2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CjC
CjC

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

Ferrari and especially Alpha Tauri ran well there last season. Even if the Mclaren suits Imola or not we’ll have a fight on our hands.
I just hope Mercedes sort out this deployment issue then hopefully we can breathe a bit easier
Just a fan's point of view

proteus

SmallSoldier wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 15:15
Herr_Koos wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 04:30
Lando’s overtakes at the beginning of the race:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No last-lap Lando heroics this time, he did the hard work early on. Stellar drive!
It’s interesting that he did the same move on Gasly this race (outside of T4) as he did in 2019 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
New brakes are definetly good.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

godlameroso

Brilliant race from Lando, if he keeps this up, and regularly beats Riccardo it will be a BOON to his brand. Just perfectly controlled all the way.
Saishū kōnā

cheeRS
cheeRS

SmallSoldier wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 04:30
Lando’s overtakes at the beginning of the race:

Beautiful and fair driving. Great stuff from Lando. I think it's going to be a tall order for Danny to win the intra team battle.
Human history is the long terrible story of man trying to find something other than God which will make him happy.

M840TR
M840TR

Looks like it's the rear plaguing RIC's race pace.

billamend
billamend

M840TR wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 20:37
https://i.imgur.com/eAac1kF.jpg

That is super careless, I bet all teams are looking into other teams comms and dash cams. He basically gave away both pit plans.

_cerber1

billamend wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 20:49
That is super careless, I bet all teams are looking into other teams comms and dash cams. He basically gave away both pit plans.
Or you can obscure the tracks by showing false information on the camera. :wink:

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

This made me a bit nervous, but it was awesome driving from both Lando and Daniel:

mwillems

M840TR wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 20:37
https://i.imgur.com/eAac1kF.jpg

It was his rear traction on the exit of corner 2/3 that got him mugged by Lando.
It seems like Lando has got the hang of the car and the new engine quicker than Danny, but I don't expect that Danny will be making those mistakes for much longer, he'll come to terms with the car.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Emag
Emag

Yeah, I expect Daniel to get up to speed very soon. His biggest problem right now seems to be maintaining the pace in the car without ruining the tires, because the speed is definitely there. The race performance makes his qualifying even more impressive to be honest, because he managed to beat Norris on Saturday without feeling 100% there yet with the car.

I am excited to see what Daniel can do with the car once he gets more comfortable.

Mclarensenna

Ric needs a few races to get up to speed for sure. In an interview on the weekend he was asked the question about adjusting to a new car and he said to find the first 90-95% is very easy. But that last 5% is what takes time to learn as every car behaves different. Perez a very experienced driver was also asked this question and he said he needs about 5 races to fully get the hang of the car. Vettel also said he needs more laps to fully adjust as testing too short.

This year was the shortest in F1 history at only 3 half days each driver. So all the guys switching teams need a bit of time to fully adjust and be able to extract the maximum from their cars including Ric!
Ayrton Senna: Pure driving, pure racing, that´s what makes me happy.

diffuser

Mclarensenna wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 03:29
Ric needs a few races to get up to speed for sure. In an interview on the weekend he was asked the question about adjusting to a new car and he said to find the first 90-95% is very easy. But that last 5% is what takes time to learn as every car behaves different. Perez a very experienced driver was also asked this question and he said he needs about 5 races to fully get the hang of the car. Vettel also said he needs more laps to fully adjust as testing too short.

This year was the shortest in F1 history at only 3 half days each driver. So all the guys switching teams need a bit of time to fully adjust and be able to extract the maximum from their cars including Ric!
I hope it's not true but my feeling is vettel's gonna need a life time.

mwillems

Being beaten by Stroll will end his career

I suspect that if Perez was in the car he'd have finished in front of Danny. I'm not sure that the AM has taken a step back just the driver lineup.

Its good for us.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

genarro
genarro

mwillems wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 07:51
Being beaten by Stroll will end his career

I suspect that if Perez was in the car he'd have finished in front of Danny. I'm not sure that the AM has taken a step back just the driver lineup.

Its good for us.
i think not. McLaren was much faster on race pace than the Astons..

Herr_Koos

SmallSoldier wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 22:08
This made me a bit nervous, but it was awesome driving from both Lando and Daniel:

Let's hope they continue to push each other hard but also manage to keep it clean. Carlos and Lando had some fantastic on-track battles but never destroyed each other's races in the process. I've also believed for a long time that Lando will give Danny Ric a much harder time than many people believe. This is super exciting for the future!