2021 Styrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, June 25 - 27

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
siskue2005

Re: 2021 Styrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, June 25 - 27

dans79 wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 23:17
Here is another one max did !

Ridiculous, endangering people on the pit lane and trying to kill the people in the pit wall :evil: 3 place grid drop penalty

Sarcasm off

zibby43
zibby43

dans79 wrote:

I had forgotten about this. Good memory. The amount of power being put down in this situation is immense, and the slightest slip of the pedals could've resulted in a tragedy. The pit lane is an inherently dangerous place, and even if everyone is trying their best to be safe, mistakes can still happen.

Today's penalty for Bottas was one based solely on outcome. I don't think Bottas did anything more inherently dangerous than any other driver does, including when they burn out from their actual garages in testing. As I and others have stated, the 2nd gear choice should've been one that promoted less wheelspin - that was the entire purpose of trying it.

As for the pit stop TD, the entire purpose of it is that RB is automating steps that are supposed to be manual in nature, and then getting a time advantage from it.

It's not a new rule in the middle of the season. It's the enforcement of a rule that already exists - one that I referenced earlier.

dans79

zibby43 wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 23:46
It's not a new rule in the middle of the season. It's the enforcement of a rule that already exists - one that I referenced earlier.
I wish the FIA would post the technical directives, it would put a lot of controversy to bed before it even got started. Transparency is not something the FIA is good at!
201 105 104 9 9 7

Sieper

siskue2005 wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 23:03
dans79 wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 22:59
siskue2005 wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 22:56

Do you have proof that no one ever have not tried anything like that? 🤔
You talk as if bottas is the first driver ever in f1s history to try this!

Max literally did a burn out in austria 2019 in fp1.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/vide ... 26001.html
Wow!
Thank you for sharing that
But that's Almighty MAX who did it, so no one cares
I was waiting for someone to bring this up. Much better comparison than some weak example about starting a race from the grid in any gear.

Almighty Max eh. Nice! The only guy ever to do a burnout. I am very sure nobody can find any images of any other driver in the history of f1 laying rubber out of the pitbox.

1. There usually aren’t any other teams standing around.
2. Car was kept under control.
3. Didn’t do any shenanigans to practice a quicker release and admitted to do so in front of the stewards (which was commendable, Bottas honesty).

In any case, we don’t need a point list, as with any action, it is up for the discretion by the stewards. Mclaren pushed it (with hopes of their both drivers further up the grid) and they found a listening ear. Deal with it, has absolutely nothing to do with the almighty.

zibby43
zibby43

dans79 wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 23:50
zibby43 wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 23:46
I wish the FIA would post the technical directives, it would put a lot of controversy to bed before it even got started. Transparency is not something the FIA is good at!
100% agreed.

siskue2005

Sieper wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 23:57
siskue2005 wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 23:03
dans79 wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 22:59

Max literally did a burn out in austria 2019 in fp1.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/vide ... 26001.html
Wow!
Thank you for sharing that
But that's Almighty MAX who did it, so no one cares
I was waiting for someone to bring this up. Much better comparison than some weak example about starting a race from the grid in any gear.

Almighty Max eh. Nice! The only guy ever to do a burnout. I am very sure nobody can find any images of any other driver in the history of f1 laying rubber out of the pitbox.

1. There usually aren’t any other teams standing around.
2. Car was kept under control.
3. Didn’t do any shenanigans to practice a quicker release and admitted to do so in front of the stewards (which was commendable, Bottas honesty).

In any case, we don’t need a point list, as with any action, it is up for the discretion by the stewards. Mclaren pushed it (with hopes of their both drivers further up the grid) and they found a listening ear. Deal with it, has absolutely nothing to do with the almighty.
Thank you for agreeing my point that Bottas didn't do anything out of the ordinary

1. There are alot of teams members and other standing in the 2 videos of Max above ...and he even boasts about the smoke in that video
2. Cars were kept under control, but it's on limit and could have easily turned to similar situation as today or could have killed anyone
3. How do you know he didn't do any shenanigans ?

And yeah it's normal for everyone to do it and we were lucky nothing happened all these time.
It's nothing to do with Almighty Max, but thank you for agreeing with me that everyone does it and Bottas didn't do anything out of common practice.

Yes mclaren pushed for it, and Masi did it ..seems like these kind off inconsistencies from the FIA side is intolerable for everyone. If they are going to punish everyone for making mistakes then that will get stupid

Datco
Datco

siskue2005 wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 00:10
Bottas didn't do anything out of common practice.

