2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Zynerji

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

PlatinumZealot wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 21:08
Zynerji wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 19:40
PlatinumZealot wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 18:23

That's what they said about Heikki, Jenson, Nico and Bottas too. :lol:

That first 2022 qualifying session should be fun. Granted, Bottas and Nico were extremely fast in qualifying beating Lewis occasionally. It's the race where they fell short.
Except in 2016 when Nico beat Hamilton to the WDC in the same car... :wtf:
Please explain what do you mean? What does 2016 have to do a with new teammate partnering Lewis? I am lost.
I'm unsure actually. It was you that brought them into the conversation. Why?

Zynerji

Just_a_fan wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 21:07
Zynerji wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 20:54
ringo wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 20:24

Can you take your trolling elsewhere?
Alonso got beat in 2007. I guess he is "slow". So was Heiki. Oh and rosberg 2013 to 2015..i guess those were not beatings?
Hamilton got nothing to prove. 7xWDC, all of his stats are top 5 of all time and there is nothing you can do about it.
GOAT 8)
Trying to prove he is no good is a waste of your time. It's just nonsense.
And would love to hear your opinion if Max loses the title this year.
Troll-face. Alonso got TIED in 2007, not beat... :roll:
Tied on points, beaten on count back. Official result was Hamilton second in the title, Alonso third. That's a written in stone fact.

https://www.formula1.com/en/results.htm ... ivers.html
Aah, thats right. Lewis had an extra 2nd place or something that year that ranked him ahead, even on the 107 point tie.

PlatinumZealot

Zynerji wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 21:15
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Zynerji wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 19:40

Except in 2016 when Nico beat Hamilton to the WDC in the same car... :wtf:
Please explain what do you mean? What does 2016 have to do a with new teammate partnering Lewis? I am lost.
Heh. :roll:
Zynerji wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 16:47
Stroll would be a great choice to put alongside Hamilton for an ez #2. Russell is going to give Lewis fits, i believe.
You were talking about new teammates upsetting the status quo but you deflected to flamebaiting.

Rosberg and Lewis joined in 2013!!! Not 2016. We already had four years of the duo so we all knew their relative Q and race pace.

In 2016 Rosberg could not take the pressure of being Lewis team mate anymore and ran with tail between legs knowing he was unlikely to repeat the feat.

Rosberg won less races and was a slower qualifier but won on reliability and underhanded tactics. Deserved champion? Yes. He still won it and put himself in position to do so. It is well known that Rosberg put 150% into beating Lewis in 2016. He slept separately from his wife and child so he could focus on his physical and mental training regimen. He made himself into a heartless monster just to sqeak a win through.

So 2016 has nothing to do with "givng Hamilton fits" :lol:

Nice try though.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Zynerji

PlatinumZealot wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 21:37
Zynerji wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 21:15
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Heh. :roll:
Zynerji wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 16:47
Stroll would be a great choice to put alongside Hamilton for an ez #2. Russell is going to give Lewis fits, i believe.
You were talking about new teammates upsetting the status quo but you deflected to flamebaiting.

Rosberg and Lewis joined in 2013!!! Not 2016. We already had four years of the duo so we all knew their relative Q and race pace.

In 2016 Rosberg could not take the pressure of being Lewis team mate anymore and ran with tail between legs knowing he was unlikely to repeat the feat.

Rosberg won less races and was a slower qualifier but won on reliability and underhanded tactics. Deserved champion? Yes. He still won it and put himself in position to do so. It is well known that Rosberg put 150% into beating Lewis in 2016. He slept separately from his wife and child so he could focus on his physical and mental training regimen. He made himself into a heartless monster just to sqeak a win through.

So 2016 has nothing to do with "givng Hamilton fits" :lol:

Nice try though.
We will know in a short few months as to how the "old guy" holds up against the "young gun"...😁

Have you started planning your excuses yet? Or are you going to default to the usual tripe? I hope you freshen it up a bit, George deserves better than you have given in the past...🤣

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

What if that actually happens and Russell gets announced @ Aston Martin :lol:

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Zynerji wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 21:52

We will know in a short few months as to how the "old guy" holds up against the "young gun"...😁

Have you started planning your excuses yet? Or are you going to default to the usual tripe? I hope you freshen it up a bit, George deserves better than you have given in the past...🤣
For me, I think George will make Lewis's life difficult. I can see him doing well in qualifying, certainly, with Lewis perhaps doing better in races by virtue of his experience.

