2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
etusch

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Ryar wrote:
04 Sep 2021, 16:48
Why can't they swap Gasly and Perez? They are surely going to lose WCC.
that much change will not help. Gasly can be a deja vu. sticking plan p(erez) is best at least until mid of next season

ME4ME

In hindsight Alex Albon probably did best against Verstappen.
However things can change next year with totally new and different cars. Perez might trive and do better than he does currently. Not that he will overcome the deficit - but it might decrease a bit.

Zynerji

We may want to look at a possible Ricciardo return. The only RBR driver to hang with Max... I'm sure McLaren would let him out of his contact!

TNTHead

Zynerji wrote:
04 Sep 2021, 22:39
We may want to look at a possible Ricciardo return. The only RBR driver to hang with Max... I'm sure McLaren would let him out of his contact!
Time didn't stand still. RIC is aging, VER is still developing, and the car may be less 'drivable' than back in 2017. But it truly is a problem: who can pair VER? Is he really unmatchable. I dont buy it that the car is developed for his driving style: it is an engineering effort to develop a car that has the minimum lap time for the given energy capacity. As Andreas Seidl said about RIC lagging behind on Norris: we always prioritize on aero efficiency. I dont think it is any different at RedBull. It is clear that Max is able to maximize the potential which looks to be hard to extract. I think it is wise for RedBull the let Perez try it for two years, it may be necessary to solve the puzzle.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

TNTHead wrote:
04 Sep 2021, 22:58
Zynerji wrote:
04 Sep 2021, 22:39
Time didn't stand still. RIC is aging, VER is still developing, and the car may be less 'drivable' than back in 2017. But it truly is a problem: who can pair VER? Is he really unmatchable. I dont buy it that the car is developed for his driving style: it is an engineering effort to develop a car that has the minimum lap time for the given energy capacity. As Andreas Seidl said about RIC lagging behind on Norris: we always prioritize on aero efficiency. I dont think it is any different at RedBull. It is clear that Max is able to maximize the potential which looks to be hard to extract. I think it is wise for RedBull the let Perez try it for two years, it may be necessary to solve the puzzle.
There is probably some “truth” to it as I remember the quotes from the MSC era where he a preferred a nervous/dancing rear end, whereas his team mates all reported they didn’t like the way the car characteristics came through as it was so “unnatural” to them.

Now I would guess in this day and age, computer/cad/wind tunnel trumps driver preference 95 out of a 100 times. For me it just shows how good a driver VER has become. Some races drivers in the other BULL got to a similar pace but most of the time he’s been destroying his team mate (irrespective of who it is).

El Scorchio

Red Bull are clearly satisfied with Perez or they wouldn’t have offered him another season. He’s playing the role they want him to play pretty well. They aren’t going for the WCC or 1-2 finishes or double podiums. Perez’s job is to help Verstappen by hindering Mercedes.

Wouter

The King and Queen and two daughters in the pitbox with Max.

The Power of Dreams!

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

People, FYI, this is NOT Facebook or Instagram.
We can find random photos online if we wish.

JordanMugen

TNTHead wrote:
Time didn't stand still. RIC is aging, VER is still developing, and the car may be less 'drivable' than back in 2017. But it truly is a problem: who can pair VER?
Alonso would be worth a try. I believe while RBR were waiting on their Albon evaluation, Alonso already signed for Renault -- so RBR were too slow to act to secure the Spaniard's services? :?:

Ryar

Superb weekend there from Max. What a drive! Awesome. =D>
Hakuna Matata!

ispano6

_cerber1 wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 08:45
ispano6 wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 07:57
Go back and watch the F1 2020 Portimao FP1(and FP2/FP3 while you're at it) highlights and it will jog your memory. That track has quite a bit of run-off and space too. Any off is a yellow at that location, however brief, which disrupts others passing by.
Most of the trainings are held with yellow flags, which is why they exist, but thanks to them, pilots feel more confident in qualifying and racing. Your theory that Max has a decisive advantage after a few laps on the track in an old car will not hold up, a regular simulator session will give the pilot more insight. I will be very interested in what you write if Max does not take pole on Saturday.
Looks like everything I said was true!
Thank you Max for proving me right!

Wouter

Max wins the DUTCH GP !!!

Last edited by Wouter on 05 Sep 2021, 17:31, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

restless
restless

TNTHead wrote:
I don't understand why Gasly was not promoted - 2 years later he looks just-in-time (now) for RB
Put any 2 from Albon/Perez/Tsunoda in AT ...
In current way Gasly will be alinated and will probably leave... with another hole in RB/At ranks

Mr.S
Mr.S

Perez has a great race but shouldn't have been given the extension. Also Tsusonda has no business racing. Replace him was Albon. He is a total flop. He has 0 qualifying win over Gasly I think. The guy is a joke.

Perez's qualifying is so bad that he puts him in incredible pressure situation & does well too many a times. His race pace, tyre management, overtaking is top notch but he is starting too far back to make a difference. Gasly definitely deserves the RB seat !

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

Mr.S wrote:
05 Sep 2021, 17:16
Perez has a great race but shouldn't have been given the extension. Also Tsusonda has no business racing. Replace him was Albon. He is a total flop. He has 0 qualifying win over Gasly I think. The guy is a joke.

Perez's qualifying is so bad that he puts him in incredible pressure situation & does well too many a times. His race pace, tyre management, overtaking is top notch but he is starting too far back to make a difference. Gasly definitely deserves the RB seat !
The problem with replacing Perez would be that they start all over again, with the new guy trailing Ves just as much. A strategy that has not worked so far, so it’s better to give him a real shot now that they signed him, instead of a half-ass chance with unbearable pressure, as the other No2s at RB has had so far. Just imagine being new to the team, with a team mate like Max, and a Marko who is telling you how terrible you are after the slightest mistake you make. The key to progress is stability, mental safety, and getting to know the team and the car fully, as Bottas has done in Mercedes for example. Besides, next year the cars will be totally different without the high rake instability, which should help Perez. At least a little bit, so he can get into the Bottas-window where RB wants him in order to support Max. Bottom line is that RB have tried the ”replace the no2 after a season or less” for some years now without any result, so it’s time to try something else.