2021 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

Oh, innocent posters. Have you not learned from past trends? Please read the interviews. It's as clear as day. I will say no more on this; it's too enjoyable when those "oh snap PZ was right!" moments come around.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Racing Green in 2028

Blackout

Thanks Andres125sx and IIIRAIVA10III (about Lobato)
PlatinumZealot wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2021, 14:08
Oh, innocent posters. Have you not learned from past trends? Please read the interviews. It's as clear as day. I will say no more on this; it's too enjoyable when those "oh snap PZ was right!" moments come around.
Is this still relevant ? Image

viewtopic.php?p=950688#p950688

wowgr8
wowgr8

Manoah2u wrote: ↑
19 Mar 2021, 12:38
However, then there's also Ferrari. Ferrari surely will have improved. I do concider Leclerc-Sainz a bit 'lesser'than the other teams, as i still hold LeClerc below Alonso,Vettel,Ricciardo. I'd set him just between Ricciardo and Norris for example. Sainz i'd concider more or less on that level too, leaning a bit to Stroll but when on fire he's really amazing though.
Still, i'd concider Ferrari's drivers just a tad below, but Ferrari as a team has the investment, resources and 'demand' to 'fix' their defecit regarding last season.
I don't think Ferrari is P3 from the get-go in the WCC (P5,P6 racing) but i'd concider them P8 to P10 from the start.
You hold current Vettel at Ricciardo and Alonso level? You also hold Vettel at a higher level than Leclerc?

Claiming Ferrari have a worse lineup than Aston Martin is laughable, they have an at least equal lineup to McLaren

diffuser

wowgr8 wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2021, 17:33
However, then there's also Ferrari. Ferrari surely will have improved. I do concider Leclerc-Sainz a bit 'lesser'than the other teams, as i still hold LeClerc below Alonso,Vettel,Ricciardo. I'd set him just between Ricciardo and Norris for example. Sainz i'd concider more or less on that level too, leaning a bit to Stroll but when on fire he's really amazing though.
Still, i'd concider Ferrari's drivers just a tad below, but Ferrari as a team has the investment, resources and 'demand' to 'fix' their defecit regarding last season.
I don't think Ferrari is P3 from the get-go in the WCC (P5,P6 racing) but i'd concider them P8 to P10 from the start.
You hold current Vettel at Ricciardo and Alonso level? You also hold Vettel at a higher level than Leclerc?

Claiming Ferrari have a worse lineup than Aston Martin is laughable, they have an at least equal lineup to McLaren
Yeah,. I saw that....think LeClerc is arguably one the best drivers out there. How Saint's will measure up with LeClerc is a bit unknown...it will not be by the end of the year....

I have a rule, when you write 10 paragraphs... I can let one thing like that slide.

PlatinumZealot

Blackout wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2021, 14:35
Is this still relevant ? http://www.rf1-forum.com/phpBB3/images/ ... histle.gif

Yes, of course. An unshakeable record of reliability (check my previous predictions) leaves in doubt the person that doubts it. Was it you who said the Alpine air box was wide for CoG reasons? I had mercy on you when the article from the TD came out. I didn't call you out afterward. I make an effort to leave the days of calling out posters in the past because I take no pleasure in it.

Racing Green in 2028

diffuser

20 Mar 2021, 19:39

Yes, of course. An unshakeable record of reliability (check my previous predictions) leaves in doubt the person that doubts it. Was it you who said the Alpine air box was wide for CoG reasons? I had mercy on you when the article from the TD came out. I didn't call you out afterward. I make an effort to leave the days of calling out posters in the past because I take no pleasure in it.
Article from TD?

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

diffuser wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2021, 17:42

Yeah,. I saw that....think LeClerc is arguably one the best drivers out there. How Saint's will measure up with LeClerc is a bit unknown...it will not be by the end of the year....

I have a rule, when you write 10 paragraphs... I can let one thing like that slide.
:lol: :lol:

Let's ignore Vettel's a 4-time world driver champion :lol:
Let's Ignore he is the only driver @ Ferrari that was able to challenge Mercedes & Hamilton for real :lol:

Let's ignore that he has more wins and podiums. let's ignore that Sainz is a NON-RACE WINNER.
Let's ignore that LeClerc is a hothead that came barging in and was clumsy AF in 2020 just as much.

Yeah, Vettel is Alonso and Ricciardo level easily without the Ferrari chaos thrown at his face.

And where do you hold Alonso, really? You dont actually believe he's at the level when he was at his peak, right?
Even when @ Ferrari at a good time he couldn't beat Vettel.
Ricciardo supposedly 'beat' Vettel @ RBR and that makes him better? :lol:

Y'all i have a rule for your posts too though. There's a saying. But i won't mention it though :lol:

Truth will be simple though,
2021 Alpine, having Alonso or not, will be fighting between P5 and P12.
Alpine's lost Daniel, a great driver who with LUCK managed to grab podiums in 2020.
Alonso is a beast, but so was the GOAT Michael, and look what he achieved @ Mercedes.

Vettel will be driving @ Aston, arguably in a better package than Alpine has, never mind even the drivers.

Aston Martin will more likely beat Alpine than Alpine will beat Aston Martin.
Meanwhile, Vettel has recent F1 experience, Alonso is 'coming back'.

