2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

Lando 2 tenths from Max on the Medium tire? Wow…. When that kid is on the rhythm is pretty impressive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Xero

FittingMechanics wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 15:34
Mega lap from Norris.

P2 on Mediums!

Ricciardo struggling, he'll have to go on Softs.

Was Perez on a Soft in his second run.
Great lap from Lando! Perez also on mediums.

SilviuAgo

Ricci is starting to look pathetic. Why the hell he tried Mediums when he is so slow? A lap deleted on s0ft and he will start again way back...

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

SmallSoldier wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 15:35
Lando 2 tenths from Max on the Medium tire? Wow…. When that kid is on the rhythm is pretty impressive

It's possible he benefited from Hamilton and the tow on the start finish straight. He got the tow and after the straight Hamilton pulled to the side.

blastdoman
blastdoman

Great lap of Lando. He will not go out again in Q2. Ric more of the same...

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

FittingMechanics wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 15:35

It's possible he benefited from Hamilton and the tow on the start finish straight. He got the tow and after the straight Hamilton pulled to the side.
With the exception of Perez (who went out first), most of them had a tow right? I’m still amazed… He has this weekends every once in a while when he is on it and it’s pretty impressive

geogate
geogate

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 15:32
He didn’t go out again. It was a second run on the same tyre
yeah sorry, assumed he was on softs then saw he did another lap - even better lap than i thought then

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

They will go out again. No way you can risk a p11 compared to a p4-p5

mwillems

SmallSoldier wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 15:31
mwillems wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 15:20
Very strong lap from Lando in Q1, saving a set of tires for Q3… RIC out again and he needed to be out there because he could have easily been dropped out… That was way to close for comfort… RAI could have easily been ahead

Hopefully he didn't peak early with his P2!

Fingers crossed he can nail a front row.

Danny is not getting the car at all. I feel that as much as Lando looks to have a better feel for the braking, Danny is also not compromising his style enough to gain time.
A front row would be amazing, if he puts it all together in Q3 he has a chance I believe.

Regarding RIC, I’m lacking answers… And I hope it’s not the case… I don’t know how much he has been in the simulator during the last several months (at least since testing was over), but the fact that they it was talked a lot only after Monaco makes me think that not that much and that is the worrisome part for me… It’s all about muscle memory, putting laps on the simulator would have helped, I really hope that he is not leaving any stone unturned trying to get back in form with the car.

Yeah it would be a shame in a way, unless he goes on to make it work his way and go faster!

I only have sector three to go off, I might go back and watch previous qualies and look at his corner entries. Maybe its only happened here and he is just struggling.

On to Lando... yeah, a tow would be immense, but looking right now, if he doesn't make a mistake he has a great chance of P2.

One other thing to mention is that with setup, how much closer we are to the front.

Perhaps we aren't as great as extracting the max as other teams as we were all discussing last week?
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

3 tenths between Norris (P5) and Ricciardo (P13). Really tough track to be 3 tenths slower.

But on a softer tyre.

Emag
Emag

It's getting sad now. Can't even match Lando with quicker tires. Shame

mclaren113
mclaren113

Unfortunately clock is ticking for Riccardo

UnaF1
UnaF1

Even Russell was faster than him on MED!??

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Russell just put the Williams in Q3 on the Mediums… Getting both Ferrari’s out in Q2! That is also a mighty drive right there.

Dani out in Q2 in the same position as previous week, same gap as last week with half a second to Lando.

Darth-Piekus

I just can't take it anymore. My eyes are hurting from Danny. I am sorry guys. Mclaren is a team that targets the first place next year. We cannot play charity here. Come on. Every other driver on a new team have found their way. There is no excuse getting beaten by an Alpha Romeo and a Williams who are leagues slower cars. I want Fernando Alonso back.

On the other hand great job from Lando again and both Ferraris are out of Q3.