It's actually an exciting prospect. As someone that holds both in high regard in terms of their driving ability / speed, I think it's likely to be the most interesting driver pairing in some time.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

McL-H
McL-H

Manoah2u wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 21:57
What if that actually happens and Russell gets announced @ Aston Martin :lol:

https://i.redd.it/zui1yyqkyzr31.gif
Haha he may get out of that one. But if Russel were to proceed and win the title in that Aston Martin, he’d be in that pose forever!

Zynerji

Just_a_fan wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 23:59
Zynerji wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 21:52

For me, I think George will make Lewis's life difficult. I can see him doing well in qualifying, certainly, with Lewis perhaps doing better in races by virtue of his experience.

It's actually an exciting prospect. As someone that holds both in high regard in terms of their driving ability / speed, I think it's likely to be the most interesting driver pairing in some time.
I was asking PZ. You seem to be able to see both sides of these things.

e30ernest
e30ernest

I too am excited to see what Russell (if he is the one replacing Bottas) could bring to Mercedes next year. Whether he beats Lewis or not doesn't really take anything away from Lewis IMO, in the same way how Ocon's current performance does not bring anything away from Alonso, or how Rosberg beating Michael doesn't take anything away from Michael. Lewis isn't getting any younger so if Russell beats him, that's ok. I'd be more concerned if Russell cannot keep up with Hamilton. Hopefully they'll be very closely matched.

ringo

I do not think he will keep up in qualifying nor race.
But i expect him to improve with time.

We need to remember that his only benchmaek so far is Latifi.
Also when he raced Bottas, Bottas still beat him in qualifying.
Yes it was close and yes George had on tight shoes, but Bottas was nervous that whole weekend and clearly didnt do his best.
I think both are about the same pace with bottas slightly quicker at his best.
George is more solid though from what i see from his qualifyings. He will deliver.
It's really hard to see Lewis being slower. He is so adaptable i just feel even if george is quicker in q1 and q2.. by q3 lewis would have adapted and pushed the envelope to take pole, even though he should be over the hill at 37 years old come next year.
The races im not expecting anything great kn GR part. Lewis is pushing Max right now who has the rocketship rb16.
But all in all I am glad George gets a top drive.
The team must beleive that he has what it takes to be the future.
With him they can fight redbull for at least another 5 years.
For Sure!!

Starkblood80
Starkblood80

Zynerji wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 20:54
ringo wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 20:24
Zynerji wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 20:14

...because a real troll with no data, just puking emotions, is the better option? :roll:

No, the only quick, non-patsy team-mate beat him to the WDC in the identical car.
Can you take your trolling elsewhere?
Alonso got beat in 2007. I guess he is "slow". So was Heiki. Oh and rosberg 2013 to 2015..i guess those were not beatings?
Hamilton got nothing to prove. 7xWDC, all of his stats are top 5 of all time and there is nothing you can do about it.
GOAT 8)
Trying to prove he is no good is a waste of your time. It's just nonsense.
And would love to hear your opinion if Max loses the title this year.
Troll-face. Alonso got TIED in 2007, not beat... :roll:
No Data?
since 2007 Hamilton has beaten his teammates in all but 2 seasons. 3 of those were or became WDC's. he's out qualified, won more races and posted more fastest laps than his teammates. he was marginally outscored by Button over 3 seasons but trumped him on literally every other measurable metric and finished ahead in 2 out of 3 seasons. You claim Hamilton never had super quick teammates but salivate over the fact Rosberg scored a fortunate WDC in 2016 against him. You go on about "puking emotions" but your distain for Hamilton blinds you from the facts and its quite frankly pathetic.

i look forward to the mods deleting this post while allowing trolls like yourself carte blanche over the forum.

adrianjordan

As James Vowles steps down for family reasons, Merc bring in the best strategy mind in the grid to run the pit wall. He's that good that he'll do it whilst driving!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

MtthsMlw

Here we go!

politburo
politburo

MtthsMlw wrote:
07 Sep 2021, 11:01
Here we go!
The worst kept secret in the sport since December 2020. This guy Russell is a great talent! Well done Mercedes.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

GOAT

Mercedes will have the strongest driver pairing on the grid in 2022, without a doubt.