2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mzso
mzso

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Andres125sx wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 07:51
mzso wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 10:14
Andres125sx wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 12:30

Stop the nosense yourself first please

Who said a driver should be allowed to do illegal or dangerous moves as long as the victim escapes? None, I´m arguing about the penalty impossed, none said he should have received no penalty, so please, do not use a strawman argument while you ask to stop the nosense :roll:

So if Ferrari don´t finish within the top four they should stop defending their rights, and renounce to competition? And you ask to stop the nosense on the very same post? #-o

You know WCC position provides money and 12 points less might mean Ferrari collects less money for next season? If Ferrari can´t defend their own points, no surprise they´re second class team for more than a decade...
You argued for it, constantly. You were throwing the strawmans of it being unfair, when everyone gets a 5s when they spin an opponent out of the circuit.
Dropping back several positions is tough luck, just like when an SC is called after you're the only one who changed tires.

They have no rights to break rules and go without penalty. Which for once was assigned correctly.
They had nothing to defend so their case was thrown out.
Any reason to raise this old discussion again?
I wasn't around to respond. :)

Andres125sx wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 07:51
Maybe that is the reason you can´t remind in that race there was 2 more drivers who collided exactly the same (one was Albon I think), harming 2 more drivers, and they got no penalty at all. Sainz collided with Alonso on a part of the race wich was not considered race (didn´t count in final result), so none got any harm, and he received a 5 second penalty under SC wich is like a DSQ

No, not everyone receive a 5 second penalty for this, actually 2 drivers didn´t receive it, in the very same race!, and despite causing a harm to other drivers and teams, contrary to Sainz who did harm none, but was the only one to receive a penalti #-o
That still doesn't excuse Sainz. Only condemns the stewards. They didn't bother with backmarkers apparently, and allowed Gasly to swindle out of it thanks to the team and teammate. This is what was wrong.

There's no such thing as "not considered race", that's pure nonsense. He committed a foul, and damaged another car. They red flagged it and started again. By your "logic" nothing counts but crossing the the line with the checkered flag waving, because that is the only thing that counts for the final result.

mzso
mzso

Zynerji wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 05:22
LeClerc has cost Ferrari more in parts replacement than Mick has with HAAS.

Not a.huge fan of win or bin. That's Charles' way.🙄
Eh? In what way? That one little spin in qualifying in Miami? Don't be ridiculous.

Zynerji

mzso wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 12:39
Zynerji wrote:

Eh? In what way? That one little spin in qualifying in Miami? Don't be ridiculous.
No. I mean over his time at the team. There's been lots of shunts. 🙄

mzso
mzso

Zynerji wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 15:49
mzso wrote:
Zynerji wrote:

There haven't. And even fewer big ones. It's pointless comparing to Verstappen now, or Hamilton earlier. Because if you have the fastest car there's no point in taking any risks.

Just look at how many crashes, collisions Verstappen caused before they caught up to Mercedes two years ago

Zynerji

mzso wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 16:12
Zynerji wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 15:49
mzso wrote:

There haven't. And even fewer big ones. It's pointless comparing to Verstappen now, or Hamilton earlier. Because if you have the fastest car there's no point in taking any risks.

Just look at how many crashes, collisions Verstappen caused before they caught up to Mercedes two years ago
Nice DARVO. 🙄

Win or bin.

Vanja #66

mzso wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 12:02
What do you base this on? That they mainly have suspension issues, or at all? I consider it highly unlikely that they don't have a hefty aero handicap. By the looks of it Ferrari and Williams has the dumbest, plainest floor.
How can you be so fast in Q (when the team doesn't screw Leclerc up) if you have a hefty aero handicap?
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

mzso
mzso

Vanja #66 wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 21:43
mzso wrote:
What do you base this on? That they mainly have suspension issues, or at all? I consider it highly unlikely that they don't have a hefty aero handicap. By the looks of it Ferrari and Williams has the dumbest, plainest floor.
How can you be so fast in Q (when the team doesn't screw Leclerc up) if you have a hefty aero handicap?
Brilliant driver? :)

LM10
LM10

mzso wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 22:26
Vanja #66 wrote:
mzso wrote:
Brilliant driver? :)
Would Leclerc fight for front row in qualifying in the Williams (you know, the second car with the “dumbest” floor)?

