2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

AR3-GP wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 03:49
djos wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 02:11
I think the article doesn’t include the full context of the interview. I would say the following section does strongly suggest he was asked if Liam was a contender and bats it away by asking if he was also a contender just because he’s driving an RB8.
"I'm actually doing a lap at Silverstone in the RB8 on Thursday as well, so you never know," Horner told media including RacingNews365.

"In all seriousness, the Liam test is aero run has been planned for a couple of months now, but of course, Checo is under pressure, that's that's normal in Formula 1.
Tbh, I think the journos are just digging for anything to write a story on - there’s no way in hell RBR are going to repeat the mistake they made with Alex, and throw a junior driver in alongside Max before he’s ready.
I agree but it's Horner's version of a "non-answer", not a "No, never".

At this point I believe Red Bull is considering all of it's drivers (Lawson, Tsunoda, Ricciardo) for the 2nd RBR seat. A decision hasn't been made. Perez has not technically triggered the performance clause yet.
True.

I think Daniel might be parachuted back in simply from the “we know he won’t rock the boat” and “is way more consistent points” of view. Daniel and Yuki have never been more than 3/10ths apart for the majority of the season in qually. Perez hasn’t even been in the same postcode as Max for the last 6 races.
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

They are not putting Lawson straight into RBR. His gap to Yuki was more than Dan for a start. A good analysis was done on another forum about it which I can include here . Dans average qualli gap was barely over a tenth vs Yuki before Silverstone. His peak results are higher too in 3x 4th and 1x5th.

Lawson while decent is largely unproven and imo overhyped. Dan is a known quantity, is a safe pair of hands unlike Perez and likes a similar car to Max. It makes sense he is the main driver in the frame.

Yuki's Honda connection and questionable ability to withstand extreme pressure mentally and lack of experience in a top team vs a guy like DR who has had that experience and also has good car feedback and development skills means Yuki isn't a serious candidate at RBR imo.
Last edited by runningmanz on 09 Jul 2024, 06:23, edited 1 time in total.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

runningmanz wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 05:32
They are not putting Lawson straight into RBR. His gap to Yuki was more than Dan for a start. A good analysis was done on another forum about it which I can include here . Dans average qualli gap was barely over a tenth vs Yuki before Silverstone. His peak results are higher too in 3x 4th and 1x5th.

Lawson while decent is largely unproven and imo overhyped. Dan is a known quantity, is a safe pair of hands unlike Perez and likes a similar car to Max. It makes sense he is the main driver in the frame.

Yuki's Honda connection and questionable ability to withstand extreme pressure mentally and lack of experience in a top team vs a guy like DR who also has good car feedback and development skills means he isn't a serious candidate at RBR imo.
I don't really have much qualms about Riccy but lets not pretend he's some bastion of mental fortitude. He was a shell of his former upbeat self during his Mclaren run.

Jurgen von Diaz

runningmanz wrote:They are not putting Lawson straight into RBR. His gap to Yuki was more than Dan for a start. A good analysis was done on another forum about it which I can include here . Dans average qualli gap was barely over a tenth vs Yuki before Silverstone. His peak results are higher too in 3x 4th and 1x5th.

Yuki's Honda connection and questionable ability to withstand extreme pressure mentally and lack of experience in a top team vs a guy like DR who also has good car feedback and development skills means he isn't a serious candidate at RBR imo.
Daniel hasn’t liked a single car since 2021. When Max leaves, does Daniel have the potential to take his place? No. They should already be looking to the future to see how much potential Lawson is carrying.

runningmanz
runningmanz

CaribouBread wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 06:21
runningmanz wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 05:32

I don't really have much qualms about Riccy but lets not pretend he's some bastion of mental fortitude. He was a shell of his former upbeat self during his Mclaren run.
Dans endured a hell of alot of pressure in the past and rarely loses his cool or bins the car. He is alot better mentally than his time at McLaren now and happy at Vcarb and generally with the car. He's stated this numerous times.
Last edited by runningmanz on 09 Jul 2024, 06:46, edited 1 time in total.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 06:26
runningmanz wrote:They are not putting Lawson straight into RBR. His gap to Yuki was more than Dan for a start. A good analysis was done on another forum about it which I can include here . Dans average qualli gap was barely over a tenth vs Yuki before Silverstone. His peak results are higher too in 3x 4th and 1x5th.

Daniel hasn’t liked a single car since 2021. When Max leaves, does Daniel have the potential to take his place? No. They should already be looking to the future to see how much potential Lawson is carrying.
The Macca was an anomaly and an odd handling car originally designed for Alonso unique driving style. In general he seems happy with the Vcarb overall. Obviously currently last race the car has regressed a bit for both guys actually and Dan had car issues to fix before the race. Before that he was progressing well. See what they bring for Hungary.

Throwing Lawson in green vs Max is a recipe for disaster for his career. We saw what happened to others like that. RB or another midfield team is a safer initial bet. Dan fills the gap at the moment as a good replacement for Perez then depending on how he goes and what happens with Max they can work in a younger driver with more experience from there.

Wouter

Honda will celebrate the 60th anniversary of their debut in Formula 1 at Goodwood.
Yuki gets the honor of driving the RA272.

The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 14:16
Honda will celebrate the 60th anniversary of their debut in Formula 1 at Goodwood.

Nice, now that is a classic F1 car! 8)
"In downforce we trust"

djos

In sillier news, I came across this advert today and found it amusing.

