2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
BassVirolla

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Redragon wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 19:35
BassVirolla wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 13:06
peewon wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 09:46

What you're saying about the situation at RB with Max is true. But if he actually did receive an offer and turned it down, then I don't agree with the decision. Unless he did it out of loyalty to AM, which is a personal decision based on emotion or value system so understandable and cant be argued with.

Someone like Norris turning it down coz of Max's (and his camp's) entrenchment at RB makes sense. Hes at a good team and many years to land a winning opportunity better than being a no.2 at RB. For Alonso, youre only realistically looking at 2-3 years.

For 2025, you go from 0% chance of winning a title to about 20-25% at RB with all the disadvantages there. You're also almost guaranteed to win at least one race if not multiple races. Id put at least one race win at above 80% probability at RB for Alonso. Who knows about 2026.

But alas, its done now.
Some time ago I read an article which said that Alonso didn't want to be sponsored by an energy drink, because it's an unhealthy product marketed towards young people.

I'd love to find it another time, but I've tried some times without success.

Nevertheless, it could be true or not. And also could make some sense, even if totally false.
Also is embassador of a natural energy drink
Yes, I've quoted myself elaborating a bit about this fact.

Redragon

Even if Redbull was on cards. Don’t think Alonso would be interested as he would not be treated as a possible number 1 driver. Even if he would be ahead. He learned the lesson in 2007. Also the fact that AM have better plan for 2026. Good investment, great technical team and a manufacturer engine, honda. Redbull is producing its own without much experience on it. About Mercedes, they are clearly no better so far this year and Allison is in charge with whom alonso has worked already with him at Ferrari and despite having biggest budget and unlimited resources at the time he couldn’t give Alonso a winning car at Ferrari. Don’t think he will produce at Mercedes either with limited budgets. Also Russell is Toto little puppy so probably would not be treated too as number 1 driver. So the options was clear retire or sign with AM. For sure he probably tested the waters with Briatore to see what was possible. But he clearly stated from the beginning of the year his intentions to continue with AM or retire.

Otromundo

Redragon wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 02:33
Even if Redbull was on cards. Don’t think Alonso would be interested as he would not be treated as a possible number 1 driver. Even if he would be ahead. He learned the lesson in 2007. Also the fact that AM have better plan for 2026. Good investment, great technical team and a manufacturer engine, honda. Redbull is producing its own without much experience on it. About Mercedes, they are clearly no better so far this year and Allison is in charge with whom alonso has worked already with him at Ferrari and despite having biggest budget and unlimited resources at the time he couldn’t give Alonso a winning car at Ferrari. Don’t think he will produce at Mercedes either with limited budgets. Also Russell is Toto little puppy so probably would not be treated too as number 1 driver. So the options was clear retire or sign with AM. For sure he probably tested the waters with Briatore to see what was possible. But he clearly stated from the beginning of the year his intentions to continue with AM or retire.
I completely agree.
At first I had my doubts about his relationship with AM, it could simply be taking advantage of an opportunity to fill his pocket before retiring. But then the incredible start to last season happened. Those at AM seemed to be completely committed to their work.
Then I thought that Alonso had finally found his place, a miracle had happened. I think he thought the same too.
Now the point is that we can see constant progress during the season. That modifications do not have to be rectified by going back. I think the team learned a lot last year and that they will be able to give us small but also great joys.
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

any update for China?

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

selvam_e2002 wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 13:04
any update for China?
Need? I mean if they really solved the tyre degradation problems, then China will be just learning about the Japan upgrades. Aston have good DRS and top speed so China shoud be better than Japan !

diffuser

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 14:06
selvam_e2002 wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 13:04
any update for China?
Need? I mean if they really solved the tyre degradation problems, then China will be just learning about the Japan upgrades. Aston have good DRS and top speed so China shoud be better than Japan !
Agreed. Learn and apply what they learned from the data they captured in Japan, as they didn't have alot of time to setup the car in Japan. They will not have alot of time in China either to setup the car, sprint weekend.

SSJ4
SSJ4

dont they allow parc ferme changes for sprint weekends this year compared to last. or did i misinterpret something i read

PlatinumZealot

Lance is no threat to Alonso. Looking dominant all the way into retirement even if he never wins another race.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Big Gun
Big Gun

CHT wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 03:28
NAPI10 wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 03:01
CHT wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 02:02

I think Lance Stroll should step aside and look for seat in other team instead.
I have a gut feeling; Sainz will replace Lance.
It's not often such a talented driver available to grab in the market. Lawrence will take the call & offload stakes to Aramco.
I dont think it would be wise for Sainz's career to be teamed up against Alonso...

Yes, Sainz will be an asset to the team. Having 2 Spanish bulls in the team will be exciting

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

NAPI10 wrote:
CHT wrote:
NAPI10 wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 00:36
Good decision for both parties. Team loves Alonso & wants to make him the priority.
I just want to see Alonso winning at least one race for the team this season or next.
It's not often such a talented driver available to grab in the market. Lawrence will take the call & offload stakes to Aramco.
There hasn't been any indication that Sainz is negotiating with Aston Martin.

Big Gun
Big Gun

AR3-GP wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 18:00
NAPI10 wrote:
CHT wrote:

He should go to Mec or Red Bull, If he goes to Aston Martin I pedict Alonso would dominate him with his consistant racepace, Sainz gets away with it at Ferrari as Lecerc has up an down weekends of late which Alonso like Max is so constistant...
There hasn't been any indication that Sainz is negotiating with Aston Martin.

Joseki
Joseki

The team share some photos of the works on building 2 and 3

https://www.astonmartinf1.com/en-GB/new ... take-shape

The new simulator and wind tunnel should be operative from september/october of this year, just in time for lift of the ban on 2026 windtunnel/CFD.

diffuser

SSJ4 wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 15:54
dont they allow parc ferme changes for sprint weekends this year compared to last. or did i misinterpret something i read
It wouldn't be fermé if they did, It would be parc ouvert !

CHT
CHT

Big Gun wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 17:44
CHT wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 03:28
NAPI10 wrote:

I dont think it would be wise for Sainz's career to be teamed up against Alonso...

Yes, Sainz will be an asset to the team. Having 2 Spanish bulls in the team will be exciting
Alonso's role in AM may extend beyond being a driver. in a couple of year he may be promoted to become Team Principal.

vas_04614
vas_04614

diffuser wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 22:34
SSJ4 wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 15:54
It wouldn't be fermé if they did, It would be parc ouvert !
There will be 2 parc ferme. One after sprint shootout on Friday and one after quali on Saturday.

So, teams do get 2nd chance to make setup for actual f1 quali and race.

But think there is 3 hour gap between sprint and quali. Not sure when FIA will give cars back to teams post sprint checks and then depends on time available to prep car for quali and how much setup changes will be possible in that time.

Mechanics will be busy.