2017 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 14-16 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
RZS10

Re: 2017 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 14-16 July

Phil wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 15:41
Thanks, but poor me is on roaming (and its expensive as ****).... :(
Here's a low res pic should not be too heavy on mobile data, GRO claims he could have caught the Force Indias (~0.3s) - he then messed up his second attempt.

GRO and HAM are with the stewards looking at replays and data apparently (or will do shortly) ... it's either a reprimand or up to 3 places grid drop

rssh

Merc is so stupid not to inform HAM, that a penatly I think.

TAG

Juzh wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 15:25
Wynters wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 15:24
Juzh wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 15:23
No, he didn't. He still managed personal best.
Ferrari had nine sets this weekend. Not having a spare set put aside for the closing seconds of Q1 seems paticularly crazy :(
Either they didn't have a new set, or opted not to use them, which seems a bit far fetched.
Was is about the set or was it more about complains where Ferrari released him? Vettel seemed to have taken an extra helping of whinny today after his Q3 attempt, perhaps he was bothered already due to the tires and the track position was the icing on the cake. In any case, it's never a good idea to throw your team under the bus over the radio.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Shrieker

What a blinder by Lewis! Shame if he gets a penalty. It is what it is tho.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Juzh

Juzh

TAG wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 15:52
Juzh wrote:
Wynters wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 15:24
Ferrari had nine sets this weekend. Not having a spare set put aside for the closing seconds of Q1 seems paticularly crazy :(
Either they didn't have a new set, or opted not to use them, which seems a bit far fetched.
Was is about the set or was it more about complains where Ferrari released him? Vettel seemed to have taken an extra helping of whinny today after his Q3 attempt, perhaps he was bothered already due to the tires and the track position was the icing on the cake. In any case, it's never a good idea to throw your team under the bus over the radio.
Whatever mate, I'm not interested.

Phil

RZS10 wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 15:48
Phil wrote:
Here's a low res pic should not be too heavy on mobile data, GRO claims he could have caught the Force Indias (~0.3s) - he then messed up his second attempt.

http://i.imgur.com/WbFrQZv.png

GRO and HAM are with the stewards looking at replays and data apparently (or will do shortly) ... it's either a reprimand or up to 3 places grid drop
Wow, thanks!!! As far as i see it, the stewards can only lose here. No penalty would be inconsistent, penalty and it would be opening a whole new can of worms IMO. It sucks that something like that, however unfortunate, can result in a penalty. GRO will not gain anything from it, no matter how high it could realistically be.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

matt_b
matt_b

No further action, beautiful lap from Lewis.

TAG

Juzh wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 15:56
TAG wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 15:52
Juzh wrote:

Whatever mate, I'm not interested.
No worries, Hamilton keeps his pole so we'll have a good scrap at the top tomorrow!
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

GPR-A duplicate2

Lewis genuinely apologized in press conference. What else does the Stewards and FIA want more?

Wynters
Wynters

GPR-A wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 16:04
Lewis genuinely apologized in press conference. What else does that Stewards and FIA want more?
Perhaps to discourage people from getting in the way of other people on hot laps. Suppose this had been the other way around? Suppose Hamilton had messed up his first lap and, this time, Grosjean blocks him and stops him getting into the top 6? Or, suppose we're at Monaco and it's Vettel 'making a gap' at Rascasse?

Another disappointing call by the Stewards. :(

GPR-A duplicate2

Wynters wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 16:08
GPR-A wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 16:04
Lewis genuinely apologized in press conference. What else does that Stewards and FIA want more?
Perhaps to discourage people from getting in the way of other people on hot laps. Suppose this had been the other way around? Suppose Hamilton had messed up his first lap and, this time, Grosjean blocks him and stops him getting into the top 6? Or, suppose we're at Monaco and it's Vettel 'making a gap' at Rascasse?

Another disappointing call by the Stewards. :(
None of what you have mentioned, is worse than a driver deliberately banging his car with another car. So, as per FIA standards, a honest apology is enough to get out of the bigger crime, then in this case, even an apology isn't required. Still, Lewis has apologized. That's big.

atanatizante

RZS10 wrote:
15 Jul 2017, 15:48
Phil wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/WbFrQZv.png

1. On Sky they said Lewis left enough space after the start-stop line and in addition Grosjean improved on that particular lap by 3 tenths ... and that will be sufficient for the stewards to take no further action ...

2. Alonso didn`t easy off his hot lap for Vandoorne, he was just having a car with a setup more (if not almost) towards the race ... same thing between Lewis and Bottas : no way to have almost 8 tenths between them (bar Montreal :mrgreen: )
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Phil

IMO they shot themselves in the foot in Baku.

To make it better though:

- IMO it should account for something to what degree the offence was. As far as i understand, he was impeeded on his first Q3 lap. As in - he had a second attempt. Then also to see what he realistically could have achieved if he had not been blocked etc.

But yeah, rules are rules and should be rules...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

nacho
nacho

Bottas very slow or made some mistakes?