2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

Whatever the issue was with Daniel today, one thing is clear though, we’ll need both cars competitive if we’re going to hold on to P3. Getting 5th in the race with only one car scoring may not be enough.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

CjC
CjC

Emag wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 16:30
Ferrari had very good pace today. A little bit scared for next week. Need Ricciardo closer next time around.
Almost like Ferrari and McLaren swapped round a bit. Mclaren looking to improve quali performance and Ferrari looking for race pace answers :lol:
Just a fan's point of view

UnaF1
UnaF1

Emag wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 16:29
UnaF1 wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 16:26
Come on guys, stop calling RIC unlucky, he's supposed to be proven race winner. Race winner!!!
He had an engine problem. We don't know if it was persistent throughout the race. Up until the problem he was doing very well, on course to overtake Russell / Alonso.

Nobody would be defending him if he just slipped back because of his abysmal pace.
I'm not talking just about today's race. He's been flopping badly if you consider his reputation, and it has to be noticed, as he's no rookie. If you ask me, his credit is running out...

Emag
Emag

Ground Effect wrote:
27 Jun 2021, 16:34
Whatever the issue was with Daniel today, one thing is clear though, we’ll need both cars competitive if we’re going to hold on to P3. Getting 5th in the race with only one car scoring may not be enough.
It is not. 6-9 is enough for Ferrari to match the points 5th gets you, and anything better than that gives you more points. It's a team game, you need both cars scoring.

CjC
CjC

Also this is a rear limited circuit which isn’t as much as a problem for Ferrari- Silverstone will be the next big test for them
Just a fan's point of view

Darth-Piekus

That is true. In general Ricciardo's weekend was hampered despite starting well on Friday. Something was off on Saturday and a problem appearing on Sunday pretty much gave the chance to Ferrrari to close the gap. It was pure luck though I must say.

So far however there is only one race where Daniel performed and that was the one before.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Emag wrote:Ferrari had very good pace today. A little bit scared for next week. Need Ricciardo closer next time around.
Ferrari had great pace… Leclerc benefited from running on Mediums in the last stint… Carlos pace was comparable to Lando’s who seemingly was just managing the gap to 6th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferrarifire
ferrarifire

McLaren may go for better race pace setup next week rather than qualifying setup.

Xero

Daniels pace in clear air was actually pretty decent. Had it not been for the PU issue he would have been in around the Ferrari's for sure. Then everyone would be saying well done. Fine margins folks!

Chicane
Chicane

Anybody who followed the live timing would know that Ricciardo was struggling on corner exits. He struggled to get close to cars on much older tyres when they had no DRS. Least bothered about the result, what i wanted to see was an improvement in pace. Be it in clear air or in traffic his pace was less than satisfactory to say the least.
Quickshifter

DragonSGC
DragonSGC

I do wonder, despite the switch fixes he had to do early, if the PU problem persisted in some fashion throughout the race, as a PU issue would be seen under traction as well.

Emag
Emag

He must have had some sort of a persisting issue. H was doing so well initially. Clearly faster than both Russell and Alonso ahead of him, and then the problem occurs, he slips back behind Raikkonen and suddenly he can't keep up with an Alfa Romeo?

You don't forget how to drive mid-race. The problem he had must have been persisting to some degree throughout the race.

Chicane
Chicane

Quickshifter

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Emag wrote:He must have had some sort of a persisting issue. H was doing so well initially. Clearly faster than both Russell and Alonso ahead of him, and then the problem occurs, he slips back behind Raikkonen and suddenly he can't keep up with an Alfa Romeo?

You don't forget how to drive mid-race. The problem he had must have been persisting to some degree throughout the race.
It doesn’t seem like he was struggling after the issue, he simply didn’t have enough pace to make the move on cars with slipstream… That’s why I was surprised that the team didn’t put him in Soft tires… Quiet risky, but knowing how much he struggled in the DRS train, the tire advantage in those first 10 laps could have been enough to get back on the points and then just settle and take advantage of the slipstream ahead.

It was a tough race, hopefully they’ve learned a few things for next week, when we have to do it all over again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bauc

Another solid P5 from NOR, too bad Danny had a PU related issue and his race was over when he ended up behind the DRS train.

Better luck next week boys!
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg