2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

zoroastar wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 08:12
diffuser wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 07:41
Lucky too, the VSR pit stop. Then Russell's accident saved what look like tragedy for Alonso cause he started to have problems. Sounded like a PU missing or something.

They weren't sure they were gonna make it back to the pits.
i wonder if that has anything to do with mercedes claiming that alonso brake tested russell to cause that wreck. of course they are gonna say that though. same thing happened last season when alonso moved over to let hamilton pass
Not really!

https://x.com/AMF1News/status/1771778179880964454?s=20

xReVo
xReVo

Who cares if the penalty arrives or not, it's unfair in any case and it's still a 6th place, they don't take away a victory from you. I hope this race is the definitive test for those in this forum who continue to think that Aston Martin can fight for the podium, race pace at Haas level.

KimiRai
KimiRai

20 sec penalty, demoted to P8. Ridiculous

-wkst-
-wkst-

Ashwinv16 wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 21:23
-wkst- wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 16:16
issey wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 15:14
Talking with you is useless cause you don’t want to accept other opinions, everyone needs to be ur opinion.

When I check the facts than I’m seeing that Alonso was faster than the McLaren until his error and floor damage and with a good lap he would’ve "definitely" take Norris place 😉

Ps: Maybe you should check the facts about the 2 set of softs in Q2 too. 😁
It's not an opinion when you just spray fake news:

Q2:
Ferrari: 1 used new set - first outing scrubbed set - second outing new set
Red Bull: 1 used new set - only one outing with a new set
McLaren: 1 used new set - first outing new set - second outing scrubbed set
Alonso: 2 used new sets - first outing new set - second outing new set
Stroll already had to use 2 new sets in Q1, only had one fresh for Q2 and Q3...

ALO did a 17.1 in his first Q2 attempt with new tyres - 5 tenths slower than PIA (also with new tyres) and 4 tenths slower than NOR (also with new tyres)

ALO did a 16.7 in his second Q2 attempt with new tyres - still slower than the earlier McLaren times

ALO also wasn't quicker than the McLaren in the first Q3 sector until the mistake.

So what are you talking? All what you wrote is just not true.
Q2 first attempt was on old tyres. In second attempt, his fastest time was set on his sixth lap and stroll set it on the fourth lap. Aston's pace was very confusing. Honestly though in Q3 the car had pace for P4, both the drivers did not extract it, making mistakes (but it also looked like the car couldn't get the tyres to work until the second lap)
No, he used a new set in his first Q2 attempt, the app could be wrong but not the live feed (they showed the cars going out of the pits, ALO had a brand new set…).

Second attempt in Q2 his first flyer (2nd lap) was a 16.7 and his second flyer (4th lap) was a 16.7, slightly quicker, boxed afterwards. That was a 5 laps stint…

At latest the race showed everybody where they belonged this weekend.

Also one of the weakest weekends of ALO at AMR so far in my opinion.

KimiRai
KimiRai

peewon wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 09:24
Well Johnny Herbert is a steward so you expect a severe penalty.
You were indeed right. He's still not a world champion.

abhi1200
abhi1200

Alonso handed over 20 sec penalty

KimiRai
KimiRai

Well nothing new for Alonso fans, it's been like this forever. Still remember monza 2006. It's a tragedy but it's never going to change so you just have to live with it

Slahinki
Slahinki

KimiRai wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 11:07
20 sec penalty, demoted to P8. Ridiculous
Absolutely ridiculous indeed. Penalising Alonso because Russell is chronically unable to keep it out of the wall when he's under pressure.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Don’t find it that easy to judge. ALO slowed down so much, while in a fight, that he had to speed up before the corner. Very unusual.

On the other side such --- just happens with crash kids like RUS. Put HAM into the car, there would be no crash and probably therefore no penalty, although HAM would criticize that maneuver too.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

tottally robbed

KimiRai
KimiRai

Double points for the team and a better race pace than the rest of the weekend allowed us to cross the finish line in 6th and 7th place. A bit surprised by a penalty at the end of the race regarding how we should approach the corners or how we should drive the race cars. At no point do we want to do anything wrong at these speeds. I believe that without gravel on that corner, on any other corner in the world we will never be even investigated. In F1, with over 20 years of experience, with epic duels like Imola 2005/2006/ Brazil 2023, changing racing lines, sacrificing entry speed to have good exits from corners is part of the art of motorsport. We never drive at 100% every race lap and every corner, we save fuel, tires, brakes, so being responsible for not making every lap the same is a bit surprising. We have to accept it and think about Japan, to have more pace and fight for positions further up the field. Thank you, team!
@AstonMartinF1

Kamel
Kamel

Late 2nd stop.
Race pace is awful, updates are needed

Sedaxel
Sedaxel

Bit by bit, I'm losing my opinion of Russell. GP after GP, I can't find any signs of him being that great driver he looked like he was to be a few years ago.

It's not rare seeing him crashing when under pressure. This time it was just the same: overtaking a world champion driver is not easy. ALO wasn't unfair, he wasn't making unfair maneuvers to put RUS in danger. He was just optimizing his speeds to protect his position... Just as any other good driver would do, and just the same way he's done dozens of times in his career. RUS should know how to drive in those situations, and should know how to take risks and how to not to. If he was too close, that's only his problem.... He was also putting in danger the driver in front because of being so close without expecting defensive and legit maneuvers from the driver he's trying to overtake.

Absurd, comical and hilarious penalty. Shame. And Russell... Well, I guess he's not better than any other midfield driver. Nowadays, I think even Sainz is better than him.

KimiRai
KimiRai

I think Aston made a mistake by pitting Alonso too late. At minimum 1 lap too late because Piastri was quickly catching up behind and made Alonso lose time when he got overtaken, he lost about 2 seconds there. Last laps with Russell would have been easier if they had stopped a little earlier in my opinion.

DLR says they are trying to get out of 5th place, degradation improved and they understand the tyres better, only some tenths remaining. Upgrades could arrive at Suzuka but its not confirmed.

Alex_Z
Alex_Z

Fair penalty. It's nice to see Alonso finally being punished for his dirty moves. Lying about throttle issues as a cover up just sums him up, poor sportsmanship as usual.