Bottas admitted they were trying something new.
https://www.planetf1.com/news/valtteri- ... a-penalty/
Agree this is a silly penalty but this is nothing unique

siskue2005

Datco wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 00:36
siskue2005 wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 00:10
Bottas didn't do anything out of common practice.

Bottas admitted they were trying something new.
https://www.planetf1.com/news/valtteri- ... a-penalty/
Agree this is a silly penalty but this is nothing unique
But how do we know that no other team has done such things before ?
It may be a new thing for Bottas and Mercedes, but how do we know others don't do it or have tried something like this?
Anyways i am out of this discussion
Let's hope we have a great qualy and race tomorrow

langedweil

--doublepost--
Last edited by langedweil on 26 Jun 2021, 00:55, edited 1 time in total.
HuggaWugga !

langedweil

siskue2005 wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 22:29
ispano6 wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 22:22
siskue2005 wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 21:03

Everyone are biased here for their own agenda, I never claimed to be not, so stop discussing me and come to topic.

I think it's not a 3 place drop worthy mistake.
It's like punishing Max for his spin just before safety car start which could have been dangerous and taken out few drivers behind him.
That is a stretch and completely different setting. There weren't any pit crew or marshals in harms way. Max has nothing to do with Botta's indiscretion in peeling out in the pitlane and potentially hitting pitcrews.
langedweil wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 21:49
siskue2005 wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 21:03
It's like punishing Max for his spin just before safety car start which could have been dangerous and taken out few drivers behind him.
... or backing up backwards from the gravel onto a track with live racing going on ..
Are you guys lost or something? Or my English is not clear? Sorry English is not much first language. :lol:
All I was saying is that it will be equally ridiculous if they punished Max in imola, same as Bottas today... both were driver errors not worth any punishment
Jeez it looks like everyone here are so defensive and touchy, looks like a kindergarten to me. #-o
Hey swa, I was just adding irony ..
I rarely fight or defend, too big for that.
HuggaWugga !

langedweil

siskue2005 wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 23:20
dans79 wrote:

Ridiculous, endangering people on the pit lane and trying to kill the people in the pit wall :evil: 3 place grid drop penalty

Sarcasm off
Hey, he at least had the brakes on ..
😂
HuggaWugga !

siskue2005

langedweil wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 00:52
siskue2005 wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 23:20
dans79 wrote:

Sarcasm off
Hey, he at least had the brakes on ..
😂
Lol true :lol: :lol:

Unc1eM0nty

El Scorchio wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 20:37
TBH I’d like to see similar penalties for cars released into the path of other cars too. If the penalty is harsh enough, teams won’t think about doing it.
This ten fold, yes it was a stupid move, but I've seen a lot worse during a race. If they want to get serious about pit stop safety then they need to be consistent.

djos

Sorry but losing control of your car in a busy pit lane is dangerous, stupid and unprofessional! The penalty was well deserved!
"In downforce we trust"

PlatinumZealot

siskue2005 wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 20:29
Datco wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 20:25
nzjrs wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 20:01
Yeah seems a bit harsh. I thought a bunch of points and a big fine would have done.
I think if they so worried about pit stop systems that have not been the cause if any dangerous situations yet then this is about the least that they could do for something that did go wrong
But I agree it is getting ridiculous. Merc are part of the problem of causing this situation
To mix that with this error shows how biased your opinion is.

A few of the teams talk about the new technical directive in the pits:

Alpine's Alan Permane tells #AMuS: It was high time something happened. The rules demand that humans give the order. If you analyze Red Bull's pit stops, then some processes are below the human response time

Andreas Seidl tells #AMuS: We welcome the FIA ​​initiative because safety at pit stops is very important to us. It's good that it comes now before something happens. The pit stops have become an important battlefield the teams fight hard.

#AMuS Alfa Romeo sports director Beat Zehnder claims: "If you stick to the rule, pit stops under two seconds are not possible."

#AMuS The competition saw a certain automation in this: "At Red Bull, the cars have already been lowered, the impact wrenches were still in the wheel nuts.

#AMuS It was all a single process, started by the sensor message after the wheel nuts were tightened. Press the button, lower it, remove the impact wrench, drive off

Yes the fia is banning automation of pitstops, as evidenced by team principals comments.

What happened to bottas is just an error, a 3 place drop is just too harsh. We have seen much much worse going un punished
That is very serious!! I didn't know it was automated at all. Wowzer! Serious, serious disregard for the spirit of the rules. How have RedBull gotten away with this for so long?! I think penalties should have been applied. Probably some removal of constructors points.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028