2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Shader

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

Ric has no excuses anymore. It's a disgrace of performance. He is seriously hurting teams point score in the standings. He needs to deliver by mid season or be replaced.

mwillems

FittingMechanics wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 15:43
3 tenths between Norris (P5) and Ricciardo (P13). Really tough track to be 3 tenths slower.

But on a softer tyre.
Three tenths here is a big gap.

He was also beaten by Russell in the Williams.

You can't get mad with a guy like Daniel, but ill admit I'm losing faith that we will see an improvement before next year.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Really a shame that Sainz got poached by Ferrari.

I thought Ricciardo was an upgrade, now I am not sure that is true.

mwillems

FittingMechanics wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 15:43
3 tenths between Norris (P5) and Ricciardo (P13). Really tough track to be 3 tenths slower.

But on a softer tyre.
Deleted, duplicate post.
Last edited by mwillems on 03 Jul 2021, 15:50, edited 1 time in total.

-Bandit

geogate
geogate

honestly can't see him being replaced

ScottR267
ScottR267

Darth-Piekus wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 15:46
I just can't take it anymore. My eyes are hurting from Danny. I am sorry guys. Mclaren is a team that targets the first place next year. We cannot play charity here. Come on. Every other driver on a new team have found their way. There is no excuse getting beaten by an Alpha Romeo and a Williams who are leagues slower cars. I want Fernando Alonso back.

On the other hand great job from Lando again and both Ferraris are out of Q3.
What Alfa Romeo was he beaten by?

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

mwillems wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 15:31
mwillems wrote: Hopefully he didn't peak early with his P2!

Fingers crossed he can nail a front row.

Danny is not getting the car at all. I feel that as much as Lando looks to have a better feel for the braking, Danny is also not compromising his style enough to gain time.
A front row would be amazing, if he puts it all together in Q3 he has a chance I believe.

Regarding RIC, I’m lacking answers… And I hope it’s not the case… I don’t know how much he has been in the simulator during the last several months (at least since testing was over), but the fact that they it was talked a lot only after Monaco makes me think that not that much and that is the worrisome part for me… It’s all about muscle memory, putting laps on the simulator would have helped, I really hope that he is not leaving any stone unturned trying to get back in form with the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah it would be a shame in a way, unless he goes on to make it work his way and go faster!

I only have sector three to go off, I might go back and watch previous qualies and look at his corner entries. Maybe its only happened here and he is just struggling.

On to Lando... yeah, a tow would be immense, but looking right now, if he doesn't make a mistake he has a great chance of P2.

One other thing to mention is that with setup, how much closer we are to the front.

Perhaps we aren't as great as extracting the max as other teams as we were all discussing last week?
Let’s see where are at the end of Q3, it’s really amazing to be so close in normal conditions… You expect the gaps to be small though here, the lap is very short and only 10 corners, how close the field is might be a bit deceiving (or flattering for the midfield teams)

blastdoman
blastdoman

I want Carlos back

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Yeah that last soft tyre run wasn’t good…. You’d at least expect him to match a MED run by Norris. But +0.3s and on a faster tyre isn’t a good showing at all. He just falls apart as soon as the car has to be driven near the limit. I’ll keep the faith as others have pointed out quite rightly his history

Darth-Piekus

At the moment we are beating Ferrari with one hand tied behind our back which is kind of ironic but obviously if we don't have both drivers there is no way to continue doing that.

Also Ric was beaten in Q1 by one of the Alfa Romeos.

McL-H
McL-H

Do you guys agree the team should try and replace DR by Russell for next year, if Mercedes sticks with Bottas again? I know DR has got a contract, but I’d be surprised if there isn’t any clausule the team can use to get rid of him. He is starting to become our very own Bottas this season. I think Gasly would be a good replacement too.

mwillems

SmallSoldier wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 15:50
mwillems wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 15:31

A front row would be amazing, if he puts it all together in Q3 he has a chance I believe.

Regarding RIC, I’m lacking answers… And I hope it’s not the case… I don’t know how much he has been in the simulator during the last several months (at least since testing was over), but the fact that they it was talked a lot only after Monaco makes me think that not that much and that is the worrisome part for me… It’s all about muscle memory, putting laps on the simulator would have helped, I really hope that he is not leaving any stone unturned trying to get back in form with the car.

Yeah it would be a shame in a way, unless he goes on to make it work his way and go faster!

I only have sector three to go off, I might go back and watch previous qualies and look at his corner entries. Maybe its only happened here and he is just struggling.

On to Lando... yeah, a tow would be immense, but looking right now, if he doesn't make a mistake he has a great chance of P2.

One other thing to mention is that with setup, how much closer we are to the front.

Perhaps we aren't as great as extracting the max as other teams as we were all discussing last week?
Let’s see where are at the end of Q3, it’s really amazing to be so close in normal conditions… You expect the gaps to be small though here, the lap is very short and only 10 corners, how close the field is might be a bit deceiving (or flattering for the midfield teams)

The time is relative between tracks but the position show us being very racy.

But yeah, we need the same mighty lap in Q3, and as you will also know, this is where Landa has sometimes slipped.

Go Lando!

-Bandit

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

geogate wrote:honestly can't see him being replaced
He won’t be replaced and he has a 3 year contract… He is here for a while.

mwillems

Squeaky bum time! Wow!

-Bandit

Xero

Aw, Lando! Again with a stunning lap. This lad has added consistency with his raw speed. Amazing.