2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Cassius
Cassius

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I agree it is likely we have seen the last update of the season in Austin. As Marko said, a new front wing requires another floor update. I think they wanted to confirm the direction they have moved in since Baku was fully fixing the balance disconnect on a more traditional circuit and not also complicate things with an flexiwing.

Rikhart
Rikhart

I made a post some days ago, to me the wing seems to flex a lot more now, and it would make sense because of new floor.

Cassius
Cassius

Rikhart wrote:
22 Oct 2024, 23:53
I made a post some days ago, to me the wing seems to flex a lot more now, and it would make sense because of new floor.
Videos do not work for me in that post. When I look at f1tv footage I don’t see more flex. Also I don’t see the full wing bending down like with McLaren, Ferrari and Mercedes.

basti313
basti313

Cassius wrote:
23 Oct 2024, 08:11
Rikhart wrote:
22 Oct 2024, 23:53
Videos do not work for me in that post. When I look at f1tv footage I don’t see more flex. Also I don’t see the full wing bending down like with McLaren, Ferrari and Mercedes.
I think you would also see it in the material. Especially Merc is using a much thinner material in the bendy upper part.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Wouter

PapayaFan481 wrote:
22 Oct 2024, 22:11
Wouter wrote:
22 Oct 2024, 12:30

@Wazari a few years ago and he explaned why it wasn't there anymore.
BTW, @Wazari wasn't on the forum since last April. :( I hope everything is ok with him. 🙏
As I understand it, he left because people were questioning him over things that, frankly, we're not even remotely in doubt. He had proven himself to be a reliable source multiple times, but a small number of posters wanted to try and prove that they knew better every single time he posted.
That was years ago. Those people were banned from the forum. He posted less because he got a job not related to the current F1 PU.
He stayed reading the forum every day till last April and that stopped at once.

This was his last post:

viewtopic.php?p=1178824#p1178824

This was his third last post:
Wazari wrote:
10 Aug 2023, 02:50
Looks like the long vacation (retirement) is over. Back to Sakura we go. I going to have to get a AMR cap soon.
The Power of Dreams!

Bill
Bill

organic wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 02:45
Put Lawson or Tsunoda in Perez's seat asap

Honda will try to leverage Tsunoda in for 2025

And on the topic of the WCC position.. it's extremely rare for WDC to be won by a car finishing less than 1st in wcc, let alone 3rd. Anyone know the last time it was done?
Honda had their own team but gave it to Brawn for a dollar ,they also had opportunity to do something great with redbull but decided to abandon that ship too. I just don't see yuki in a redbull ,the interest of Honda do not align with that of redbull.if you are Marko and decide to enlist a Honda driver that will conflict with redbull own young driver development program. he will be out of jop .they had to justify the Development budget.

basti313
basti313

Bill wrote:
23 Oct 2024, 12:56
organic wrote:

And on the topic of the WCC position.. it's extremely rare for WDC to be won by a car finishing less than 1st in wcc, let alone 3rd. Anyone know the last time it was done?
Honda had their own team but gave it to Brawn for a dollar ,they also had opportunity to do something great with redbull but decided to abandon that ship too. I just don't see yuki in a redbull ,the interest of Honda do not align with that of redbull.if you are Marko and decide to enlist a Honda driver that will conflict with redbull own young driver development program. he will be out of jop .they had to justify the Development budget.
I would not aim like this at Honda, it is corporate and corporate makes discissions.
The interesting point in any case is how Yuki ended up in the Alpha Tauri. Was there anything in the engine contract or was he cheap? Is Honda paying his salary?
If it is the salary, nothing changes, Yuki will stay in the RB maybe even for 26. The biggest issue is that he can not go to Aston.

Wouter

basti313 wrote:
23 Oct 2024, 13:10
Bill wrote:
organic wrote:

I would not aim like this at Honda, it is corporate and corporate makes discissions.

The interesting point in any case is how Yuki ended up in the Alpha Tauri. Was there anything in the engine contract or was he cheap? Is Honda paying his salary?

If it is the salary, nothing changes, Yuki will stay in the RB maybe even for 26. The biggest issue is that he can not go to Aston.
At the end of 2018, Tsunoda was announced to join Jenzer Motorsport in the newly announced FIA Formula 3 Championship.
Before that he was racing in the Japanese F4.
One day Helmut Marko was watching Yuki at a race in F3 and then he became a RB junior driver, so RB payed everything for Yuki.
Tsunoda also competed for Motopark in the Euroformula Open Championship, following the cancellation of Formula European Masters.

Helmut Marko put Yuki in the AlphaTauri and NO he wasn't cheap and No Honda didn't pay his salary! #-o
The Power of Dreams!

organic

Colder weather with smooth surface at Mexico favours McLaren and moves window away from Ferrari. So McLaren likely to be the big rivals this weekend, even with Ferrari's step forward. If they don't mess the setup up again maybe it won't have to just be damaged limitation, but my hopes aren't high to be honest

SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

organic wrote:
23 Oct 2024, 14:35
Colder weather with smooth surface at Mexico favours McLaren and moves window away from Ferrari. So McLaren likely to be the big rivals this weekend, even with Ferrari's step forward. If they don't mess the setup up again maybe it won't have to just be damaged limitation, but my hopes aren't high to be honest
Might favour Mercedes too I think. Not sure if they’ll have race winning pace, but could be a disastrous weekend for Red Bull if they are the 4th fastest team.

Vettel165

High altitude is good for Red Bull and softer tyres with less deg than in Austin. Also Max won 5 races here, even in 2017,2018 when Mercedes and Ferrari were much faster. Usually he makes the difference here, hope it goes well. Will be happy with a podium, or being ahead of Lando.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Forgive me but why do people think soft tires favor Red Bull?
A lion must kill its prey.

Bill
Bill

Wouter wrote:
23 Oct 2024, 13:29
basti313 wrote:
23 Oct 2024, 13:10
Bill wrote:

At the end of 2018, Tsunoda was announced to join Jenzer Motorsport in the newly announced FIA Formula 3 Championship.
Before that he was racing in the Japanese F4.
One day Helmut Marko was watching Yuki at a race in F3 and then he became a RB junior driver, so RB payed everything for Yuki.
Tsunoda also competed for Motopark in the Euroformula Open Championship, following the cancellation of Formula European Masters.

Helmut Marko put Yuki in the AlphaTauri and NO he wasn't cheap and No Honda didn't pay his salary! #-o
yuki is from Honda school no doubt that's why Honda management are pushing for him to be in a redbull .Honda shouldn't be in these position begging and hoping that redbull make a star out of their home driver.they made some very stupid decision in the past and they are paying for them. they are a large organization they should have weathered the financial crises storm.they strengthened their competitor merc. greed got the better of them.as to who paid for yuki European junior series no one has the paper to prove its just speculation

basti313
basti313

AR3-GP wrote:
23 Oct 2024, 15:23
The question is how...I do not think tire allocation in general is the point. They had handling issues and with a softer tire you can better drive around these handling issues. The question is if you can still make softer tires last for the race. So this is not an easy connection...

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
23 Oct 2024, 15:23
McLaren and Ferrari have seemed better on the harder compounds I'd say?