2021 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, July 30 - Aug 01

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
godlameroso

Re: 2021 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, July 30 - Aug 01

As a lower class minority, I always wonder why the rich minorities are always the ones that are the most oppressed. Mo' money mo' problems I guess, because I don't feel the oppression the powers that be assure me I have. I am where I am because of my poor judgement and it's no one else's fault.
Saishū kōnā

Phil

Big Tea wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:27
Everyone saying Merc messed up not pitting Ham, no one mentioning where the Merc pit is. If even one car is faster out of their box than Ham, he is at the back anyway as he would not have an exit gap
This and well spotted. I’d go ond further though - had Hamilton entered the pits on the formation lap with everyone following him in and he’d have been last anyway, as everyone driving in would be blocking the pitlane. He was damned to be last.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

ringo

As for those who think Lewis is lucky. It is not really luck. Even though Mercedes makes mistakes, they still run a very well managed operation, so things like not having enough fuel at the end they would not fall prey to. Also Lewis tends to avoid risks on the track. If we observe how he attacked Alonso, at no point did he send the car down the inside or the outside and hope Alonso gets out of the way. He is always managing risk when he drives.
This is how you win championships. You have to survive the madness of a championship year, and Lewis is doing a good job at that despite not having the best car over the 11 races for the first half of the season. All the "badluck" Max fans are complaining about, is just part of the game. Max just needs to drive better. He should be at least 50 points in the lead with the car that he has, but instead he is losing out to that undeserving pretender 7xWDC Lewis Hamilton. lol

The second half should be interesting. The W12 seems to be competitive enough to fight redbull, and Hamilton usually goes well in the second half, but so does redbull and Max.
For Sure!!

the poster below
the poster below

Damned to be last, but if he'd pitted then he wouldn't have spent a few laps catching up to the penultimate runner, which might've made the difference.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

ringo wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 00:14
As for those who think Lewis is lucky. It is not really luck. Even though Mercedes makes mistakes, they still run a very well managed operation, so things like not having enough fuel at the end they would not fall prey to. Also Lewis tends to avoid risks on the track. If we observe how he attacked Alonso, at no point did he send the car down the inside or the outside and hope Alonso gets out of the way. He is always managing risk when he drives.
This is how you win championships. You have to survive the madness of a championship year, and Lewis is doing a good job at that despite not having the best car over the 11 races for the first half of the season. All the "badluck" Max fans are complaining about, is just part of the game. Max just needs to drive better. He should be at least 50 points in the lead with the car that he has, but instead he is losing out to that undeserving pretender 7xWDC Lewis Hamilton. lol

The second half should be interesting. The W12 seems to be competitive enough to fight redbull, and Hamilton usually goes well in the second half, but so does redbull and Max.
Wow… another on the ignore list. What an idiotic post.

- a tyre blow out
- an accident with other party predominantly at fault
- gets t boned in the side of the car

Yeah let’s make it: he should just drive better.
Mate, get out of here

(Btw I have no issue with the rest of your post but why do you feel the need to be a wind up merchant?)
Last edited by 101FlyingDutchman on 02 Aug 2021, 00:26, edited 2 times in total.

Incognito
Incognito

Hamilton has significant luck this season. The Russel / Bottas crash, Verstappen's tyre blowout in Baku, Silverstone needing a red flag, not getting caught in today's catastrophe.

I do agree that, as the saying goes, 'the better you are the luckier you seem to be' though.

zibby43
zibby43

Incognito wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 00:19
Hamilton has significant luck this season. The Russel / Bottas crash, Verstappen's tyre blowout in Baku, Silverstone needing a red flag, not getting caught in today's catastrophe.

I do agree that, as the saying goes, 'the better you are the luckier you seem to be' though.
He also flicked a button by mistake in Baku and got zero points instead of making the Sergio pass stick and winning the race.

The flicking of the button was pretty unlucky, and the team have corrected the design.

I’d argue that the start of the race and tire mishap that forced him to carve his way through the field today was unlucky, too.

Jolle
Jolle

mistrx wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 00:18
Well, I don't like woke virtue signalling - and pushing it into our throats everywhere.

So I am glad that karma worked and Seb has t-shirt, but no trophy.

If he's into SJW, he can quit F1 and be professional woke activist. Good riddance. There's like 100 great drivers waiting for his seat.

At the end of the day I do not watch F1 to be lectured by F1 driver about politics.

And to support that I am not the only one fed up with politic ruining sports, just absorb this fact: this summer Olympics have the worst TV ratings in more than 30years.

The same goes for NBA, MLB, NFL, Oscars, etc.

People are just fed up with ruining sports and generally pretty much everything in society with woke crap activism.

I suggest he sticks to talking about engines and overtakes. Perhaps he can learn from Alonso how to be good racer. Perhaps he can focus more on that. Apparently he needs it.

His results from past few years speak for themselves.