It's really not that hard.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Blackout

20 Mar 2021, 19:39

:?:

godlameroso

20 Mar 2021, 20:07
diffuser wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2021, 17:42

Let's ignore Vettel's a 4-time world driver champion :lol:
Let's Ignore he is the only driver @ Ferrari that was able to challenge Mercedes & Hamilton for real :lol:

Let's ignore that he has more wins and podiums. let's ignore that Sainz is a NON-RACE WINNER.
Let's ignore that LeClerc is a hothead that came barging in and was clumsy AF in 2020 just as much.

Yeah, Vettel is Alonso and Ricciardo level easily without the Ferrari chaos thrown at his face.

And where do you hold Alonso, really? You dont actually believe he's at the level when he was at his peak, right?
Even when @ Ferrari at a good time he couldn't beat Vettel.
Ricciardo supposedly 'beat' Vettel @ RBR and that makes him better? :lol:

Y'all i have a rule for your posts too though. There's a saying. But i won't mention it though :lol:

Truth will be simple though,
2021 Alpine, having Alonso or not, will be fighting between P5 and P12.
Alpine's lost Daniel, a great driver who with LUCK managed to grab podiums in 2020.
Alonso is a beast, but so was the GOAT Michael, and look what he achieved @ Mercedes.

Vettel will be driving @ Aston, arguably in a better package than Alpine has, never mind even the drivers.

It's really not that hard.
One Alonso is worth 5 Vettels, remember this is the same Alonso that took the championship to 1 point in a car that was as much as a over a second off the pace.

There are fewer muppets in F1 today so it is unlikely he'll be fighting for the championship, but he's fast enough to mix it up with the midfield. It is up to Renault to provide him with a car that can fight, Renault has been too complacent, them keeping the same chassis is evidence of this complacency.

Alonso has come back to exactly the same situation he left, except he has a more competitive team mate.
Saishū kōnā

GoranF1
GoranF1

"Data suggest Alpine is a fraction behind Mercedes and Mclaren"

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

diffuser

GoranF1 wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2021, 22:59
"Data suggest Alpine is a fraction behind Mercedes and Mclaren"

It's really nice to hear but Bahrain is a straight line track...not a real aero track. Spain is a better track to evaluate how well rounded a car.

So we'll wait hope and Cheer.

PlatinumZealot

20 Mar 2021, 20:07

Stroll has been much stronger and is quite happy with the balance. I cant really say who will come out on top because with Sebastian these days you just don't know which Vettel you're getting. If Vet is not happy with the handling I easily see Alpine sticking to the Aston boys.

Strangely enough some early predictions put Mclaren firmly in third place with Alpine and the rest of the mid-field too close to call.

Racing Green in 2028

Pany
Pany

Reliable and trouble free is easy when using car very similar to previous years. I expect engine to be stronger and team to be more efficient and into good mood after team changes. Alonso will give also a push, at least psicologically. They will be very close to mclaren and ferrari and aston. Drivers will decide outcome this year, not cars. That is why aston will go down, because they have only one valid driver. Renault ha ocon, this year his last chance. I dont like him

Blackout

I expect a way more challenging season for Alpine and a smaller improvement than MCL and AM, because the tub and its packaging are almost 3 seasons old and the PU two seasons old. The latter is said to be a B spec of the 2020 one which was already a B spec of the 2019 PU. It was a good PU but room for improvement has diminished a lot IMO, whereas Honda and Merc and Ferrari are bringing a new PU.

It goes without saying that with an ageing RE20, the chassis must be a hell of a chassis if they want to compete with their opponent... but it is harder to build a great chassis on an ageing base, while focusing on 2022, with limited ressources.

This team is prioritising the 20022 chassis and PU since a handful of seasons, that's why they made these compromises (and went too far in that road in 2019) to save ressources for it, so they definitely wont do a U-turn this year and spend all their energy and ressources on this car.

P6.
Last edited by Blackout on 21 Mar 2021, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

Andres125sx

Juzh wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2021, 14:03
Andres125sx wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2021, 13:49
19 Mar 2021, 23:48
For the first time I am concerned for Ocon alongside Alonso. Reports are Alonso is at it again playing politics to turn Alpine into "his team." Ocon is sort of overlooked already and Alonso is working psychologically suppress Ocon's speed at least. Granted Ocon is no where as fast to peak Alonso, but signs are showing that he is faster than the post sabattical Alonso. It will take some time for Alonso to get back on form but that is too long to prevent embarrassment so Alonso is working assidiuosly to ensure he has every advantage.
Might you clarify if this is based on some report, comment from some team member, article from some journalist, or just your speculation?

Anycase its funny to read the post sabattical Alonso. HeΒ΄s been two years out of F1

2019: Indianapolis, WEC championship, LeMans and Daytona
2020: Indianapolis and Dakar

He won WEC title, LeMans and Daytona, not bad for two sabattical years :P
WEC title without competition doesn't really mean anything, it's why it's almost never brought up. That year was a farce.
Do you say the same about last 6 titles of Lewis, that those doesnΒ΄t really mean anything? That those seasons were a farce?

Same for Senna and Prost titles when McLaren/Honda was so dominant they lapped even the third car in the podium? Senna and Prost titles means nothing as those seasons were a farce?

#-o #-o #-o
Last edited by Andres125sx on 21 Mar 2021, 13:01, edited 1 time in total.