Fer.Fan
Fer.Fan

Hi all

What do you think, blanked tyre test for Pirelli in Barcelona, can that help Ferrari understand their suspention issue? They did a lot of laps.

organic

Fer.Fan wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 07:37
Hi all

What do you think, blanked tyre test for Pirelli in Barcelona, can that help Ferrari understand their suspention issue? They did a lot of laps.
Can't hurt can it :) but I'd be wary of being optimistic about Ferrari understanding their tyre/suspension issues at least this season..

hape
hape

mzso wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 22:26
Vanja #66 wrote:
mzso wrote:
I presume, but of course I’m not an expert in aerodynamics like some others, the problem is not so much suspension but it is an aerodynamic problem.
This car needs to be in the exact position like in the wind tunnel and it performs really well. When there is a cross wind or the street is bumpy it looses a lot of aerodynamic performance.
In qualifying they manage that because the weight of the car is a constant and the tyres are fresh. Come the race, the weight difference from start to finish is a 105kg difference, tyres don’t produce the same grip over a stint so a lot of variables kick in and it looks like this car becomes to peaky to find a good compromise. It would also explain why a few races ago the back of the car so often snapped away in fast corners. It’s inconsistency.

Andres125sx

mzso wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 12:16
That still doesn't excuse Sainz. Only condemns the stewards. They didn't bother with backmarkers apparently, and allowed Gasly to swindle out of it thanks to the team and teammate. This is what was wrong.

There's no such thing as "not considered race", that's pure nonsense. He committed a foul, and damaged another car. They red flagged it and started again. By your "logic" nothing counts but crossing the the line with the checkered flag waving, because that is the only thing that counts for the final result.
A part of a race when cars who crashed or went out of track can rejoin the race at the position they were before that incident, is a part of the race wich is not considered race. Sorry if my poor english do not allow me to express it better, but it was a part of the race wich was not considered on final result

Yes, obviously nothing counts except crossing the line with the checkered flag waving, and anything wich affects this fact. That is what racing is about mate :wink:

Efectively disqualifying someone for a mistake on a part of the race wich didn´t count, and didn´t affect anyone, is the most harsh penalty I´ve seen in my life probably. Small mistake with no consequences for anyone, disqualified from the race? Seriously? #-o

That happens to Lecrerc, and the forum would be in flames

mzso
mzso

Andres125sx wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 12:19
A part of a race when cars who crashed or went out of track can rejoin the race at the position they were before that incident, is a part of the race wich is not considered race. Sorry if my poor english do not allow me to express it better, but it was a part of the race wich was not considered on final result

Yes, obviously nothing counts except crossing the line with the checkered flag waving, and anything wich affects this fact. That is what racing is about mate :wink:

Efectively disqualifying someone for a mistake on a part of the race wich didn´t count, and didn´t affect anyone, is the most harsh penalty I´ve seen in my life probably. Small mistake with no consequences for anyone, disqualified from the race? Seriously? #-o

That happens to Lecrerc, and the forum would be in flames
You still use "effectively disqualifying", which is still nonsense, because he wasn't he just didn't score points. As is "race which is not part of the race", or "didn't count". It did count. See Alpine Alpha Tauri and Williams.

As for starting in the same order, it was really the only option because the crash happened within 2 turns. There was no recorded running order because they didn't reach the end of the sector.

Vanja #66

mzso wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 15:59
You still use "effectively disqualifying", which is still nonsense, because he wasn't he just didn't score points. As is "race which is not part of the race", or "didn't count". It did count. See Alpine Alpha Tauri and Williams.

As for starting in the same order, it was really the only option because the crash happened within 2 turns. There was no recorded running order because they didn't reach the end of the sector.
I think the key thing is that Sainz didn't really think about the consequences of braking so late and potentially taking someone out like that with 2-3 laps to go. 5s penalty was always coming and that's a one-way ticket to the bottom of the grid. You don't do that unless it's a last-race-last-lap move for Championship.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Andres125sx

I find it curious that on june 12th we´re talking about Sainz mistake more than two months ago (april 2nd), instead of Lecrerc poor perfomance on last race, when he was out of the points on merit, no accidents, no penalties, just poor perfomance

Or about Ferrari upgrades for last GP wich didn´t work at all :roll:

Using Sainz as a scapegoat? #-o