Jolle wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 23:45
mistrx wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 23:42
maybe, just maybe Vettel could focus on fuel consumption (and maybe also evrtaking skills) rather than on his woke virtue signalling?

Didn't he say - they can even disqualify me, I don't care? They did disqualify, albeit for different reason.

Well, karma is a b!, Seb isn't it. Enjoy! You can wear your t-shirt while handing back your trophy.

Uhm... so... he was blinded by the rainbow on his helmet? or don't you agree with equality in general? or that someone, like Vettel speaks out that he believes in all humans being equal, no matter gender, who they love and how they look?
are basic human rights, like we're all equal, despite our religion, gender, colour or sexuality, politics? or is it just the most basic decency you can have?

or, to put it more bluntly, do you think gay people should have less rights than straight people?

Spacepace

El Scorchio wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 22:48
Mchamilton wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 22:32
El Scorchio wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 22:27

Tough call to make from the lead though. All the cars round him had nothing to lose. I’m sure if he was sitting 6-7th he’d have done it. But it has been pointed out more than a few times that there was a strong chance if he did go in, everyone would have passed him in the pit lane anyway, due to the position of his pit box. It was a bit of a lose/lose situation for him.
He'd of been passed by all but maybe a couple of cars, hed of been sat in his box while every car came past, and hed have only past maybe 2 or 3 that were still in their boxes. Alonsos amazing defencive driving cost him the win as much as not boxing did.
Exactly. And TBH it was all worth it for that exquisite Alonso duel. Absolutely magnificent racing from the pair of them. Right on the limit, but completely fair.
One of the best battles in years. Nostalgia set in when during that

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Mchamilton wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 22:32
El Scorchio wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 22:27
renault rs26 wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 22:21

It was a joke. Btw team couldn't tell him to stay out during formation lap, drivers had to decide themselves whether they pit or not so it's Hamilton's mistake.
Tough call to make from the lead though. All the cars round him had nothing to lose. I’m sure if he was sitting 6-7th he’d have done it. But it has been pointed out more than a few times that there was a strong chance if he did go in, everyone would have passed him in the pit lane anyway, due to the position of his pit box. It was a bit of a lose/lose situation for him.
He'd of been passed by all but maybe a couple of cars, hed of been sat in his box while every car came past, and hed have only past maybe 2 or 3 that were still in their boxes. Alonsos amazing defencive driving cost him the win as much as not boxing did.
I just watched a replay of the start, there was a large gap in the train that he would have slotted in to. Also, Ocon pitted from P2 and was able to regain that position (which became P1), so Hamilton would most likely had won if it hadn't been for that error. He has since said that he gave the team the info, and they didn't ask him to come in. Toto said it was the teams choice, and they didn't want to risk coming in from the front.

RZS10

I even posted a screenshot of that but everyone just posts without reading the previous pages

Viper2789
Viper2789

mistrx wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 23:42
maybe, just maybe Vettel could focus on fuel consumption (and maybe also evrtaking skills) rather than on his woke virtue signalling?

Didn't he say - they can even disqualify me, I don't care? They did disqualify, albeit for different reason.

Well, karma is a b!, Seb isn't it. Enjoy! You can wear your t-shirt while handing back your trophy.

Unf wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 20:12
What a disgusting post.

Phil

RZS10 wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 01:01
I even posted a screenshot of that but everyone just posts without reading the previous pages
I did see it, but i am not convinced yet. Isnt Mercedes the very first box in the pits? He comes in, everyone else follows. He stays a good 2-5 seconds in the pits changing tires (got to account for driving into the box at an angle, stopping and the driving off period). Then they also have to account for everyone else coming in as a train. Yes, they might have been gaps, but i’d also say the risk of an unsafe risk substantial. Also: The track might have been dry, but was it not still damp in the pits? Got to account for wheel spin and traction difficulties. Factoring all this in and i’d say an unsafe release to be a substantial possibility. With damage. I’d say he would have lost many positions, if not be at the back anyway.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Incognito
Incognito

Peter Windsor makes a fantastic point in his video on the race. If Hamilton had pitted with everyone else, how would anyone have left the pitlane?

It's not super-easy to find the relevant part of the sporting regulations but I think it's:-

"All such cars may then join the race once the whole field has passed the end of the pit lane for
the first time after the start."

If there's no cars on the grid, then there's no cars to pass the end of the pitlane. If no cars pass the end of the pitlane, then the pit exit will remain closed until they do.
Last edited by Incognito on 02 Aug 2021, 01:20, edited 1 time in total.

ringo

Hahaha

Sainz with another podium that he does not get to celebrate.

Regarding my previous post, I was not winding up Max fans, but the truth is he does put himself in risky situations. Today he was banging wheels with a Haas, it could have easily resulted in him retiring from the race.

He needs to improve his driving or there will continue to be tears and blaming Lewis for being lucky.

Spa may just end up being a Mercedes 1-2. I hope redbull come up with a really nice setup for that race to fight back.
For Sure!!