2021 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, July 30 - Aug 01

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.

Re: 2021 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, July 30 - Aug 01

ringo wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 07:09
ispano6 wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 03:09
214270 wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 01:54
Yup, I think HAM just believes the contact unnecessary is all; he’s in the running for a championship, makes sense if you think about it.

Wow, just wow. Ham is getting good at the front left to rear right tactic isn't he.
look on his steering. he turning away and alonso is turning in.. this pic is only proving Hamilton's point.
Yes exactly.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

nzjrs

I honestly can't believe people are engaging with Ringo's crazy oxygen bottle Covid GOAT correction factor fever dream.

Roo
Roo

Shrieker wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 09:04
Kingshark wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 00:57
Spain was a perfectly legitimate move.
Hamilton jumped out of the way and prevented both cars from being totalled there. You've cut your connection with reality, but honestly, not something I haven't seen before.
Kingshark wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 00:57
On the current grid, Alonso and Verstappen are truly a level above anyone else at racing wheel to wheel.
Sure. Whatever floats your boat. If Max goes the way he does, then he'll just ensure Hamilton wins this year. Look how they manage the risks. It's completely non-existent on Ver's side. He'd rather have contact with an effin Haas and risk damage or crashing, than move another half a meter wide :lol:

Yeah, that kind driving mentality will win him the title. How you can claim he is the best at wheel to wheel by a wide margin right after that, is beyond logic.
And while Alonso implies he raised his game for Lewis. What is he normally doing, coasting? Occupting a seat just for cash?

I see no evidence that says MV is the best wheel to wheel drive.

Mchamilton
Mchamilton

ispano6 wrote:
214270 wrote:
Wow, just wow. Ham is getting good at the front left to rear right tactic isn't he.
Really? It was alonso who moved further over to the right onto Hamiltons line. I swear some people dont even watch the races yet still feel the urge to make incorrect comments

El Scorchio

Mchamilton wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 10:55
ispano6 wrote:
214270 wrote:
Really? It was alonso who moved further over to the right onto Hamiltons line. I swear some people dont even watch the races yet still feel the urge to make incorrect comments
Absolutely agree.
On the contrary, I don't think you'd have seen any other two drivers able to have such a fantastic, close, prolonged battle without someone coming a cropper. Magnificent racing from the pair of them.

Magicsenna_41
Magicsenna_41

Kingshark wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 07:26
ringo wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 07:14
You are comparing a 36 year old with 21 year olds with Covid-19 lung damage?
Then you say the person is looking for sympathy. How low can you go?
Do you think that Lewis should take time out for his own safety and those around him? If he feels unfit to race, should he even be allowed to race?
Hamilton is under investigation!
Should he ever race again.

Man, God knows you may deeply wish him not the best.

But glad that Hamilton is used to all this hate. Hope Max will be OK with all the bad comments on him... Seems not the case since he exploded in the qualy press conf.

Magicsenna_41
Magicsenna_41

El Scorchio wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 11:07
Mchamilton wrote:
ispano6 wrote:

Absolutely agree.
On the contrary, I don't think you'd have seen any other two drivers able to have such a fantastic, close, prolonged battle without someone coming a cropper. Magnificent racing from the pair of them.
Yes great battle but again Hamilton avoided an accident. Should be noted.

peewon

Mchamilton wrote:
ispano6 wrote:
214270 wrote:
Its not Hamilton's line. His front tyre is next to Alonso's rear. Thats not sufficiently being along side. The racing line moves right on that straight to open room for the left at turn 4. Actually Lewis is sticking his car in places which is risky just like Copse but this time hes on the outside. Still more risky for Alonso because its like a pit maneuver.

nzjrs

ringo wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 08:14
ispano6 wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 07:57

But you are implying that he is faking it to look for sympathy? really?

I think the quality of posters here has really degraded.

Yet max has a little visit to the medic, and his team fake that he is in the hospital;

Where is the humane decency?
The quoted poster wrote all these words. Together. In the same post. Unironically.

El Scorchio

Magicsenna_41 wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 11:31
El Scorchio wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 11:07
Mchamilton wrote:

Absolutely agree.
Yes great battle but again Hamilton avoided an accident. Should be noted.
I'd say they both did. They got very close but both left enough space. Some of Alonso's defence was robust but it was fair. The key is he knows how far he can push it, and Hamilton knows when to back out and live to fight another day and wait for a better opportunity. He showed a lot of patience when another driver might well have forced a move that wasn't really on. Alonso was the one with far less to lose, and that always needs to be taken into account in the mental calculation for any battle.

I can't really fault Alonso's defence, and I don't want to.

Roo
Roo

peewon wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 11:39
Mchamilton wrote:
ispano6 wrote:

Its not Hamilton's line. His front tyre is next to Alonso's rear. Thats not sufficiently being along side. The racing line moves right on that straight to open room for the left at turn 4. Actually Lewis is sticking his car in places which is risky just like Copse but this time hes on the outside. Still more risky for Alonso because its like a pit maneuver.
#-o :roll:

Magicsenna_41
Magicsenna_41

peewon wrote:
03 Aug 2021, 11:39
Mchamilton wrote:
ispano6 wrote:

Once great Alonso said: 'all the time you have to leave a space!' 😁

Incognito
Incognito

This thread is amazing. In the immediate aftermath of the race there are almost uniformly positive comments about Verstappen, almost uniformly positive comments about Vettel, almost uniformly positive comments about Alonso, almost uniformly condemnation of Bottas, someone may have mentioned Stroll...and the rest of it has been people attacking Hamilton for:-
'Ordering' Bottas to initiate a multi-car pileup
'Lying' about Alonso hitting him because there was no contact
Blaming Hamilton for 'deliberately' crashing with Alonso
Not being alongside when the cars touch
Not passing Alonso fast enough
'Faking' being ill to get sympathy
That he's so ill he shouldn't be racing
Having rapper friends
Saying inequality is bad

And that's just off the top of my head. And with this delusional bullsh1ttery, an inevitable childish squabble breaks out. Well done for avoiding the overtly racist comments this time though, that's a real step up from the last race thread =D> .

This could have been a thread actually about the Hungarian Grand Prix, discussing what a great job almost the entire field did in difficult and unusual conditions. But no...

At least there isn't anyone dogpiling onto Ocon for not personally checking on the conditions and whereabouts of everyone who was involved in the T1 catastrophe before celebrating. It's weird that something that was such an obvious and important concern has suddenly stopped being a thing though...just like it wasn't a thing before Silverstone...weird... :wtf:

aMessageToCharlie
aMessageToCharlie

What about Mick Schumacher? I thought it was great seeing him battle Max. Historic moment? And Max giving him that wheel bang "clap" when overtaking was legendary. Not sure if it was intentional or lucky that he didnt crash but it was great to watch.

Incognito
Incognito

I thought he drove a great race. It's a shame that the battle with Verstappen ended like it did, but Schumacher went on to have a couple more good scraps. Holding someone like Verstappen behind him for so long will do wonders for both his experience and his confidence.