'fighting' with eachother also slows them down during racing, i can see how Alonso is a bit 'pessimistic' if you will.

The car is definately capable of P5. With some good strategy, some luck, they are definately also Podium contenders.
however, all the competition around them will 'open' the window all the way to P12. So yeah, they could miss out on Q3 even.

I'd say P1 to P4 are between RBR and AMG. That's their league, with Mercedes most likely to be on top.

then P5 to P12 are between Alpine, Mclaren, Aston Martin, Ferrari.

Then P13 to P16 are probably between Alpha Tauri and Alfa Romeo.

P17 to P20 are between Haas and Williams.

So we'd be looking essentially at 4 leagues. Alonso hoped/wants to be in the first league, but finds himself in the second league.

Alpha Tauri and Alfa Romeo might finish P8 to P12 on pace aswell, but that's partially down to the race weekend's unwinding and to the fact that the 2nd 'league' fighting eachother will ultimately slow them down and get AT and AR in the game.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

godlameroso

GoranF1 wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 19:29
Lucky wrote:
Lenses and expensive? Maybe someone who knows Spanish can translate that better? I guessing "Lenses" would be problems and "expensive" would be difficult
"Lentillos" basically a bit sluggish. It'll be hard, and one will have to dig deep to make it to Q3.
Saishū kōnā

PlatinumZealot

For the first time I am concerned for Ocon alongside Alonso. Reports are Alonso is at it again playing politics to turn Alpine into "his team." Ocon is sort of overlooked already and Alonso is working psychologically suppress Ocon's speed at least. Granted Ocon is no where as fast to peak Alonso, but signs are showing that he is faster than the post sabattical Alonso. It will take some time for Alonso to get back on form but that is too long to prevent embarrassment so Alonso is working assidiuosly to ensure he has every advantage.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

RedNEO

PlatinumZealot wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 23:48
For the first time I am concerned for Ocon alongside Alonso. Reports are Alonso is at it again playing politics to turn Alpine into "his team." Ocon is sort of overlooked already and Alonso is working psychologically suppress Ocon's speed at least. Granted Ocon is no where as fast to peak Alonso, but signs are showing that he is faster than the post sabattical Alonso. It will take some time for Alonso to get back on form but that is too long to prevent embarrassment so Alonso is working assidiuosly to ensure he has every advantage.

RedNEO

Team work is the dream work 😀💪

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Quite intriguing I must say, do you have a link to any of these reports? A lot of stories get formulated these days to generate clicks, but there are some trustworthy sources out there.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Andres125sx

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Might you clarify if this is based on some report, comment from some team member, article from some journalist, or just your speculation?

Anycase its funny to read the post sabattical Alonso. He´s been two years out of F1

2019: Indianapolis, WEC championship, LeMans and Daytona
2020: Indianapolis and Dakar

He won WEC title, LeMans and Daytona, not bad for two sabattical years :P

Andres125sx

RedNEO wrote:
20 Mar 2021, 02:46
PlatinumZealot wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Juzh

Andres125sx wrote:
20 Mar 2021, 13:49
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Might you clarify if this is based on some report, comment from some team member, article from some journalist, or just your speculation?

Anycase its funny to read the post sabattical Alonso. He´s been two years out of F1

2019: Indianapolis, WEC championship, LeMans and Daytona
2020: Indianapolis and Dakar

He won WEC title, LeMans and Daytona, not bad for two sabattical years :P
WEC title without competition doesn't really mean anything, it's why it's almost never brought up. That year was a farce.