"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

djos wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 14:21
Wouter wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 14:16
Nice, now that is a classic F1 car! 8)
Yes, indeed. Max drove it in 2019. He loved it!
Former Jordan, BAR and Honda pilot Sato then joined Max for some fun on the tarmac with the RB7 and RA272 side by side.

The Power of Dreams!

Jurgen von Diaz

runningmanz wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:

The Macca was an anomaly and an odd handling car originally designed for Alonso unique driving style. In general he seems happy with the Vcarb overall. Obviously currently last race the car has regressed a bit for both guys actually and Dan had car issues to fix before the race. Before that he was progressing well. See what they bring for Hungary.

Throwing Lawson in green vs Max is a recipe for disaster for his career. We saw what happened to others like that. RB or another midfield team is a safer initial bet. Dan fills the gap at the moment as a good replacement for Perez then depending on how he goes and what happens with Max they can work in a younger driver with more experience from there.
When Max leaves, they are probably going to go shopping for a replacement. Checo's replacement should be Tsunoda. They shouldn't fall for de Vries's effect anymore: "Daniel drove to the front row with Max's car." — test. He went to Toro Rosso, and there's no such magic. Red Bull is playing with pure guesswork; they are considering giving him a promotion or sacking him, and that tells us a lot; even Red Bull itself isn't sure what he is capable of.

Wouter

Daniel Ricciardo frustrated: "Hopefully we'll find a huge hole in the car!"

Formula 1 driver Daniel Ricciardo cannot explain his current form and is completely in the dark in his analysis of the British Grand Prix

(Motorsport-Total.com) - Daniel Ricciardo has no explanation for his current form in the 2024 Formula 1 season. After finishing 13th in the 2024 British Grand Prix at Silverstone, the Racing Bulls driver is at a loss.

What's more, Ricciardo is practising gallows humor when he says: "Hopefully we'll find a big hole in my car that we've missed so far, but which turns out to be the reason why we were really slow."

Because not much came together for Ricciardo at Silverstone: P15 in qualifying, seven tenths behind teammate Yuki Tsunoda, and outside the top 10 in the race, although Tsunoda still finished in the points in tenth place with the VCARB 01.

"Yuki did well," says Ricciardo appreciatively. "But as a team we weren't very competitive this weekend. I certainly struggled more in the race. And so far I'm not sure why that was."

Ricciardo says that his cockpit perspective does not match the values on the stopwatch. At Silverstone, for example, he "felt he put in a good lap". "But my engineer told me I was eight tenths of a second behind. I was quite surprised." And Ricciardo has not yet received and/or found an answer to his questions.

"My engineer once asked me: 'What are you missing? What do you need?' Then I said: 'Actually, the balance is fine. I just don't think we have enough downforce. Because the laps themselves are pretty good, apart from a few minor things perhaps. But just what the car can do.
"So something was missing," says Ricciardo. "Maybe we didn't get it right in the set-up. Maybe there's still something we don't understand yet."

Translated with DeepL.com https://www.motorsport-total.com/formel ... o-24070808
The Power of Dreams!

Bill
Bill

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 15:33
runningmanz wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:

When Max leaves, they are probably going to go shopping for a replacement. Checo's replacement should be Tsunoda. They shouldn't fall for de Vries's effect anymore: "Daniel drove to the front row with Max's car." — test. He went to Toro Rosso, and there's no such magic. Red Bull is playing with pure guesswork; they are considering giving him a promotion or sacking him, and that tells us a lot; even Red Bull itself isn't sure what he is capable of.
i would like to see what yuki can do in a quick car.at the start of season and last year he was capable of outqualifying and beating one of the mercedes on odd races.now merc is winning races it shows the importance of having good car or upgrade.

Bill
Bill

djos wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 03:13
Bill wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 02:54
toraabe wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 15:27

He tested last year car at silverstone and was almost as fast as verstappen.
yes we should believe anything redbull tell us.no one ever saw the results of those test.
Do you ever have anything positive to say? Every post of yours contains nothing but sour grapes, half baked conspiracy theories, and negativity towards Daniel!

How about acknowledging the positive influence that Daniel has had on both Yuki and the team? They have certainly made it clear that Daniel’s contributions have been significant and positive.

F1T is a forum that values facts, if you want to post wild claims, why not join the autosport forums?
redbull denied that there was political infighting before,but eventually the truth was revealed.the teams always give politically correct answers so anything they say should be taken with a grain of salt.f1 is about metrics so if we havent seen those magic numbers why should we believe anything Horner says.

djos

Bill wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 19:12
djos wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 03:13
Bill wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 02:54

yes we should believe anything redbull tell us.no one ever saw the results of those test.
Do you ever have anything positive to say? Every post of yours contains nothing but sour grapes, half baked conspiracy theories, and negativity towards Daniel!

How about acknowledging the positive influence that Daniel has had on both Yuki and the team? They have certainly made it clear that Daniel’s contributions have been significant and positive.

F1T is a forum that values facts, if you want to post wild claims, why not join the autosport forums?
redbull denied that there was political infighting before,but eventually the truth was revealed.the teams always give politically correct answers so anything they say should be taken with a grain of salt.f1 is about metrics so if we havent seen those magic numbers why should we believe anything Horner says.
It wasn’t just Horner, Marko was involved in the decision to bring Daniel back after the Silverstone test.
"In downforce we trust"